Sign up
 Vonage  

       
 
Vonage Forum Menu

Vonage Forums
Vonage VoIP Forum
Bruafekkay Posted:
agreed dingy
anybody, obviously
if the quarters is
not provided with
the requisite
...

In The Forum:
Vonage V-Phone & SoftPhone
Topic:
granit stelen beefy
On Dec 08, 2016 at 19:41:55

Bruafekkay Posted:
agreed drab
individual, large
if the hamlet is
not provided with
the requisite
...

In The Forum:
Vonage V-Phone & SoftPhone
Topic:
mauersteine 50x50 unsparing
On Dec 07, 2016 at 20:07:45

tplink Posted:
Im trying to add
my HT802 vonage
adapter to my home
network. I
currently have
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
Vonage behind switch
On Dec 05, 2016 at 06:35:11

DWSupport Posted:
After recent
Vonage update that
took place on the
4th and 5th of
Nov. E-mails with
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Voicemail Not Forwarding to Outlook Accounts
On Nov 10, 2016 at 12:23:26

peterlee Posted:
Had a call from a
Hospital in Ajax,
Ontario to my home
in
Scarborough, Onta
rio
...

In The Forum:
Vonage Canada
Topic:
Hospital Incoming call unable to connect
On Nov 08, 2016 at 11:59:50

TELLDOUG Posted:
I am looking for a
product that will
make my phone ring
louder so I can
hear using
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Looking for a ringer ameliorate
On Oct 26, 2016 at 09:21:30

HildBeft Posted:
You can recollect
password by
connecting the
router to your pc
and open the
browser
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45


Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal



Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review



Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006



Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review



Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months




Vonage Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
Author Message
baldyguy
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate


Joined: Apr 24, 2005
Posts: 14
Location: Las Vegas, NV

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Vonage has alot of static and isn' very clear to other calle Reply with quote Back to top

I recently moved to another state, and switch ISP providers. I currently have Cox Communications who is my cable ISP.

My Set here at home is one computer, one laptop, 1 xbox (turned off most of the time), and my Panasonic 2.4 ghz phone connected to the Vonage adapter.

I currently set my settings to the highest quality and whenever I talk to a friend over the Vonage phone, they keep complaining how I go in and out and that I sound very "static-ee".

I do have my computer and my laptop turned on, sometimes I'm downloading stuff, but when I take a phone call or make one, I always turn off the downloads.

I did everything I know off that can fix the problem, can anyone suggest anything else? It's almost annoying that everyone that I talk to can't really hear me very clearly. Any help is appreicated. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message
paul248
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Nov 25, 2004
Posts: 644
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Post your detailed results from a call to Boston on www.testyourvoip.com . Also, what's the brand/model of your cable modem? Which Vonage device do you have? Is the Vonage device directly connected to the cable modem?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
baldyguy
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate


Joined: Apr 24, 2005
Posts: 14
Location: Las Vegas, NV

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1) Test Call to Boston: 3.3
2) Motorola Surfboard SB5120
3) Vonage Device is PAP2
4) The Vonage Device is plugged directly into my Linksys SRX, Model WRT54GX wireless router.




paul248 wrote:
Post your detailed results from a call to Boston on www.testyourvoip.com . Also, what's the brand/model of your cable modem? Which Vonage device do you have? Is the Vonage device directly connected to the cable modem?
View user's profile Send private message
paul248
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Nov 25, 2004
Posts: 644
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 3.3 isn't looking very good, but that's not the detailed results. The detailed results should have several lines of stuff, for both the outgoing and incoming directions.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
baldyguy
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate


Joined: Apr 24, 2005
Posts: 14
Location: Las Vegas, NV

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It showed higher this time around.. is there any way to keep it consistent at a good high quality sound?



paul248 wrote:
The 3.3 isn't looking very good, but that's not the detailed results. The detailed results should have several lines of stuff, for both the outgoing and incoming directions.
View user's profile Send private message
paul248
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Nov 25, 2004
Posts: 644
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, those results look nearly perfect at the moment.

Try running the test at various times during the day. It might be that your cable node has a lot of people on it, and it bogs down when everybody's using the Internet at once. If that does turn out the be the case, then it'd be a matter between you and your ISP.

Speaking of your ISP, call sometime and have them check to make sure that your cable modem is getting a strong signal. There's a chance you could have poor wiring, or too many splitters before the modem.

Also, do you have a corded phone you could test with? It may be that your 2.4GHz cordless phone is fighting with the 2.4GHz wireless network, causing local voice dropouts.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
baldyguy
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate


Joined: Apr 24, 2005
Posts: 14
Location: Las Vegas, NV

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm interesting. Maybe is because I'm in an apartment at the moment. I shall see if it improves when I moved into my new house in two weeks. Perhaps all the people here are watching Cable TV and it may bog the cable modem down? What do you think?

Let's say if there are not alot of people watching Cable or on the internet will it improve the sound?

Any other suggestions? I really appreciate your help!

paul248 wrote:
Hm, those results look nearly perfect at the moment.

Try running the test at various times during the day. It might be that your cable node has a lot of people on it, and it bogs down when everybody's using the Internet at once. If that does turn out the be the case, then it'd be a matter between you and your ISP.

Speaking of your ISP, call sometime and have them check to make sure that your cable modem is getting a strong signal. There's a chance you could have poor wiring, or too many splitters before the modem.

Also, do you have a corded phone you could test with? It may be that your 2.4GHz cordless phone is fighting with the 2.4GHz wireless network, causing local voice dropouts.
View user's profile Send private message
paul248
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Nov 25, 2004
Posts: 644
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watching cable TV doesn't have any effect on the Internet performance, because all the channels are there whether people are watching them or not.

The biggest factor is uploads, because upload bandwidth is the most limited resource. If too many other people are uploading stuff, your outgoing voice packets might get delayed or dropped. That could explain why other people are having trouble hearing you, and not the other way around.

Then again, you should still have the cable co check your signal incoming power, signal-to-noise ratio, and transmit power, to make sure they're within the acceptable range.

You might also try temporarily disabling the wireless stuff on your router, to see if it might be interfering with the phone.

There's also a possibility that one of your neighbors is leeching off your wireless Internet. Dig through the router settings, and see if you can enable QoS for the port that the PAP2 is connected to. That will give the voice packets a higher priority on your own local network.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
baldyguy
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate


Joined: Apr 24, 2005
Posts: 14
Location: Las Vegas, NV

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, thanks, how do I read the results? All this jargon doesn't make sense to me Embarassed

paul248 wrote:
Watching cable TV doesn't have any effect on the Internet performance, because all the channels are there whether people are watching them or not.

The biggest factor is uploads, because upload bandwidth is the most limited resource. If too many other people are uploading stuff, your outgoing voice packets might get delayed or dropped. That could explain why other people are having trouble hearing you, and not the other way around.

Then again, you should still have the cable co check your signal incoming power, signal-to-noise ratio, and transmit power, to make sure they're within the acceptable range.

You might also try temporarily disabling the wireless stuff on your router, to see if it might be interfering with the phone.

There's also a possibility that one of your neighbors is leeching off your wireless Internet. Dig through the router settings, and see if you can enable QoS for the port that the PAP2 is connected to. That will give the voice packets a higher priority on your own local network.
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Vonage Service Plans


Vonage VoIP Members
Members List Members
New Ravin
New Today 1
Yesterday 9
Total 99045

Who Is On Site
Visitors 102
Members 1
Total 103


Vonage VoIP Forum Members:
Login Here
Not a Member? You can Register Here
As a registered member you will have access to the VoIP Speed Test, Vonage Service Announcements and post comments in the
Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage Stock Price
Value: 6.99
Change:   N/A
Up to 15 Minute Delay

Site Search
 






†AK and HI residents pay $29.95 shipping. ††Limited time offer. Valid for residents of the United States (&DC), 18 years or older, who open new accounts. Offer good while supplies last and only on new account activations. One kit per account/household. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, promotions or plans and is not applicable to past purchases. Good while supplies last. Allow up to 2 weeks for shipping. Other restrictions may apply.

1Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.

2Shipping and activation fees waived with 1-year agreement. An Early Termination Fee (with periodic pro-rated reductions) applies if service is terminated before the end of the first 12 months. Additional restrictions may apply. See Terms of Service for details.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET REQUIRED. †VALID FOR NEW LINES ONLY. RATES EXCLUDE INTERNET SERVICE, SURCHARGES, FEES AND TAXES. DEVICE MAY BE REFURBISHED. If you subscribe to plans with monthly minutes allotments, all call minutes placed from both from your home and registered ExtensionsTM phones will count toward your monthly minutes allotment. ExtensionsTM calls made from mobiles use airtime and may incur surcharges, depending on your mobile plan. Alarms, TTY and other systems may not be compatible. Vonage 911 service operates differently than traditional 911. See www.vonage.com/911 for details.

** Certain call types excluded.

www.vonage-forum.com is not an official Vonage support website & is independently operated.
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All comments are property of their posters.
All other www.vonage-forum.com content is © Copyright 2002 - 2013 by 4Sight Media LLC.

Thinking of signing up for Vonage but have questions?
Business and Residential customers can call Toll Free 24 hours a day at: 1-888-692-8074
No Vonage Promotion Code or Coupon Codes are required at www.vonage.com to receive any special,
best Vonage cheap deals, free sign up offers or discounts.

[ | | | | | ]

Vonage Forum Site Maps

Vonage | VoIP Forum | How VoIP Works | Wiring and Installation Page Two | International Rate Plans 2 | Internet Phone
Promotion | Vonage Review | VoIP | Broadband Phone | Free Month | Rebate | Vonnage | Vontage | VoIP | Phone Service
Phone | llamadas ilimitadas a Mexico | Latest News | VoIP Acronyms | Deal | Philippines Globe Phone | Site Maps

The Vonage Forum provides the Vonage sign up Best Offer Promotion Deal.
If you are considering signing up for Vonage and have found our Vonage News, Customer Reviews, Forums
& all other parts of this site useful, please use our Vonage Sign up page.


Vonage VoIP Phone Service is redefining communications by offering consumers
& small business VoIP Internet phones, an affordable alternative to traditional phone service.
The Vonage VoIP Forum Generated This Page In: 1.60 Seconds and 584 Pages In The Last 60 Seconds
The Vonage VoIP Forum