Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Appreciation
Appreciation

Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

international connection
international connection

VDV21-VD adapter and Vonage service - a winner!
VDV21-VD adapter and Vonage service - a winner!

Should have signed up sooner!!!!
Should have signed up sooner!!!!

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
OldSnipe
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Vonage Areacode Coverage Shrinking Reply with quote Back to top

I have been waiting since January for Vonage to pick up my area code 541. In January they offered 4 of the 5 Oregon area codes. Today they are down to 1! At first CS told me, " Just around the corner", In March it was, We are constantly negotating for more area codes", The last contact was, "We will e-mail you when.."

I have been watching other area codes also. It appears to me that Vonage is not expanding in this area. I can't understand. They flood the TV in central Oregon with ads but don't have the area codes??

Does anyone hve any insight into this? Why is the area code list apparently shrinking, not expanding?

Thanks,

Modem: Motorola Surfboard SB5101
Tel. Cachinkus: Linksys v-portal
Who the heck is the Old Snipe? Http://oldsnipe.com knows
scerruti
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would doubt that they are actually shrinking, if so I would expect that we would hear from customers who were terminated by Vonage.

I expect that Vonage is having a hard time getting numbers for new customers in those area codes or they are having issues installing additional equipment to handle more customers.

In the first case they may still be able to port numbers, but without spare numbers to use as temporary numbers I am not sure if their process can handle it.

In the second case they are at the mercy of the CLEC who is providing them connectivity in Oregon.