Sign up
 Vonage  

       
 
Vonage Forum Menu

Vonage Forums
Vonage VoIP Forum
mikebrown Posted:
Hello, I think
you should consult
it with the Expert
they can surely
help you
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
Hardwiring in a Rental House
On Jun 24, 2017 at 09:15:34

Haniltery Posted:
For wipe call
history also some
of the offline, in
gengral , it
usually apply to
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
How to Delete call history from online account?
On May 09, 2017 at 06:14:26

diana87 Posted:
You have to use
VPN service to
bypass
Geo-restrictions
and get free
access while
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Recent calling problem from Egypt
On May 02, 2017 at 17:28:06

dconnor Posted:
What is the main
number on the
account? And
which one is the
virtual number?
...

In The Forum:
Vonage UK
Topic:
How do you call 999
On Apr 27, 2017 at 18:52:02

Trafford Posted:
Seems like a
simple
question. We
rely exclusively
on a Vonage system
for our
...

In The Forum:
Vonage UK
Topic:
How do you call 999
On Apr 27, 2017 at 10:42:50

diazou Posted:
Hello, It's
compatible with
Android your phone
software
? Thanks!
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Mar 28, 2017 at 12:42:33

jeddaisg Posted:
Hi all We have
a Vonage VOIP
system for our
office. Lately,
our call quality
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Ethernet Cable; Wiring schematic? 568-B?
On Feb 23, 2017 at 18:33:52

beast321 Posted:
I don't know if
you heard, that
many more
Dreamcast games
are opened up
recently.
...

In The Forum:
Fax - Tivo - Alarms
Topic:
Using phone as a dial up modem for Dreamcast Gaming
On Feb 16, 2017 at 03:16:51

Av8rix Posted:
Sorry to start a
new thread on an
old topic but when
I google “Vonage
MAC address
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
New adapter and router -- MAC change
On Jan 11, 2017 at 01:07:21

tplink Posted:
Im trying to add
my HT802 vonage
adapter to my home
network. I
currently have
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
Vonage behind switch
On Dec 05, 2016 at 12:35:11


Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Expands International Presence with Investments in Asia Pacific Region

Vonage to Present at the Oppenheimer 20th Annual Technology, Internet & Communications Conference

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months



Review: My First Day With Vonage, Excellent!
Review: My First Day With Vonage, Excellent!



Great Price, No Complaints
Great Price, No Complaints



You need some common sense.
You need some common sense.



Vonage Customer Review: One month with Vonage, and...
Vonage Customer Review: One month with Vonage, and...




Vonage Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
Author Message
robsalonga
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Aug 12, 2005
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: My VT1005V just blinks for hours, no INternet, no dialtone Reply with quote Back to top

I use only one PC. When I connect it to my DSL modem, everything is fine. But when my VT1005V arrived, I couldn't make it work. I connected it to the DSL modem (the WAN ligh is on), then I connected my PC and phone to the VT1005V. However, it just blinks for several hours. No Internet connection, no dialtone. If I turn on my PC, open my browser, type in 192.168.102.1, "Page cannot be displayed" is all I get. What should I do? Please help, I need it badly for my work.
View user's profile Send private message
gkdada
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Aug 12, 2005
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My two bits:

Try restarting your DSL modem. Fully power off and bring back after a few seconds. This should be the order: Restart the cable modem, wait until it is fully up. Restart the Vonage box wait until indicator becomes solid. Now try "ipconfig /renew" in your PC.

If the above doesn't work, report how many blinks you get. I think (on VT1005V, the sequnce is thus:)

1 blink: DHCP
2 blinks: connect to Vonage server
3 blinks registering
4 blinks checking for updates

So, if you can pinpoint where it is failing, you will get more help.
View user's profile Send private message
robsalonga
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Aug 12, 2005
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: My VT1005V just blinks for hours, no Internet, no dialtone Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks! I tried your suggestions but the Adapter LED indicator just keeps on blinking. I cannot proceed with the rest of the steps because the power light never stops blinking.


gkdada wrote:
My two bits:

Try restarting your DSL modem. Fully power off and bring back after a few seconds. This should be the order: Restart the cable modem, wait until it is fully up. Restart the Vonage box wait until indicator becomes solid. Now try "ipconfig /renew" in your PC.

If the above doesn't work, report how many blinks you get. I think (on VT1005V, the sequnce is thus:)

1 blink: DHCP
2 blinks: connect to Vonage server
3 blinks registering
4 blinks checking for updates

So, if you can pinpoint where it is failing, you will get more help.
View user's profile Send private message
gkdada
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Aug 12, 2005
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's exactly what I meant:

Does it blink at a steady rate? or does it go: blink...blink....gap....blink...blink, OR 3 blinks, GAP, 3 blinks....or 4 blinks...gap...4 blinks?
View user's profile Send private message
robsalonga
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Aug 12, 2005
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: My VT1005V just blinks for hours, no Internet, no dialtone Reply with quote Back to top

The pattern is different, it's not among the choices. The pattern is:

blink...blnk...gap...blink...gap...blink...blink

gkdada wrote:
That's exactly what I meant:

Does it blink at a steady rate? or does it go: blink...blink....gap....blink...blink, OR 3 blinks, GAP, 3 blinks....or 4 blinks...gap...4 blinks?
View user's profile Send private message
VonageTPA
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>


Joined: Jul 11, 2005
Posts: 1715
Location: Florida (usually)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From an earlier post in the forum:

Set a static IP on the computer connected to the Motorola box.

Address: 192.168.102.100
subnet: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.102.1

Connect the ethernet port on the computer to the PC port on the Motorola.

Then use your browser to try to access the Motorola by typing this address: 192.168.102.1.

Then change the Motorola configuration back to what it was when things were working.

If this doesn't work, call Vonage support. They can tell you how to access and inaccessible router doing the above or something similar.
View user's profile Send private message
robsalonga
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Aug 12, 2005
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: My VT1005V just blinks for hours, no Internet, no dialtone Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks! I've read that part too. However, I believe that you should only do that if the VT1005V's light has gone steady and you still cannot access the Internet.

In my case, the LED indicator has not reached that state (steady, not blinking). So, if I visit 192.168.102.1, "Page cannot be displayed" is what I get.

VonageTPA wrote:
From an earlier post in the forum:

Set a static IP on the computer connected to the Motorola box.

Address: 192.168.102.100
subnet: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.102.1

Connect the ethernet port on the computer to the PC port on the Motorola.

Then use your browser to try to access the Motorola by typing this address: 192.168.102.1.

Then change the Motorola configuration back to what it was when things were working.

If this doesn't work, call Vonage support. They can tell you how to access and inaccessible router doing the above or something similar.
View user's profile Send private message
VonageTPA
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>


Joined: Jul 11, 2005
Posts: 1715
Location: Florida (usually)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: My VT1005V just blinks for hours, no Internet, no dialto Reply with quote Back to top

robsalonga wrote:
Thanks! I've read that part too. However, I believe that you should only do that if the VT1005V's light has gone steady and you still cannot access the Internet.

In my case, the LED indicator has not reached that state (steady, not blinking). So, if I visit 192.168.102.1, "Page cannot be displayed" is what I get.


If you're not willing to try to fix the problem, don't expect it to go away on its own. The most likely reason you're getting "Page cannot be displayed" is that the VT1005 has DHCP disabled or some other quirk. Because of this, it's probably not handing out a proper IP to your computer, and because your computer isn't running in the same subnet as the VT, it refuses to accept connections from it. There is also the possibility that your VT1005 is dead. Vonage hasn't shipped out new VT1005's in some time (at least 6 months, probably longer), and you said you got yours "new", so maybe it's not as new as you think it is.

So, try setting your computer's IP to the aforementioned settings and see what the Vt1005 is telling you.
View user's profile Send private message
robsalonga
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Aug 12, 2005
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: My VT1005V just blinks for hours, no Internet, no dialto Reply with quote Back to top

I've just joined this forum and obviously the reason is to have this problem fixed. I'm just saying that I've already tried the first suggested steps and they did not work. I've exchanged e-mails with Vonage Digital Phone Technical Support and they haven't figured it out. That's why I went to this forum, hoping to hear something new.

By the way, I never said mine was "new". Read my first post. I said that it "arrived". It was actually sent to me by my company in the US. I'm in the Philippines right now.

From what I understand, the first process that must take place is the installation or initialization. The Adapter needs to obtain an IP address first from the DSL/cable modem. Thus, the different blink patterns. Unfortunately, the initialization process has not even been completed and, as I've said, the power light has not gone solid green. Result: no Internet connection and no dialtone. "Page cannot be displayed."

Okay, I will still buy the idea. I'm willing to try the last suggestion again. Are you saying that with the situation I gave (power light still blinking), if I set my PC to the aforementioned IP, I should be able to get to the Motorola page and not get "Page cannot be displayed?

You mentioned 2 possible causes. Can you suggest a fix for each, if there is any?

1. VT1005 has DHCP disabled -- So, what should I do if this is the case? Is it the above-mentioned suggestion? If yes, okay, I will do it again and see what will happen.

2. VT1005 is dead -- Does it mean I can no longer use it?

Thanks for all your inputs. Now, I'm enjoying this forum. Smile


VonageTPA wrote:
robsalonga wrote:
Thanks! I've read that part too. However, I believe that you should only do that if the VT1005V's light has gone steady and you still cannot access the Internet.

In my case, the LED indicator has not reached that state (steady, not blinking). So, if I visit 192.168.102.1, "Page cannot be displayed" is what I get.


If you're not willing to try to fix the problem, don't expect it to go away on its own. The most likely reason you're getting "Page cannot be displayed" is that the VT1005 has DHCP disabled or some other quirk. Because of this, it's probably not handing out a proper IP to your computer, and because your computer isn't running in the same subnet as the VT, it refuses to accept connections from it. There is also the possibility that your VT1005 is dead. Vonage hasn't shipped out new VT1005's in some time (at least 6 months, probably longer), and you said you got yours "new", so maybe it's not as new as you think it is.

So, try setting your computer's IP to the aforementioned settings and see what the Vt1005 is telling you.
View user's profile Send private message
VonageTPA
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>


Joined: Jul 11, 2005
Posts: 1715
Location: Florida (usually)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: My VT1005V just blinks for hours, no Internet, no dialto Reply with quote Back to top

robsalonga wrote:
From what I understand, the first process that must take place is the installation or initialization. The Adapter needs to obtain an IP address first from the DSL/cable modem. Thus, the different blink patterns. Unfortunately, the initialization process has not even been completed and, as I've said, the power light has not gone solid green. Result: no Internet connection and no dialtone. "Page cannot be displayed."

Okay, I will still buy the idea. I'm willing to try the last suggestion again. Are you saying that with the situation I gave (power light still blinking), if I set my PC to the aforementioned IP, I should be able to get to the Motorola page and not get "Page cannot be displayed?


This is correct. If you can't access the Motorola's configuration pages, then there aren't too many options available. If you can access it, then there are a few settings which can be tried.


Quote:
1. VT1005 has DHCP disabled -- So, what should I do if this is the case? Is it the above-mentioned suggestion? If yes, okay, I will do it again and see what will happen.


Having DHCP disabled would cause the computer not to be assigned a proper IP address, therefore you wouldn't be able to access the Motorola's configuration pages. This still doesn't address the connectivity issues, but we need to be able to access the Motorola's configuration pages to get the status of it, which will tell us what is really going on with the box. I wouldn't be surprised if we're dealing with a MAC address issue, but there's no way to change it other than accessing the config pages.

Quote:
2. VT1005 is dead -- Does it mean I can no longer use it?


Yep. It's a possibility, but a very remote one.
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Vonage Service Plans


Vonage VoIP Members
Members List Members
New patsykf3
New Today 0
Yesterday 0
Total 101029

Who Is On Site
Visitors 1
Members 0
Total 1


Vonage VoIP Forum Members:
Login Here
Not a Member? You can Register Here
As a registered member you will have access to the VoIP Speed Test, Vonage Service Announcements and post comments in the
Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage Stock Price
Value:
Change:   
Up to 15 Minute Delay

Site Search
 






†AK and HI residents pay $29.95 shipping. ††Limited time offer. Valid for residents of the United States (&DC), 18 years or older, who open new accounts. Offer good while supplies last and only on new account activations. One kit per account/household. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, promotions or plans and is not applicable to past purchases. Good while supplies last. Allow up to 2 weeks for shipping. Other restrictions may apply.

1Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.

2Shipping and activation fees waived with 1-year agreement. An Early Termination Fee (with periodic pro-rated reductions) applies if service is terminated before the end of the first 12 months. Additional restrictions may apply. See Terms of Service for details.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET REQUIRED. †VALID FOR NEW LINES ONLY. RATES EXCLUDE INTERNET SERVICE, SURCHARGES, FEES AND TAXES. DEVICE MAY BE REFURBISHED. If you subscribe to plans with monthly minutes allotments, all call minutes placed from both from your home and registered ExtensionsTM phones will count toward your monthly minutes allotment. ExtensionsTM calls made from mobiles use airtime and may incur surcharges, depending on your mobile plan. Alarms, TTY and other systems may not be compatible. Vonage 911 service operates differently than traditional 911. See www.vonage.com/911 for details.

** Certain call types excluded.

www.vonage-forum.com is not an official Vonage support website & is independently operated.
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All comments are property of their posters.
All other www.vonage-forum.com content is © Copyright 2002 - 2013 by 4Sight Media LLC.

Thinking of signing up for Vonage but have questions?
Business and Residential customers can call Toll Free 24 hours a day at: 1-888-692-8074
No Vonage Promotion Code or Coupon Codes are required at www.vonage.com to receive any special,
best Vonage cheap deals, free sign up offers or discounts.

[ | | | | | ]

Vonage Forum Site Maps

Vonage | VoIP Forum | How VoIP Works | Wiring and Installation Page Two | International Rate Plans 2 | Internet Phone
Promotion | Vonage Review | VoIP | Broadband Phone | Free Month | Rebate | Vonnage | Vontage | VoIP | Phone Service
Phone | llamadas ilimitadas a Mexico | Latest News | VoIP Acronyms | Deal | Philippines Globe Phone | Site Maps

The Vonage Forum provides the Vonage sign up Best Offer Promotion Deal.
If you are considering signing up for Vonage and have found our Vonage News, Customer Reviews, Forums
& all other parts of this site useful, please use our Vonage Sign up page.


Vonage VoIP Phone Service is redefining communications by offering consumers
& small business VoIP Internet phones, an affordable alternative to traditional phone service.
The Vonage VoIP Forum Generated This Page In: 1.50 Seconds and Pages In The Last 60 Seconds
The Vonage VoIP Forum