How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Fax - Tivo - Alarms
dconnor
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: frostwolf... Reply with quote Back to top

dddane wrote:
do you know if you can do this change with other providers? (lingo)...

Ask on their forum.

Rusty
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Dish Network support Reply with quote Back to top

dddane wrote:
Although we know Dish officially doesn't support Voip, I got this reply from Dish today... (actually 2 replies)

---
Mr. XXXX,

We do not currently have a time frame on when this software will be released; however, I assure you we are working on it. It will be released to our receivers via satellite in a software download. Your receiver will automatically receive it.

The $4.99 fee is not actually for a second physical receiver; it is for programming access on the secondary television. Customers who have two televisions with independent programming are charged this fee. We offer to waive the fee if you have a dual tuner receiver and agree to keep a standard phone line plugged in.

Kendra Skemp

Technical Support

Dish Network

Kendra.Skemp@ecXXXr.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 2:31 PM
To: Skemp, Kendra
Subject: RE: Equipment/Software

Why is it that DirecTV support Voip without a problem?

What is the time frame for when Dish Network will support it, and will the support be enabled in my 625 dual tuner receiver? If not, please let me know so I can return it now and switch back to DirecTV. I refuse to pay $4.99/mo for a second receiver, when I don't really have a second receiver. This is insane. The Smart Card is built in to the receiver, there is no way I could split the receiver into two and actually have two.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 3:21 PM
To: XXX
Subject: RE: Equipment/Software

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail. Dish Network receivers do not currently support Voip services. This issue is being researched and we hope to have a solution for Broadband phone users in the near future.

There are certain applications you will not be able to take advantage of without a standard phone line such as: our interactive TV services, Customer Support Application, and Caller ID; you will also not be able to use your remote control to order any Pay-Per-View events or movies. (Pay per view can still be ordered online at www.dishnetwork.com/ppv or by calling 1-877-347-4778 with a $1 transaction fee). Another consideration is, without a standard phone line an additional a $4.99 per month access fee will be applied to your account if you have one of our dual tuner receivers (models 322, 522, 625, and 942). We are actively working on a solution for Voip phone lines as we realize this technology is becoming more prevalent.

Kendra

Dish Network

Technical Support

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:45 AM
To: TechForum
Subject: Equipment/Software

Subject: Equipment/Software

How do I get my 625 dual tuner receiver to work with my Voip phone

line?

Just chiming in here:

I got Dish about 5 months ago. Have 2 receivers one with DVR the other is the standard dual receiver. I had to install 2 additional phone jacks off of my linksys router for Voip for this. I plugged both
receivers in for the installer and they both passed first blush. I too like others here have my router set at 90k for QOS. Never experienced a problem yet.

Have a great Holiday.....Rusty
danh
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Dishplayer 625 Setup Reply with quote Back to top

To activate my displayer 625 I simply went into the phone menu on the receiver (menu-6-1-4), selected Prefix code, and put *99 for the prefix.

Everything works fine now.
dddane
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Dishplayer 625 Setup Reply with quote Back to top

danh wrote:
To activate my displayer 625 I simply went into the phone menu on the receiver (menu-6-1-4), selected Prefix code, and put *99 for the prefix.

Everything works fine now.

yes i'm told this works now. for purposes of history on this issue, Dish used to block you from entering the *99 prefix by not allowing you to enter the * as a dialing prefix. they now allow this after a software update was done.

unfortunately, too little too late. I ended up canceling Dish network and switching over to DirectTV before they were able to do anything to resolve it...
danh
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I spent close to 6 hours searching for a solution and found only 1 paragraph buried deeply inside a different topic.

I posted this here so that anyone else in the future won't have to spend so much time looking.

dj
MelBerry
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Both DIRECTV and Dish Network work pretty well with Voip (depending on your Broadband connection), and specifically Vonage. The following link on our site was provided to us by Echostar/Dish Network. It details how to make an improvement of your Dish Network receiver work with Vonage - it also shows which receivers have the available software/abilities that will help Vonage to work with your receivers.

http://www.dbstv.com/u_dish_network/Improving_Voice_over_IP.pdf

**************************************************************************************************************

www.dbstvforum.com
www.dbstv.com

Houston, TX USA 77079

281-464-0101 off
713-464-0101 VoIP/Vonage
dddane
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MelBerry wrote:
Both DIRECTV and Dish Network work pretty well with Voip
http://www.dbstv.com/u_dish_network/Improving_Voice_over_IP.pdf

while it's great that this is now the case, it historically wasn't always.... I actually switched from Dish network to DirecTV specifically because of their failure to support Voip. What did it for me was they specifically blocked certain dialing prefixes as if they were trying to make Voip not compatible, then they charged $5/mo more because of it. Their support was very arrogant about it as well. They've since undone this and you can dial those prefixes, but it's too little too late for some of us....
DeronHess
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Dish Network 625 and Vonage Reply with quote Back to top

OK.... Here is my rant with Dish Network.... I just got off the phone with their Technical Support (or so called)... I have Dish 625 and a 322 receivers. I have recently cancelled my AT&T landlines and switched to Vonage. I absolutely love my Vonage. I also have a dry-loop DSL line for my internet. I cannot get my 625 to connect to connect to Dish through Vonage. I had to call Dish to try to deal with the $5.00/mo fee I was told by Dish that Voip is not supported and I will have to pay the fee... I have a phone line running to a splitter connecting with my phone system, going into my Motorola VT-2442 Vonage box. I can go to the diagnostics page and see the dial tone but it will not connect to dish. I have tried the *99 like several people have got to work but to no avail. Also my Vonage is set to 90K. Does anyone have any more news about this and getting it to work? Thanks.

Deron
dddane
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fed up w/ this and their lack of response, i canceled dish network and got directv ... that's one solution Smile
oldraja
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Dish Network support Reply with quote Back to top

here is the reply I got from Dish:

"
Thank you for your email. Only some of our DISH Network receivers support Voip telephone services. This issue is being researched and we hope to have a solution for our customers with other model receivers and broadband phone users in the near future.

When using Voip instead of a land line, there are applications that you will not be able to take advantage of such as our interactive TV services, Customer Support Application, and Caller ID. Furthermore, you will not be able to use your remote control to order any Pay-Per-View events or movies. Pay per view can still be ordered online at DISH Network at no cost. You can also call 1-877-347-4778, but please note that a $1 transaction fee will be added to the price of the movie. Another consideration is, without a standard phone line, an additional $5.00 per month access fee will be applied to your account if you have one of our dual tuner receivers (models 322, 522, 625, 622, 722 and 942).

To ensure the receiver is set up for use with Voip, please perform the following:

1. Press the Menu button

• Select System Setup

• Select Installation

• Select Phone Setup

2. Change the Outside Line option to Prefix Code.

3. Add the prefix *99.

4. If Voip requires a filter on the phone line, make sure that is installed as well.

Also, your Voip provider should set the service to the highest bandwidth setting and enable fax/modem enhancement features.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have further questions you can respond to this e-mail or access our online technical support at the following link: DISH Network Customer Tech Portal

A Technical Service Representative is available via live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days per week regarding your concerns. Please click the following link to use this option. Chat Assistance

Thank you
"

so what do you think? Doesn't that stink that they "force" you to have a land line for phone?