Sign up
 Vonage  

       
 
Vonage Forum Menu

Vonage Forums
Vonage VoIP Forum
mikebrown Posted:
Hello, I think
you should consult
it with the Expert
they can surely
help you
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
Hardwiring in a Rental House
On Jun 24, 2017 at 09:15:34

Haniltery Posted:
For wipe call
history also some
of the offline, in
gengral , it
usually apply to
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
How to Delete call history from online account?
On May 09, 2017 at 06:14:26

diana87 Posted:
You have to use
VPN service to
bypass
Geo-restrictions
and get free
access while
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Recent calling problem from Egypt
On May 02, 2017 at 17:28:06

dconnor Posted:
What is the main
number on the
account? And
which one is the
virtual number?
...

In The Forum:
Vonage UK
Topic:
How do you call 999
On Apr 27, 2017 at 18:52:02

Trafford Posted:
Seems like a
simple
question. We
rely exclusively
on a Vonage system
for our
...

In The Forum:
Vonage UK
Topic:
How do you call 999
On Apr 27, 2017 at 10:42:50

diazou Posted:
Hello, It's
compatible with
Android your phone
software
? Thanks!
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Mar 28, 2017 at 12:42:33

jeddaisg Posted:
Hi all We have
a Vonage VOIP
system for our
office. Lately,
our call quality
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Ethernet Cable; Wiring schematic? 568-B?
On Feb 23, 2017 at 18:33:52

beast321 Posted:
I don't know if
you heard, that
many more
Dreamcast games
are opened up
recently.
...

In The Forum:
Fax - Tivo - Alarms
Topic:
Using phone as a dial up modem for Dreamcast Gaming
On Feb 16, 2017 at 03:16:51

Av8rix Posted:
Sorry to start a
new thread on an
old topic but when
I google “Vonage
MAC address
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
New adapter and router -- MAC change
On Jan 11, 2017 at 01:07:21

tplink Posted:
Im trying to add
my HT802 vonage
adapter to my home
network. I
currently have
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
Vonage behind switch
On Dec 05, 2016 at 12:35:11


Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Expands International Presence with Investments in Asia Pacific Region

Vonage to Present at the Oppenheimer 20th Annual Technology, Internet & Communications Conference

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months



Review: My First Day With Vonage, Excellent!
Review: My First Day With Vonage, Excellent!



Great Price, No Complaints
Great Price, No Complaints



You need some common sense.
You need some common sense.



Vonage Customer Review: One month with Vonage, and...
Vonage Customer Review: One month with Vonage, and...




Vonage Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Fax - Tivo - Alarms
Author Message
bdee1
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member


Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: tivo and direcTV Reply with quote Back to top

i have been wanting to get Vonage for a long time now but i have 3 directv receivers in my house (one of which is a direcTivo) and a standalone series 1 tivo (SVR-2000). In the past i have heard that many users have had problems getting their tivos to dial out over Vonage but recently i see a few posts about the svr-2000 and that it is working now.

however i have a couple more questions:
directv says that each receiver has to be connected to a phone line. is that just for when i order PPV movies (which i did once in 6 years) or do i actually have to keep each receiver connected for some important reason?

also - i just want to make sure i know how to set it all up - i assume that my broadband connection comes into my house and into my cable modem, and ethernet out to my router. then from my router to the Vonage modem and Vonage modem to my phone system right? can i just connect the line feeding all my phones in the house into the Vonage modem or is there more to it than that?

i definitely want to make sure that all phones in my house use Vonage.

any tips would be greatly appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message
bdee1
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member


Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

one more thing - how does the caller ID work? if i have phones with the caller ID displays on them, will it still work properly with Vonage?
View user's profile Send private message
scerruti
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>


Joined: Feb 05, 2005
Posts: 1424
Location: Carlsbad, CA (finally)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: tivo and direcTV Reply with quote Back to top

bdee1 wrote:

directv says that each receiver has to be connected to a phone line. is that just for when i order PPV movies (which i did once in 6 years) or do i actually have to keep each receiver connected for some important reason?

Sports subscriptions. They determine which games you are eligible to watch based on your location as determined by your phone number.

bdee1 wrote:
also - i just want to make sure i know how to set it all up - i assume that my broadband connection comes into my house and into my cable modem, and ethernet out to my router. then from my router to the Vonage modem and Vonage modem to my phone system right?


Most of the newer Vonage devices are routers so you can optionally replace your Router with the Vonage one. If you want to make use of QOS your Vonage router should be placed between your cable modem and the rest of your equipment.

bdee1 wrote:

can i just connect the line feeding all my phones in the house into the Vonage modem or is there more to it than that?

i definitely want to make sure that all phones in my house use Vonage.


There is a little more. I suggest you review the Michigan Telephone Guide for Distributing VoIP

bdee1 wrote:
one more thing - how does the caller ID work? if i have phones with the caller ID displays on them, will it still work properly with Vonage?


Yes

_________________
Stephen P. Cerruti (ISP: TWC)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bdee1
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member


Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok so i took a look at the michigan link and then went to check out my phone line setup outside the house and it looks nothing like anything mentioned there.

i took some pics which i am in the process of uploading and will post in a minute but basically the line comes from the pole to a small gray box and inside that box the wires are screwed into terminals and connected to more wires which go into the house.

when you go inside the house it looks like about 3 wires with white insulation come into the house and go into another wall mounted box. inside that box the colored wires from inside the 3 white wires are screwed down onto several terminals. a standard phone patch cord comes out of this box and into an rj15 end which plugs into a circular device next to this box. and it appears that feeds the phones.

i will post the pics in a few minutes and hopefully this will make a little more sense.
View user's profile Send private message
bdee1
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member


Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

here are the pics:
box outside the house (closed):
http://www.deewebservices.com/miscpics/boxOutside_closed.jpg

box outside the house (open):
http://www.deewebservices.com/miscpics/boxOutside_open.jpg

box(es) inside the house:
http://www.deewebservices.com/miscpics/boxinside.jpg

if anyone could please tell me whats going on with my setup and how i could modify it to work with Vonage i would really appreciate it.
oh and if it helps i can post the hi-res photos (5MP).
View user's profile Send private message
dconnor
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: Mar 05, 2003
Posts: 2264
Location: The Beach

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bdee1 wrote:
here are the pics:
box outside the house (closed):
http://www.deewebservices.com/miscpics/boxOutside_closed.jpg

box outside the house (open):
http://www.deewebservices.com/miscpics/boxOutside_open.jpg

box(es) inside the house:
http://www.deewebservices.com/miscpics/boxinside.jpg

if anyone could please tell me whats going on with my setup and how i could modify it to work with Vonage i would really appreciate it.
oh and if it helps i can post the hi-res photos (5MP).


You should use the forum posting tools and actually post the pics, rather than link to them.

Smile

_________________
Have Questions? Need to speak to Vonage before signing up?
Call: 1-888-692-8074
Both Business and Residential customers can call and speak to a Vonage Sales Rep 24 hours a day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bdee1
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member


Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

box outside the house (closed):


box outside the house (opened):


boxes inside the house:


upon further investigation it appears as though the wires in the outside box are a "quad" setup and perhaps the outside box is just for surge supression?

and 3 or 4 inside the wires just run to a box which connects them all onto a patch cable.

so would i just be able to unplug the rj15 jack from the circular device inside and plug my Vonage adapter into that?
View user's profile Send private message
scerruti
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>


Joined: Feb 05, 2005
Posts: 1424
Location: Carlsbad, CA (finally)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unplug the rectangular box from the circular jack and then plug the Vonage adapter into any wall outlet.

Hang a tag on the unplugged cable warning of the dire consequences of plugging it back in and put some tape over the jack in the round thing.

Good to go! (As they say at Taco Bell)

_________________
Stephen P. Cerruti (ISP: TWC)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ZipZilla
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member


Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Posts: 67

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

scerruti wrote:
Unplug the rectangular box from the circular jack and then plug the Vonage adapter into any wall outlet.

Hang a tag on the unplugged cable warning of the dire consequences of plugging it back in and put some tape over the jack in the round thing.

Good to go! (As they say at Taco Bell)


Right on!

He doesn't have to even mess with that ancient wiring block outside.
View user's profile Send private message
rlstjohn
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master


Joined: Jan 27, 2005
Posts: 218
Location: Maryland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
have been wanting to get Vonage for a long time now but i have 3 directv receivers in my house (one of which is a direcTivo) and a standalone series 1 tivo (SVR-2000). In the past i have heard that many users have had problems getting their tivos to dial out over Vonage but recently i see a few posts about the svr-2000 and that it is working now.

however i have a couple more questions:
directv says that each receiver has to be connected to a phone line. is that just for when i order PPV movies (which i did once in 6 years) or do i actually have to keep each receiver connected for some important reason?

also - i just want to make sure i know how to set it all up - i assume that my broadband connection comes into my house and into my cable modem, and ethernet out to my router. then from my router to the Vonage modem and Vonage modem to my phone system right? can i just connect the line feeding all my phones in the house into the Vonage modem or is there more to it than that?

i definitely want to make sure that all phones in my house use Vonage.

any tips would be greatly appreciated.


I have two DTV Tivos and I recommend that you look into using a null serial cable instead of playing with all those funky codes. It it easy to setup and you can get the cable from 9thtee.com
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Vonage Service Plans


Vonage VoIP Members
Members List Members
New patsykf3
New Today 0
Yesterday 0
Total 101029

Who Is On Site
Visitors 1
Members 0
Total 1


Vonage VoIP Forum Members:
Login Here
Not a Member? You can Register Here
As a registered member you will have access to the VoIP Speed Test, Vonage Service Announcements and post comments in the
Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage Stock Price
Value:
Change:   
Up to 15 Minute Delay

Site Search
 






†AK and HI residents pay $29.95 shipping. ††Limited time offer. Valid for residents of the United States (&DC), 18 years or older, who open new accounts. Offer good while supplies last and only on new account activations. One kit per account/household. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, promotions or plans and is not applicable to past purchases. Good while supplies last. Allow up to 2 weeks for shipping. Other restrictions may apply.

1Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.

2Shipping and activation fees waived with 1-year agreement. An Early Termination Fee (with periodic pro-rated reductions) applies if service is terminated before the end of the first 12 months. Additional restrictions may apply. See Terms of Service for details.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET REQUIRED. †VALID FOR NEW LINES ONLY. RATES EXCLUDE INTERNET SERVICE, SURCHARGES, FEES AND TAXES. DEVICE MAY BE REFURBISHED. If you subscribe to plans with monthly minutes allotments, all call minutes placed from both from your home and registered ExtensionsTM phones will count toward your monthly minutes allotment. ExtensionsTM calls made from mobiles use airtime and may incur surcharges, depending on your mobile plan. Alarms, TTY and other systems may not be compatible. Vonage 911 service operates differently than traditional 911. See www.vonage.com/911 for details.

** Certain call types excluded.

www.vonage-forum.com is not an official Vonage support website & is independently operated.
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All comments are property of their posters.
All other www.vonage-forum.com content is © Copyright 2002 - 2013 by 4Sight Media LLC.

Thinking of signing up for Vonage but have questions?
Business and Residential customers can call Toll Free 24 hours a day at: 1-888-692-8074
No Vonage Promotion Code or Coupon Codes are required at www.vonage.com to receive any special,
best Vonage cheap deals, free sign up offers or discounts.

[ | | | | | ]

Vonage Forum Site Maps

Vonage | VoIP Forum | How VoIP Works | Wiring and Installation Page Two | International Rate Plans 2 | Internet Phone
Promotion | Vonage Review | VoIP | Broadband Phone | Free Month | Rebate | Vonnage | Vontage | VoIP | Phone Service
Phone | llamadas ilimitadas a Mexico | Latest News | VoIP Acronyms | Deal | Philippines Globe Phone | Site Maps

The Vonage Forum provides the Vonage sign up Best Offer Promotion Deal.
If you are considering signing up for Vonage and have found our Vonage News, Customer Reviews, Forums
& all other parts of this site useful, please use our Vonage Sign up page.


Vonage VoIP Phone Service is redefining communications by offering consumers
& small business VoIP Internet phones, an affordable alternative to traditional phone service.
The Vonage VoIP Forum Generated This Page In: 1.55 Seconds and Pages In The Last 60 Seconds
The Vonage VoIP Forum