How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » LNP – Local Number Portability
db242
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Any ideas on what i can do? Been waiting since Feb. Reply with quote Back to top

February 9, 2005 Awaiting Letter of Authorization
February 10, 2005 Letter of Authorization (LOA) Received
February 10, 2005 Transfer Sent to Carrier

Customer Service is a joke... they just read off of their little cue cards.
Customer Service Supervisors... are worse... "i'll check into it and get back to you" to which i never hear from them again

We don't have any information for you, it has been escalated at least three times and never a word out of anyone. i threatened to cancel my service, and they didn't even care. last week i called, and got hung up on three times.

I realize the tone of this post is somewhat angry, but and i am really a very nice person, and realize that is the is not CS fault and always speak kindly to them, maybe some yelling and screaming to the supervisor's supervisor would make a difference??

Your thoughts?

thanks for reading my rant,
"about to to get rid of all phone services except cell phone"
Bnr78
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Who is your local provider. Most of the time it isn't Vonage's fault, there hands are tied like you. Your old carrier is in no rush to lose a customer. They make it differcult for them so it makes them look bad. Yelling at CS or the Sup's won't make a difference they are following there process. If i was you I would try to get a "ticket" number from Vonage try to explain to them that you have been waiting and try to response when you are on the phone. But understand that there hands are tied.
ryanc2
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Any ideas on what i can do? Been waiting since Feb. Reply with quote Back to top

db242 wrote:

Customer Service is a joke... they just read off of their little cue cards.
Customer Service Supervisors... are worse... "i'll check into it and get back to you" to which i never hear from them again

We don't have any information for you, it has been escalated at least three times and never a word out of anyone. i threatened to cancel my service, and they didn't even care. last week i called, and got hung up on three times.

I realize the tone of this post is somewhat angry, but and i am really a very nice person, and realize that is the is not CS fault and always speak kindly to them, maybe some yelling and screaming to the supervisor's supervisor would make a difference??

Your thoughts?

thanks for reading my rant,
"about to to get rid of all phone services except cell phone"

I hear ya! I'm having all the same problems and I've pretty much had it.
wyder
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like you are doing it all.....you just have to wait! I was waiting since January and just got ported September 1. Don't blame it all on your present carrier. Vonage was responsible for losing my LOA and never telling me until the middle of June. SBC only threw a month delay by asking that the billing and other address match. I think there is enough blame to go around for both sides. It will happen eventually, so all you can do is be patient..
I notice from the types of messages on this forum that the situation is getting better though I will not recommend any of my family members go to Vonage until I see further improvement. I'll keep watching this forum.
I hope your port happens soon. Keep calling them every few days at this point.
rico
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is a bigger problem here with Vonage than they will even admit. I've posted a similar problem here and they removed my post. I wonder how many have been removed?

I had business number transfered Vonage. After a month of paying both Vonage and my local company (while waiting for the change), the number was transfered. The local company line went dead so all calls now are Vonage right? That would be a good thing, but not one single person in my local home town can call our business number. All they get is a "line disconnected" message. Now how long do you think a business can continue if all their customers are calling a line that is disconnected?

The worse thing we did was change to Vonage! We have not been able to make a successful FAX transmission on the Vonage line yet and we are sitting on 2 dedicated T-1's! It's not our connection that has a problem....

Good luck with your Vonage!
dconnor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

rico wrote:
I've posted a similar problem here and they removed my post.

Much like this post, the one that was removed violated numerous Forum Rules

Specifically:
Quote:
"Although we are a very open forum, postings that appear to be out-right negative, with clearly no sought for a solution in the post, will be moderated if need be. If you are looking for help, we are here to help. If you are looking to rant and only rant, please look elsewhere."

and

Quote:
Any topic title in ALL CAPS or in BOLD WILL be deleted.

rico
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The problem here is that Vonage is doing nothing to help people transfer their phone numbers. For a business this transfer process is a killer! What do you think would happen to Vonage if we cut all their phones off for a week or more? That's what has happened to us so far and no answer or help from Vonage to resolve the problem.

It should be clearly stated that there could be a "long term" interruption of service. We purchased our Vonage by calling their sales department and there was NO mention of an interruption of service when I requested the number change to Vonage. Not only did we pay for service at both the old provider and Vonage for a month, but now that Vonage has taken the phone number, we're still paying Vonage to do nothing but sit there because our customers can't call us anyway.

Is this negative? Yes it is because there's nothing good about your customers not being able to contact you. Is there a sought for a solution in this post? You bet, but it doesn't seem Vonage has one and at this point I have no answers either. It appears this problem is not an issolated issue and something Vonage needs to address and certainly needs to let their customer know before they commit to a change.

YUK!
db242
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Update to the shenanigans Reply with quote Back to top

Updated Date: Number Transfer Progress History: Required Action
September 22, 2005 Carrier Approved Transfer
October 27, 2005 LNP Transfer Cancelled

October 27, 2005 Awaiting Letter of Authorization
October 28, 2005 Letter of Authorization (LOA) Received
October 28, 2005 Transfer Sent to Carrier

After speaking to a CSR on a daily basis, I was finally told it would be better to cancel and apply via eLOA which I have done. The CSRs are extremely friendly and courteous, but they just are not empowered to do a single thing except generate escalated tickets.
To add salt to my frustration, a friend of mine just joined about a month or so ago, and his number has already been ported. We use the same local carrier, Bellsouth, his transfer flies through at break neck pace, while mine seems to get slower by the day.
I would like to say that so far, calling out with Vonage is great and we have not had any problems with the network or hardware(yes i know i just gave myself the kiss of death) and the CSRs are nice. It is just level if ineptitude of the process that is incredulous. Could anyone explain to me why Vonage can not call their third party who handles the actual transfer and ask them whats up? From what I am told by CSRs and Supervisors, the only way that they can contact them is via email. Wow!! Talk about communication barrier.

thanks for reading and any solutions offered will be met with great thanks.
db242
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Update 12.06.05 Reply with quote Back to top

No change in the dashboard information, however, after a call the the friendlier CSR at Vonage they told me that i a tentative transfer date of 12.15.05. Woo Hoo!!! all they are waiting on now is a final okay from Bellsouth. should i get my hopes up? i am skeptic, but since i've got over 10 months invested in this process, i just gotta believe. i've read that some people have had issues with the tentative date(i.e. still not happening, no communication at all). my new issue is that we are move to a different location out of the area code on 12.22.05 and would like to keep this number for our friends in the city. Any reassuring words?

on a side note, does Vonage have a Quality Control department? i mean no disrespect, but I was told by a manager at Vonage that the reason they could not call the carriers or their "third party" company is because of the "sheer volume" of requests. he quoted roughly over 2000 numbers... my question is also, shouldn't there be a threshold limit for the time waiting for a transport? for example, any customer waiting over a year, to get a little bit more personalized service? instead of the we did our side of the work now we'll throw it over the wall and not think twice about it. i am sure that everyone at Vonage is working dilliegently to correct any problems with the organizational process.. sorry to start ranting... i'll shut up and wait for any replies of reassuring words.

September 22, 2005 Carrier Approved Transfer
October 27, 2005 LNP Transfer Cancelled

October 27, 2005 Awaiting Letter of Authorization
October 28, 2005 Letter of Authorization (LOA) Received
October 28, 2005 Transfer Sent to Carrier

After speaking to a CSR on a daily basis, I was finally told it would be better to cancel and apply via eLOA which I have done. The CSRs are extremely friendly and courteous, but they just are not empowered to do a single thing except generate escalated tickets.
To add salt to my frustration, a friend of mine just joined about a month or so ago, and his number has already been ported. We use the same local carrier, Bellsouth, his transfer flies through at break neck pace, while mine seems to get slower by the day.
I would like to say that so far, calling out with Vonage is great and we have not had any problems with the network or hardware(yes i know i just gave myself the kiss of death) and the CSRs are nice. It is just level if ineptitude of the process that is incredulous. Could anyone explain to me why Vonage can not call their third party who handles the actual transfer and ask them whats up? From what I am told by CSRs and Supervisors, the only way that they can contact them is via email. Wow!! Talk about communication barrier.

thanks for reading and any solutions offered will be met with great thanks.
bloodniece
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Vonage LNP Problems Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with most here.
The transfer process communication is ONE-WAY.
It is up to the customer to complain, cajole, and query Vonage through the whole process. The Vonage sales rep said I only have to cancel Ringmaster. 3 months later; i had to open two support cases to find out Bellsouth needed a workorder # for the Ringmaster service cancellation. I would have gotten that info months back from Bellsouth when I put the cancel order in. Thanks Vonage for letting me know I needed that info .... 3 months late, and after much probing!
Ok, so Bellsouth and other baby Bells are not playing fair in the transfer game. I can buy that. Vonage is advertising that one can transfer their existing number from their existing carrier with ease. Don't offer a service if it is not ready to go public. Just reading these forum posts is enough to see the Vonage needs to reevaluate the process and improve their quality of service and customers relations.