How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
karrun
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Last shot for Vonage Reply with quote Back to top

I am THIS close to ditching Vonage and going back to SBC, much as I hate to do it. Our service has been dismal almost from day 1. I've talked with support numerous times, nothing improves. Most of the time the party we talk to can't hear us (whether they call us, or we call them) and when they can hear us, its echoy or with random beeps on their end. Its simply unacceptable. I've adjusted my bandwidth with no improvement. I ran the Voip speedtest with acceptable results (Don't have them with me right now so I can't post them). It shouldn't be this hard to get a quality line. I ran the PingPlotter program and spoke with support yesterday. He did see a delay before our cable modem.
Since I was considering purchasing a new modem anyway (we lease our from our ISP) I went ahead and ordered a Motorola Surfboard 5100 which should arrive in a few days. Can anyone give me any hope that this will solve the problem, or is Vonage just trying to shift the blame?
Support yesterday ran a test and said things looked pretty good on the line. Last nght my husband got a call about a job he applied for, they couldn't hear him at all. This is not good! I'm the bad guy because I keep wanting to give Vonage another chance, he says "dump 'em".
The new cable modem will be the last try, after that I'm going back to SBC, much as I hate to do that.

Karen
jockey
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What kind of modem do you have now? Who is your ISP? Can you please post your results from www.testyourvoip.com . It may or may not be Vonage's fault. I think the Tech Support folks at Vonage must repeat "It can't be us" 50 times on the first day of training until it sounds un-rehersed.

After hearing " it is your isp, it is your setup, it's your phone, it is your hair cut" from Vonage tech support I finally switched to another Voip provider and everything works great now. Funny thing is I didn't change anything at my end...huh... maybe it was Vonage Rolling Eyes

ISP:Time Warner/Roadrunner 5000/384
TA: Linksys RT31P2
Modem: SB5100
jockey
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lewiedude2, how many threads are you going to put this post in? Your unhappy, we get it. But how does this help the person that started this post?? I myself have been guilty of ranting but at least I try to add value to the thread.

ISP:Time Warner/Roadrunner 5000/384
TA: Linksys RT31P2
Modem: SB5100
askttt
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Vonage flu has hit me too! I have, though, enjoyed 5 months of FLAWLESS service. Lately, everything seems to have blown up. People (myself included) can't call my home or get a recording from some business. This "auto-mute" has gone from "never" to "rarely" to "half the time" to "use the cell phone". I'm not a techie, so in my mind, I'm attributing this to growing pains. I'm giving them 1 month and back to the evil empire (SBC).

New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We, too, had all sorts problems with Vonage. For the first nine months we had service it was flawless, then it went bad. We had lots of dropped calls. Then we noticed our Internet was dropping. It would only drop for a few seconds, but it was just enough to cause Vonage to drop. I placed a call to my ISP. After a lot of time with talking to customer support they agreed to send out a technician. The technician found out our cable modem was both bad and outdated. He replaced with a new modem (which also was gave us faster Internet service - Wahoo!) and tested our line. He also found our signal strength was minimal which was also causing dropped Internet service. Once all of that was fixed our phone service has been perfect.

Short story: If the Internet (broadband) service is bad, Vonage will be adversly impacted.

FYI - We have a Time Warner cable modem.
karrun
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, things are considerably better now. Too soon to tell if we'll stay with Vonage, but we will give them some more time. I installed a new modem (Motorola SB5100) which had to be initialized by my ISP, which is Mediacom. If Vonage had the quality of technical help that Mediacom has, they wouldn't be getting so much flak. This guy walked me through everything. It was he who told me that I should have my telephone adapter installed before my wireless router, not after. Why couldn't Vonage have told me that when I called numerous times for help? So I don't know if its the new cable modem, or moving the adapter, but things are much better now. I'll give it some more time before making the final decision to stay with Vonage or not, but at least I'm encouraged.
BTW, Vonage's rep who had me email my PingPlotter results never emailed me back, take a lesson from Mediacom!
Pat1
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have my phone adapter installed behind my wireless router. I want to be to know when I have Internet problems it is not due to the phone adapter. Like I said in an earlier post, once I got my new cable modem things have been great.
otaku
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

karrun,

I believe Vonage does suggest, in all of their installation documents, that the phone adapter be before any router you may have (at least with the RT31P2, this is because of its QoS features).

I am glad things are working well now for you. The Motorola cable modems seem to work well with Vonage.

robertplattbell
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Abraham Lincoln said something about "you can't fool all the people all the time".

For Internet services, I think that has been adapted to "you can't please all the people all the time - it is just too damn expensive".

For a TELCO, who has to provide phone service by law, they have to send a tech out there and fix your phone. The tech does reserve the right to be late, sultry, and track mud on your carpets.

But they do eventually "fix" your phone service. For a fee.

I think for Internet Voip, they expect a certain percentage of customers to not work out. Either there is a problem with the cable modem, the cable itself, some equipment incompatibility, or some other issue with the customer (whining about Internet security, for example).

From their cost/benefit strategy, it is better to just let such customers disconnect and go back to Ma Bell, rather than try to spend hundreds of dollars (or thousands) apiece making such customers happy. A typical customer service phone call costs the company $50 to $100 or more (for overhead, costs, labor), even if it is to Sanjay in Bangalore.

And you know as well as I do, that there are always a few customers who are NEVER happy no matter what you do. And we've all BEEN that customer from time to time.

So it is cheaper to just dump those folks. When you have 1500 people per DAY signing up for Voip, you can afford to lose one or two unhappy campers. Even one or two hundred.

And frankly, it is a policy that makes sense. I prefer to shop at a store with a strict returns policy (no recept, no refund!) that has lower prices. Why should I pay extra for folks who are bringing back stuff they've had for a year or more, or worse yet, shoplifted goods.

And I'd rather fly on the airline that says "tough" to whiney passengers rather than throw away free flights and upgrades to try to appease these folks. I don't get a free lunch, so why should I subsidize others?

If Vonage, or any Voip company tried to adopt a 100% connect policy, the montly service fee would easily double or triple. Then what's the point?

So my advice would be, if it works, it works. If not, send it back and go with a copper wire telco.

Chances are, though, if it ain't working, it's your cable, not the Voip.
mbhn5204
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you should read this. Your not the first person to experience this problem and you won't be the last. You'll have to get Vonage to make a slight adjustment to your phone adapter. This nonsense started with the last Firmware/Audio upgrade(?) although Vonage refuses to take responsibility for it. The attached will explain it all and what to do about it:
http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic5345.html