How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
ahmad_
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Ok, we need to do it all over again Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, forget all the technical issues, the fact still as is, QTel did close the gates on Voip.

Our fight is more than packets and ports, becuase that will end up being chasing our tails.

Send a message to the US embassy, asking them to do more

Praveen Menon
IRC Director
Public Affairs Section
American Embassy
P.O. Box 2399
Doha, Qatar
Tel: +974-488-4101 ext. 6009
Email: menonp2@state.gov
anahmed
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Qtel & Vonage Reply with quote Back to top

Dear all....

well congrates to all who got it worked out but i agree with Mr/Ms smp about the motorola device blinking 4 times green then going OFF.... though my router detects the device when i go into my routers DHCP clients but still am unable to feel any life in my Vonage. Is there anyone having any idea about this please please please advice.
Again WELL DONE GUYS! thumbs UP Very Happy

Thankx a million - all who worked for this.....

ba-bai.....
bmardini
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Qtel Internet Service Reply with quote Back to top

No one really knows what is happening with Qtel internet service including their own Customer support. Some customers have Voip service, some have limited Voip and some have none. How could this be? Lately I noticed that my internet service is not as fast as before, my down load speed is hovering around 200 to 300 kbps and my upload speed around 100 kbps. This internet speeds is low for a good Voip connection and will ultimately lead to a poor service. As for me, I am one of the fortunate Qtel customers with a working Voip service that is acceptable even though the quality of service not as good as it was before the Qtel block. I included my Hardware information in my signature below for your information.

Router: Linksys WAG54G-EU
Phone: Panasonic KX-TG6502B
stratis63
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Do you want to see QTEL response ???? Reply with quote Back to top

This is the message I gotr to my QTEL complaint.
Do you want more??

Sent: 21 December 2005 15:36

To: Stratis Telloglou

Subject: Message has been deleted

Your message

To: support@qatar.net.qa; alwasel@qtel.net.qa

Subject: Serious BUGS at ADSL line 4670607 since December 8th

Sent: 21/12/2005 09:46

was deleted without being read on 21/12/2005 15:36.

Dear Sirs,

I am a customer of yours having telephone line 4670607 with ADSL connection .

Since December 8th I noticed the following.
1. My speed was drastically reduced. I called QTell service 2 times . They did reset the line but nothing happened.
2. I am unable to visit a number of sites I did visit before as all my efforts are timed out.
3. Almost all my ports are now blocked and cant do a series or works that I did before,(remote access, Voip, terminal server emulation etc)

You technicians failed to correct the problem. Customer service operators gave me a number of different answers every time I called also told me that QTEL was installing some new equipment and Service will be altered. If that is true would business ethics and rules require QTEL to inform their customers before changing any of the service??
At least this is my understanding of dealing with TELCOs in any country of the world. !!!
I am pretty sure that the issue was mishandled as you want to give "superior customer service" . I would appreciate if someone could look seriously in the matter and correct as sioon as possible any faults.

Can I please have an official answer what is happening with my ADSL service.

Thank you for your attention

T Efstratios
+9745004721

The attachements that follow are taken as screen shots from the tests I did to spot the problems.

Connection Speed :This is the maximum speed I could achieve in any of the test average was about 290-300/ 60 (50% reduction on my contract)

Among the porst I was using
Unreachable

Remote access/ Terminal Server/ H323 ports closed

Results from scan of ports: 0, 21-23, 25, 79, 80, 110, 113,
119, 135, 139, 143, 389, 443, 445,
1002, 1024-1030, 1720, 5000

0 Ports Open
5 Ports Stealth
21 Ports Closed
---------------------
26 Ports Tested
bmardini
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Do you want to see QTEL response ???? Reply with quote Back to top

stratis63 wrote:
This is the message I gotr to my QTEL complaint.
Do you want more??

Sent: 21 December 2005 15:36

To: Stratis Telloglou

Subject: Message has been deleted

Your message

To: support@qatar.net.qa; alwasel@qtel.net.qa

Subject: Serious BUGS at ADSL line 4670607 since December 8th

Sent: 21/12/2005 09:46

Did I understand your post correctly? Your email was deleted without being read. This is unethical and not acceptable. What happened to Qtel claim of Superior Customer Service and Bringing People Closer Together?

This reinforces my previous statement that Qtel have a limited Internet capability resulting from a poorly managed network. Qtel have installed this Voip block (filter) because of not only good business decision and greed. However, Qtel wanted to limit our internet access and hide the fact, and not expose them selves to the "#$!&%^#?", that they have a poor network with limited capability that is unusable and cannot keep up with the Qatari growth and expansion. Qtel want to milk their customers from every Riyal they can get out of them with minor network and infrastructure improvement before the deregulation of the industry in few years (make the most profit with lowest expenditure).

Naturally, the Customers are the victims of this colossal greed and conspiracy!

stratis63
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Qtel customer service Reply with quote Back to top

Thats exactly what I got. My message deleted without even being read automatically . I had an notification option in the outlook and they did not even open the message and then delete. They deleted automatically and thats how I got the answer.

In fact this is their dedicated email acocunt for enquires and complaints.
Thats how they treat customers....

Does anyone still belive that we will find our right???

The decisison is only to go thourgh w orkaround VPN or something.
or increase pressure on all possible entities Journalists, papers etc,

Please SEND to BBC news, CNN, AL JAZZERA etc I already did send to BBC, and CNN but I think all of us should do the same

http://www.bbc.com/
http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage
ahmad_
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Do you want to see QTEL response ???? Reply with quote Back to top

stratis63 wrote:

This quite ironic, If a telecom monopoly cannot even turn off their email tracking messages, how can they build a 21st century infrastructure for such a booming country ??
bmardini
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: No One Caress About us Reply with quote Back to top

stratis63 wrote:

Please SEND to BBC news, CNN, AL JAZZERA etc I already did send to BBC, and CNN but I think all of us should do the same

http://www.bbc.com/
http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage

I did send a News alert to CNN and BBC; however, you should wash your hand from Jazeera Channel, Remember where it is located? I also left a News thread in Baltimore Sun (my local paper in Baltimore, Maryland). However not many people joined the discussion and comments.

The only way to get our problem covered in world media is for a government spokesperson, public officials or an Ambassador talk about this issue in a press release or in an interview. Any one has a favor with or knows a prominent public official..

It is Ironic to say that we do not have much support out side or inside Qatar. As a colleague said to me few days ago, why you still care about this issue, your Voip was restored. Exclamation Embarassed Sad

yahya
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Sponsored Link Reply with quote Back to top

Any thoughts on creating a sponsored link or ad for a site addressing our grievances on Google that is tied to searces on Qatar Telecom? I know I'd be willing to chip in.

Let me know what you guys think.
QHell
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Chipping In Reply with quote Back to top

Anything you need Yahya. I am ready to chip in.