How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » LNP – Local Number Portability
vonage-user
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Long wait for LNP transfer - your experiences please Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I've been waiting for my number transfer for almost two months. I'm starting to worry that it will never happen for some reason. I've emailed back and forth with Vonage several times but have not been able to find out why the delay is happening or when it may get done. So I've been unable to make use of the Vonage service so far.

Has anyone else had a long wait to get the number transferred and then it finally happened? If so, how long did it take?

Thanks
BINNER
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think 95% of the posts here have your answer....

BINNER Lol
vonage-user
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree - found a thread with all the info I need Rolling Eyes
I would delete my original post but it seems that I can't...
theslag
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My number was out of Verizon in PA...

10 days from LOA to DOA on Verizons end. Could not be any happier with Vonage. Even if the port took 2 months, Im still saving a bundle on phone service.
hbrenner
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, long story short....
Transfer request sent to carrier 1/10/05
Transfer complete 4/20/05

I was credited my service amount each month that transfer didn't take. Now I am appy I stayed with Vonage as opposed to quiting.

BTW LNP was from Bell South and XO was the 3rd party agent.
rickp3131
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been waiting since March 16th to switch phone service from MCI. The frustrating part is MCI has no record of the transfer. After finding this out Vonage said this is probably true because they are using Choice One as the middle man in the transaction to get this done. I called Choice One and they said they don't have any record of the transfer request either. I called Vonage with this information and they said that is a standard answer because Choice One deals only with phone companies. My transfer has been escalated twice but I still haven't heard anything.

Rick
jsmwarrison
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOA submitted on Jan 11th.

6 emails to Vonage, 4 "work orders" and 4 we'll "upgrade your LNP request to urgent"

1 call to Vonage, 25 minutes on hold and a very nice CSR that couldn't help me

1 PM from a nice Vonage rep from this site

1 complaint to the FCC http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/cib/fcc475.cfm

4 months of Comcast and Qwest bills

4 months credit from Vonage

10 friends I have persuaded to stay with Qwest until Vonage sorts out the LNP process

1 angy wife

. . . . . the wait continues
u81b42
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: 2 months Reply with quote Back to top

Mine took about 2 months. I helped it along though with numerous complaint calls to Vonage mgmt. If I hadn't, I don't think it would have gotten done that fast.
jmpage2
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My transfer took 48 business days. I switched to Vonage on Feb 26th and the LNP was finally completed 5 days ago.

I had to call Vonage constantly for status, they repeatedly said that the ticket was being "escalated" and I would get confirmation emails from them, but never get any followup information of any kind.

I told them I was filing an FCC complaint if the problem was not resolved by the end of April. Interestingly enough that's right around the time when they finally got the number ported.

FCC might not have any regulatory power over Vonage but I think Vonage realizes that if enough consumers complain to the FCC then congress will put all Voip phone providers under FCC control.

I recieved two months of credit from Vonage while I was using their service but still paying for Qwest.
Sigh
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: My experience Reply with quote Back to top

I saw a Vonage commercial and called. My main question was about keeping my landline phone number. The first person i spoke to had very poor English and I was embarrassed when I had to tell her that I could not understand her and asked for someone else. She hung up on me. From that point on whenever I called for the various problems outlined below and I got a person with very poor English I just hung up and called back, which luckily happened only twice more. But after navigating a touch tone menu that would either get some technical bug, tell me to call back later and hang up or simply leave me on hold for over 15 minutes, it was still frustrating.

The person who had eventually sold me the service promised that the number transfer would be "seamless" and quick. It was only after I received my equipment and I called to ask what the next step was that they told me about the number transfer LOA and the "up to 20 day" waiting period. I was a little disappointed with the sales person for not disclosing this but I initiated the process anyway. I faxed the documents and waited for about a week and after not seeing a status change on the website I called and was told they did not receive anything. I was given an "expedite" fax number which I faxed to immediately. I received an email later that day that said they did not receive my phone bill. I thought that was odd because they received the LOA which was sent right before that. The person also asked me to include my Earthlink account number to speed up the process. But I did not nor had I ever had any kind of Earthlink service. I emailed back asking her to clarify but she never responded. In light of this, and having three fax numbers I decided to make sure someone in the ether would see my damn phone bill, so I sent three copies to each of the three fax numbers. I received an email the next day from the lnp department that said they now had four copies of my phone bill, but the LOA I had sent a while ago was unreadable and to send it again. They did not include a fax number. So I replied back with the number I would be faxing it too, and also asked what happened to the rest of the faxes since I sent about 9 of them and they only had four. Wink I also still wanted to know how an Earthlink account number got into the conversation. No response. Regardless, lo and behold my LOA status was finally updated on the website about a week after my first fax. I knew they at least received the stuff now so I marked off 20 days and waited.

I had also signed up for 911 dialing and received an email that said it would take several days. After 10 days, I called to inquire about the status, and the rep told me it should take 2 or 3 days. When I told him it had been 10 days, he immediately said it takes a couple of weeks and it should happen any day now. It finally activated 5 additional days later.

I was getting frustrated after this, so i went to the website and filled in a webform. I detailed all of the problems and spent a good amount of time specifying dates and times and when pushing send, got an error message and lost it all. I pretty much gave up at that point and removed my credit card until I figured out what was going on. I sent an email in response to a warning that my card was not able to be charged asking about my LOA status. No response.

I received an email warning of account suspension. I responded to the email with the reason why my card was not working because I could not use the service. It had been well over 20 days and I could not really get an answer. I hoped someone would see my problem and contact me. NOTHING. I tried to call the 800 number and after navigating the menu, I got one of those 3 tone error messages like one would get after dialing a wrong number. It said the call could not be completed and to contact my customer care representative. It is funny to dial customer service and then get an error message that tells me to call customer service before it hangs up. In frustration, I copied my unanswered email and faxed it along with instructions for techs to duplicate the error with the phone system. Guess what, lets all say it together class, "NO RESPONSE!"

This morning I received three emails from Vonage. One was yet another unsuccessful attempt to charge my card. The next subject line said "Vonage Service Cancellation" and the third subject line read "Your of 1-206-xxx-xxxx Cancelled" They were all reference to unpaid service.

I followed up with a call to a rep. He did express concern and amazement at my problem and was rather nice. He tried to find a supervisor but was surprised that every single one went to lunch (it was noon eastern) and it was probably not good that they all went to lunch at the same time. I agree. He took down my information and said he would have someone call me back ASAP. I had my cell phone with me and never received a call. I got back to the house over 6 hours later and made what so far was my last and final call. They could not find my information in the computer by either my phone number or name. For a second they mixed me up with a "Brian" (I am Ryan) who had the same last name on the other side of the USA. I once again explained the problem and was put on hold while she talked to a supervisor. She came back on and asked if I still wanted the service or if I wanted to cancel. The supervisor would only talk to me if I still wanted the service. Wow. I opted to just get as far away from this company as fast as I could. It shouldn't be a problem considering that my landline carrier MCI had not even heard of a number transfer request in the first place. Mind you, this number transfer supposedly went out 43 days ago. To her credit, this last rep I spoke with was a very pleasant person.

The good thing is they said they will refund the original shipping charge of $9.95 plus send me a prepaid label for the router and they will credit the $56.80 balance my unused account had accumulated. Whoopee!

To wrap this up, there were a few problems that should have been addressed better, and the main problem was I was being charged for a service that I got with the promise of having my landline phone number right away. The severe lack of response to contact is disgusting. Between faxing phone bills, LOAs, and a desperate plea for help, someone, somewhere had to see these documents and ignore them. Same goes for emails and phone messages. I realize I am not the only customer but even a little carrot of a response would have kept my interest a bit longer. Hell even if someone had called me earlier today I probably would have stayed. I sure wish I knew about this forum because many of the answers I have sought lie within. Not once did any of the people I talked to mention crediting service for the months of waiting for the number transfer. Since I still had to receive calls from my land line, I was rarely at the website because I had no reason to be anywhere except at the front page checking my LOA status and thus had no idea of the forum. The funniest thing is, I found this forum by doing a google search for "Vonage customer service problems". You know, I sure wanted this, and bad. The money I would save every month would have helped. But at what cost? For now I look at my $45/month landline as a cost of not having ridiculous problems. Yes I cancelled, but I still hope someone that cares will call and tell me this was a huge mistake and it will never happen again. I am not expecting it ... but at least I know a little more before I jump onto the next exciting leap in technology fueled by a company who should be funneling some $$$ toward customer service instead of all the damn TV commercials and ads on city busses.