How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » LNP – Local Number Portability
ncbm1
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had been waiting for five months for my line port. I filed complaints and went through the whole speil. When I decided to cancel my service is the only time I got any answers from Vonage. It turns out that when I received executive response email, they found out immediatley that my number could not be ported the very next day. Did Russell (the exec rep) call to tell me that? No. He never even updated their logs to contact me back and still hasn't as of July 2nd!
Thanks to Vonage's rep, Kevin for enlightening me on the issues and showing how poor Vonage's service trully is. He was probably the most helpful person I've ever spoken with at Vonage, AND I WAS CANCELING MY SERVICE! The best part was that I was dropped twice by Vonage's service rep's phone in which he had to call me back and apologize. Right there I had to wonder. They built the system, and it doesn't even work for them?
They took my money for five months knowing full well that they could not port my number and strung me along.
And what was my response? "We're trying to make things better."

Kudos to those who actually get thier numbers ported and have flawless service, but for me, the nightmare is finally over.
JasonWebb
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am extremely confused - how can Vonage say they have good Customer Service, MY Number has not ported

today I called and asked for a manager and got a 20 minute hassle till i finally got someone, then am told to wait 24-48 hours while they expedited my problem.

got a voice mail saying there was a problem with the port and would receive an e-mail advising me what i need to do to fix the problem but no e-mail and CS had no record of the e-mail being sent.

ok i told her today 24-48 hours then i will be canceling my account

to the Vonage customer person on this board who said more complainers post than non complainers - well DUHHHHH!!!!!!
You are Paying for a service and the service is not as expected within the time frame expected - well look at all the problems people are having with porting, and nothing but "wait some more" hmmmmm

Remember People who have a positive experience will not relate that experience as readily as someone who has a bad experience
so keep treating us like this and the word will spread.
qwertyui
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Number porting takes 3 parties - and 1 doesn't want to play Reply with quote Back to top

I think *most* of the LNP problems are NOT Vonage's fault.

Vonage can only send the LNP request to the third party intermediary who sends it to the previous Telco.

The previous Telco has *every reason* to hold on to your number as long as possible so they can continue to bill you (and hope you give up and cancel Vonage).

You can argue that the third party intermediary Vonage uses leaves something to be desired; I don’t know.

Here are some experiences:

My parents in law (PA) ported from Verizon to Vonage. Took about 3 weeks, as advertised.

My brother-in-law (MI) ported from Ameritech to Vonage. Took about 5 months. Ameritech handed him a line of BS that he had an ISDN number and it could not be ported. (He had never had ISDN; in fact he had only had one phone line in his house since he moved there.)

He had had this number for about 20 years so he didn’t want to lose it. Vonage CS told him he would have to get Ameritech to change the number from an ISDN associated number to a “normal” one and then it could be ported. Ameritech said “no can do.” Eventually, after multiple complaints, Ameritech eventually ported the number. Of course, he was stuck paying Ameritech for 5 months while this was going on even though he no longer used their service.

BOTTOM LINE:

In LNP problems, the losing Telco is most likely the problem.
whirly
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: If you guys get "ticked" enough ... think of your Reply with quote Back to top

Knock Knock

[ADMIN EDIT] Please read the Forum Rules, Number #16
i011763
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Great Response Time Reply with quote Back to top

I was somewhat concerned that my transfer would take a long time after reading this forum. I had a very fast transfer. I send my LOa on SUnday June 16 and got my notice on June 28 that hthe change would be effective on June 29. Sure enough the switch took place. Tranfer was from Comcast digital phone.
Velocity2k
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Runaround with LNP transfer Reply with quote Back to top

I received notification that my LNP transfer would be complete on June 1. As expected, my phone number began ringing on the Vonage line. Oddly, I was still able to make outgoing calls on my old SBC line. I didn't really question this too much until SBC sent me a bill for a full month of service on June 14. I e-mailed and called SBC about this on June 15 and was told my service was still with them and that if I were to disconnect the line, I would lose the phone number. My next call was to Vonage, who tried to convince me that SBC is "trying to rip me off." An "Incomplete port" report was filed, and I was supposed to receive an e-mail within 48 hours. That e-mail never came, so I called and told the girl at Vonage that it has been 52 hours with no e-mail. She said to wait until midnight. I questioned if people at Vonage send e-mails between 5:30pm and midnight, and she said "just wait until midnight and call us back if you don't get it." This sounded like an obvious avoidance technique. I waited until June 18 and called again regarding the e-mail I never received. I was told again that I would get an e-mail in 48 hours. Guess what, it never came! I also sent Vonage an e-mail that was never replied to.

I received a reply from SBC on June 19 that explained Vonage submitted the request to the wrong office and that Vonage needs to follow instructions given to them in a "Jeopardy Request" which were basically to submit the request to the correct office. I called Vonage up and told them this on June 19. I was again told I would receive an e-mail within 48 hours. I never got anything and called again on June 21. This time, I was stuck talking to some Indian guy that I could barely understand. He would not listen to anything I said and kept saying SBC is just trying to rip me off. He continued with "they have to do what you say" so I asked him if he has to let me speak with his supervisor if I say I want one. He said he was the supervisor and that I could not speak with anyone but him. By this time, I got pretty upset and demanded to speak with ANYONE but him and threw in that his English **** so bad that I don't understand what he's saying. He finally threw me on hold and got an English-speaking person on the phone after about 20 minutes. This person was nothing short of an asshole and tried to say the same stuff. I finally got him to research the entire case, and he found that someone had done something on June 21. He could not tell me much and said to expect an e-mail in 48 hours.

As expected, I heard NOTHING back from Vonage. I called them and was finally given the tracking number of the LNP with SBC. I called SBC with this number and finally got the true story. Vonage submitted the request to SBC, and the request was denied. (SBC already told me this). Rather than follow the instructions, Vonage went forward with it and "stole" the phone number from SBC by putting it in their switching equipment. This is a direct violation of law since SBC told Vonage they could not have the phone number. This left SBC to believe the request was cancelled and that my service was with them. SBC had no idea that my phone number was ringing to another service. By now, I'm pretty pissed off.

I call Vonage up and ask for the supervisor first thing. I explain to this guy what happened and that Vonage is responsible for the full month of service. This guy (Ron) tried to tell me that he has the "final" say on everything and that his supervisors don't take customer phone calls. He said he could only give me a $10 satisfaction credit. $10 to me was unacceptable since Vonage's own screwup was causing me a bill for $45. He said they have policies and this and that and was unwilling to contact the appropriate parties to make exceptions to the policies (as any decent customer service rep does). I got nowhere with him other than getting the name and number of the director of the legal department (since Vonage broke the law and took a phone number from a carrier without the carrier's permission). I also had to educate "Ron" in customer service skills, which include not interrupting the customer when the customer is speaking.

All in all, the actual quality of the service is okay. I have problems getting a dialtone sometimes. The customer service of the company is among the worst I've ever dealt with. They never contacted me once regarding my ordeal. I had to initiate everything, including a call to explain the process that needs to be followed to correctly process my LNP. SBC finally cut my line off on June 23. I still have no heard anything back from Vonage and even had to call AGAIN to have someone put the $10 credit I was offered, since "Ron" didn't do it. I'm in the process of re-shopping for a new provider. Anyone have a suggestion?
rodcat1
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Local Number Portability frustration Reply with quote Back to top

We have been wrestling with this problem for over two months... we first requested the number transfer when we got Vonage service. Completed the LOA, etc. We got a notice that we needed to cancel our DSL service first. So our original transfer request was cancelled by Vonage. We cancelled the DSL, got cable internet, and began the transfer process anew. Since that time, Vonage has (for some unknown reason) cancelled the request 3 additional times. We did finally talk to a CS guy (a supervisor named Phil) who agreed to work out this mess, and refund a couple of months of service charges. Then I got an email 3 days ago from Vonage saying that Verizon wouldn't release the number until I cancelled an alleged request to transfer the number to some other company in addition to Vonage - a request we never made. I just got off the phone with Verizon, and they say they have no record of any request to transfer the number - not even to Vonage, let alone to someone else. And a few minutes ago, while I was on the phone with Vonage CS, I opened my email, and there was a fresh email from Vonage telling me they couldn't port the number because the service address on file with Verizon doesn't match the one in my Vonage account. The guy I was on the phone with could not even find a record of that email being sent -- and it arrived while I was on the phone with him!....! And I checked the address on my Verizon bill with the address on my Vonage account - they match exactly!
This number porting is the most frustrating thing I have ever experienced with any company anywhere!!! Vonage blames Verizon, and Verizon blames Vonage, saying they have no record of any porting request. And there is no end in sight. I want every penny I have ever spent with Vonage back, and wish I had never heard of them! I haven't saved a dime yet, because I am still paying two phone bills so I don't lose my number!
Somebody needs to fix this!!! Evil or Very Mad
dcsteeler
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: WHY IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SO BAD WITH THIS COMPANY Reply with quote Back to top

I'm actually on day 9 of my nightmare.

I was told by my LEC that they ported my number to Vonage/Pay Tech on the 23rd of June but Vonage keeps saying that my LEC didn't release the number.

I've talked to the supervisor in the LNP department who gave me the confirmation number along with the PON number they need to complete my order.

I've called countless times to be told my problem will be escalated to another department and I'll be contacted in 48hours. The first 2 times I've not been contacted. I just called this morning so I have until Friday on this attempt.

I will keep you posted.

Btw, I work in Telecom. The whole porting process should be just as easy as porting a cell phone line. The most important thing is making sure the LOA has the exact information as your existing carrier's bill.

I've never seen a company with such horrible customer service. The job is of a customer service agent/representitive is to be empathetic to the customer's plight. This has not happened in my dealings thus far with Vonage. I keep getting this pass the buck attitude. It's your carriers fault. The funny thing is that when I was with my carrier, I never experienced these type of issue and the customer service was flawless.

I really have to reconsider. In my attempt to save money, I may have sold my soul to the devil.

These people are downright criminal in their actions.
Velocity2k
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Is EVERYONE at Vonage a SUPERVISOR? Reply with quote Back to top

Every dealing I've had with customer service at Vonage has involved me doing a test and asking for "a supervisor." For some reason, the answers I always get is "I am a supervisor." None of these supervisors have a boss either! One of them told me that his manager does not take customer calls. All the "manager" does is handle paychecks. I've worked in call centers before and have always had a supervisor or manager to transfer an upset customer to. Where is the logic here?!?!
illmatic
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: After waiting and waiting, I finally did some research Reply with quote Back to top

So it seems that like with any telephone company the blame game is part of the job requirement. Well, I am a current Vonage customer, and at one time was a Verizon customer. After reading through the forum and the posts on LNP issues i figured id share some of my experience with the number port process.
First, it took about 5-6 months to port my number from Verizon to Vonage. as any normal customer I was pretty ticked as the time went by. the first 3 or 4 months i would call pretty much weekly to Vonage and Verizon about the issue, getting the same response from bot companies..blah blah blah. On a side note, after my first month of free service with Vonage, since my number transfer was delayed, they did offer me a 10.00 credit on my account every month, where as Verizon wouldnt even mention the word credit to me.
Alas, finally one night I decided to do some of my own research as to see why the porting process is taking so long. Ive learned a great deal about who actually owns my number and for the first time saw the big picture. When the Vonage customer service reps would always tell me the "LOA" has been sent to the carrier, I always assumed that it was Verizon, technically after research i still am a little confused at who owns my number, but from what I get out of it there are LEC(local exchange carriers), and CLEC(competitve local exchange carriers), and to my understanding its these carriers that lease out the lines to regular PSTN companies like Verizon who then assign us our line. so after reading up, on LECs, CLECs, rate centers the whole shabang i finally saw the big picture.
I called Vonage the next morning, this was about the 4th month of waiting, call hold time wasnt to much better, but after getting through india and finally getting an American..I must say the customer service if you get an American has gotten better. I forgot the agents name, but I asked him a simple question..where is my phone number? and within seconds he directed me to the following website...http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/wnp/en/Action/PECLanding, i was a little confused as it being a nextel site, but if u put in your zip and your phone number, click the checkbox next to your number after u click check eligibility, then click continue..BAM, it tells you what provider your number is assigned to..and mine still said Verizon. So, i decided to ask him, how do they still own it..cust. rep told me he has only the information availble to him on his screen and said that the transfer was sent to the "carrier", the light bulb went off in my head, i asked who my carrier was and he told me Focal. Apparently they arent aloud to give the carriers name out to the customer unless they ask, but aside from that and the customer service rep must have spent about 15-20 minutes for me on trying to find a direct number for this "Focal" carrier but was unsuccessful. He did clear up that when the LOA is sent out, its sent to the carrier, who then send it to your old provider, my case Verizon, who then they send some sort of ackowledgement back to the carrier, who then sends it to Vonage.
So if Vonage is telling me they sent it to the carrier, and Verizon is telling me the number is there just waiting for Vonage to take it..my opinion, its niether Vonage or Verizons fault but these LEC's and CLEC's. Then to clear things up more I asked if the carrier "Focal" was Vonage's third party LNP partner that does the transferring, to my suprise its not. The carrier owns the numbers which focal leased to Verizon, and Verizon by law has to port that number out if requested by the customer.
So who is this third party I keep reading about..When you first fill out the letter of Authorization, then gave me some 866 number i dont know off hand and a LOA ID, but informed me that it is a 3rd party verification service that just helps the customer fill out the LOA properly, over the phone with the customer, and then they forward it to the carrier, Focal, and after that play no part in the transfer process. So this 3rd party is actually a good thing because they will help you fill it out providing the proper information that the customer supplies them with.
In conclusion, I then called Verizon and asked why is my number showing up as being on your company still..still fed me the same old line, oh we forwarded it to the carrier, waiting for Vonage to take it..bull, after about 10-15 minutes of disagreeing I finally decided to ask him what the hell do i have to do to get this Focal son of a **** to pass along the number..puts me on hold, comes back with..well ill forward along the PON to the carrier, which i have no idea what that is, and advised me to contact Vonage again if the number isnt transferred by the end of the day. Called Vonage, and they finally recieved word from the carrier that my number would be transferred successfully on some certain date, i forget..but i do remember on that date the number was ported successfully.
After spending 5 months with 2 bills
1 - Vonage gave me credit for the delay every month
2 - why couldnt verizon forward the PON the first time i called, and to no suprise there reps. didnt offer me a dime.

you guys decide, but I am completely satisfied with my Vonage service so far, and just wanted to show my viewpoint on the number porting process.