How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
ZG77_OzZ
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trowski wrote:
A pap2 is an adapter that doesn't have the router capabilities. It is just an adapter.

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C2%26cid%3D1117044308483&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

That would work?
I will ask Vonage when they call me back lol Wink

TT XASER, Armor Black /Intel D955XBKLKR /Intel 955X ATX/Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 840 Dual Core, EM64T /W D Raptor WD360GD 36.7GB 10,000 RPM 8MB Cache SATA150 Hard Drive - /WD Raptor WD740GD 74.7GB 10,000 RPM 8MB Cache SATA150 Hard Drive/ BFG Tech Geforce 7800GTX 256MB PCIE/CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) DCl Kit /LG Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD-ROM Drive / Windows PRO XP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Trowski
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well it is something you can go out and buy yourself.

galion
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unless you are tech savvy your best bet is to go buy a standard Linksys router. For example, if you want wireless get the WRT54G. Use the default settings. Plug it into the cable modem provided by your cable service or your DSL modem provided by your DSL service. When you purchase your WRT54G buy a Linksys PAP2 adapter. Plug it into one of the ports on your Linksys router. You will be up and running with no problems. That is why Vonage locks the PAP2. It gives the non-techie an easy way to get going. As you build confidence you can then begin using someof the WRT54G settings to increase security.

Now on this forum are a lot of tech savvy people who know a lot more about the details. They can do a lot of things to tweak the system and squeeze it, but they can also help you when you have a standard setup.

Buy your Linksys router and PAP2 adapter at one of the local big box electronic stores such as Best Buy or Circuit City. They will typically be very helpful to take returns if you get a bad product which doesn't usually seem to be the case. I was able to get an entire four phone wireless system almost free due to open box sales and rebates while I was there.

Good luck!

The days of thousands of pounds of copper wires hanging on poles are coming to an end.
ZG77_OzZ
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

can not use Linksys for work need netgear for vpn reasons

TT XASER, Armor Black /Intel D955XBKLKR /Intel 955X ATX/Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 840 Dual Core, EM64T /W D Raptor WD360GD 36.7GB 10,000 RPM 8MB Cache SATA150 Hard Drive - /WD Raptor WD740GD 74.7GB 10,000 RPM 8MB Cache SATA150 Hard Drive/ BFG Tech Geforce 7800GTX 256MB PCIE/CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) DCl Kit /LG Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD-ROM Drive / Windows PRO XP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hco
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Netgear fvs-124g and Vonage Reply with quote Back to top

ZG77_OzZ wrote:
Trowski wrote:
I thought you had a netgear and a linksys?

Ok
I have a netgear fvs124g
I have motorola vt1005v

What happing:

People call and say the phone is not in service.
I call out and the phone rings non stop.

But the person I call pics up there phone and hears nothing.
Just fun stuff like this.
All ports are open that was asked of me. I am on the phone with tear 3 support now.
They are lost for word on why this is happing.

I ran across this post after a google search and joined the forum.

I haven't found any firmware version with the Netgear
FVS124g that will work reliably with Vonage other
than 1.1.11, and yes, this is much older than the most
recent version (.24). I use a PAP2 Vonage adapter also.

I've tested firmwares .24 and .17 recently and had
all kinds of problems that are very similar to what you
mention above. On reverting back to .11, they go away
for me.

Also, you probably want to run this router in failover mode
where only one WAN port is active at once. Using load
balancing mode will cause problems unless everything Vonage
related is bound to only one of the WAN ports. Even then,
I haven't found a way to use Vonage reliably while this router
is in load balancing mode.

So, you may want to give firmware .11 a try and switch to failover mode. Vonage works reliably for me without any special rules added in this configuration.

I'm watching the Netgear forums for any new updates on
using Vonage with the later firmware revs on the 124g.
I bought this router for the ability to handle two broadband
connections and have been very disappointed with it so far
because of all of the Vonage related headaches I've had
while using it.

My old Netgear WGT624 wireless router never had issues
with Vonage like the FVS124g has had.
ZG77_OzZ
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Netgear fvs-124g and Vonage Reply with quote Back to top

hco wrote:
ZG77_OzZ wrote:
Trowski wrote:
I thought you had a netgear and a linksys?

Ok
I have a netgear fvs124g
I have motorola vt1005v

What happing:

People call and say the phone is not in service.
I call out and the phone rings non stop.

But the person I call pics up there phone and hears nothing.
Just fun stuff like this.
All ports are open that was asked of me. I am on the phone with tear 3 support now.
They are lost for word on why this is happing.

I ran across this post after a google search and joined the forum.

I haven't found any firmware version with the Netgear
FVS124g that will work reliably with Vonage other
than 1.1.11, and yes, this is much older than the most
recent version (.24). I use a PAP2 Vonage adapter also.

I've tested firmwares .24 and .17 recently and had
all kinds of problems that are very similar to what you
mention above. On reverting back to .11, they go away
for me.

Also, you probably want to run this router in failover mode
where only one WAN port is active at once. Using load
balancing mode will cause problems unless everything Vonage
related is bound to only one of the WAN ports. Even then,
I haven't found a way to use Vonage reliably while this router
is in load balancing mode.

So, you may want to give firmware .11 a try and switch to failover mode. Vonage works reliably for me without any special rules added in this configuration.

I'm watching the Netgear forums for any new updates on
using Vonage with the later firmware revs on the 124g.
I bought this router for the ability to handle two broadband
connections and have been very disappointed with it so far
because of all of the Vonage related headaches I've had
while using it.

My old Netgear WGT624 wireless router never had issues
with Vonage like the FVS124g has had.

I am only using one wan port.
And fail over isnot working .
Firmware is the latest firmware for this, Vonage needs to get this to work.
I have great speeds on net no problem game play and uploading my website files so on.

galion
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you must stick to Netgear then a little more work is needed. As hco pointed out you may have to change the Netgear firmware. Also, I know you probably already checked this, but all the Netgear comes with the ports closed. Did you go to the Netgear website, click on support, and search Vonage? It will show you what ports to open. In fact, it is a rather good resource for ports on a lot of stuff other than Vonage.

Let me save you a few steps. Click here.
I bet you already tried this, but it was worth mentioning.

They also have a useful forum over on Netgear for addressing the situation with the FVS124G. I even saw hco over there! So he / she probably has the best solution. But there seems to be a interesting discussion there on that firmware which includes some Vonage discussion. I won't include the link because you need to register over there.

As to fault, I wouldn't go to far in throwing blame to Vonage or Netgear since we don't know if Netgear is following a standard or using something different. We also don't know what Vonage may be doing, but if it was merely a Vonage problem I suspect we would see a lot of other brand routers with the same problem. Looks more like Netgear is having a little issue with a patch which isn't so unusual. It seems no matter how much you field test a software patch once you get out of testing and release it Murphy's law takes over.

Good luck and hang in there. I bet Netgear will soon release a new patch that should get you around the problem. Until then I bet hco and his/her suggestions might be your best route.

The days of thousands of pounds of copper wires hanging on poles are coming to an end.
Remag1234
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Try this to fix your problem Reply with quote Back to top

First I think the problem you have is a 1d10t malfunction. I strongly recommend getting rid of Vonage and get Verizon. The charges are high and you will not be able to post to this forum.
Use this: Spellcheck, Spellcheck, Spellcheck, Spellcheck, Spellcheck.

The above malfunction is also know as.............IDIOT MALFUNCTION.

I have used Vonage for the past year and called Tech support several times. True sometimes the wait time seems like forever, but the techs are nothing short of GREAT......
Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol
bg4
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is finger pointing really appropriate in this thread? Flaming and name calling are uncalled for.

Router Motorola VT2442
Setup: SB4200>VT2442>Linksys WRT54G v2.2 (running WRT) wifi enabled-port 1 to switch>two PC's-
Remag1234
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Name calling & Finger pointing Reply with quote Back to top

To Bg4,
Kindly show where there is the DIRECT name calling. Why not read the post again before trying to get into anyone's face............
If the shoe fits.....................

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes