How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » LNP – Local Number Portability
jrstinkfish
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Getting more and more disillusioned about the LNP Reply with quote Back to top

It's been almost three months now with no status change on my LNP. My calls to Vonage have produced nothing more than a shrug and a "I'll add another ticket to your ticket" (actual response I got a few minutes ago). Bellsouth has done their part, and now the ball is in Vonage's court, but you wouldn't know it by the complete lack of information they have about my transfer progress. The girl last week gave me a line about calling "next week, that's when we get our spreadsheet with the information." Why not just tell me, "I have no idea how to help you, so will you please call next week and confound a different rep?"

I'm not sure who Vonage is using as their carrier, but man, are they ticking off a once-enthusiastic customer here. I've read posts referring to an "Executive Response Team" -- any idea how to get my problem escalated to that?
mbhn5204
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, the LNP process is much more complicated than we have been let on to. The transfer of phone numbers is a purchase by one company from the other. Furthermore, the supply of phone numbers is in short supply. Bellsouth may not want to part with it, but since they must by law, they procrastinate as much as they can.

Vonage, caught in the middle of a red tape battle between a reluctant Bellsouth and an anxious and growing angry customer has no alternative except to stall the customer until Bellsouth completes the transaction and at the same time try to placate the customer.

The PSTN has run out of phone numbers. The supply of area codes is likewise depleted. The POTS do not have the multi-billions in funds required to overhaul the 800 billion square miles of wiring, switches, relays, frames, etc. that make up the national PSTN. They are dinosaurs and they know it. They failed to keep up with the times and now they must face their successor, Vonage. Instead of bowing out graciously, they have chosen to go down in panic and hysteria, and in anger, lashing out at all within their reach. Pity.

Just be a little more patient. It will come through.

jrstinkfish
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I would love to demonize Bellsouth, multiple calls to them have convinced me that they have done their part.

If I had to guess, Vonage has not worked out the kinks in the LNP process. I just wish I could get a clear answer from them for once, like "Bellsouth hasn't done their part" or "The company we use has gotten the go-ahead from Bellsouth, but for some reason they haven't followed through" -- something, anything besides the ad-libs the reps are forced to give me (hey, I used to work in support, I know the rap Smile ).

They seem a bit hesitant to hand out credits too. The first time I called, the rep offered me a credit. The past two times, I had to ask for one, and was told to "wait a bit longer" before I asked for a credit.
jrstinkfish
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"I am contacting you in regards to your number transfer. Unfortunately
the carrier has not scheduled the date of your transfer. At this time
we have not been notified of the transfer date. As soon as we receive
this information we will contact you immediately. Thank you.

Sincerely,
LNP Department"

Doesn't Vonage hire the carrier for this transfer service? Maybe I'm not understanding here. Anyway, if Bellsouth has done their part, and Vonage is waiting on the carrier to do their part, isn't it ultimately Vonage's fault for being such a weenie of a customer not the press the issue of "held-up" transfers?
SevenMonthsPlus
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jrstinkfish wrote:
"Doesn't Vonage hire the carrier for this transfer service? Maybe I'm not understanding here. Anyway, if Bellsouth has done their part, and Vonage is waiting on the carrier to do their part, isn't it ultimately Vonage's fault for being such a weenie of a customer not the press the issue of "held-up" transfers?

I am wondering the same thing. If Vonage has hired this mystery carrier to do the transfer, why can't they get the carrier to do the job - or at least provide some information. I have asked for the name of the carrier but have thus far not received any information. I have been very patient over since this ordeal began 7 months and 10 days ago, but my patience is running low. Vonage should be embarrassed at how poorly they have handled my transfer.
suprmanjoe
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

here goes guys ...

i know number transfers are the number 1 reason for cancellations (i should know) they even beat out tech problems ... which means that people who have the service hooked up and working are still calling to cancel because they can't get their number that they've had for 5.10.20 years

the truth is the process is a lot more complicated than i thought and probably than the company lets on about ... some do happen quickly and as a whole, the process has definitly gotten better in the last few months ... the only problem is communication ... process goes customer - Vonage - carrier then back carrier - Vonage - customer ... which means there is a delay ... which is not an excuse or a reason why ... but hopefully an answer

regarding a transfer ... if it is that you have completed your end of the paperwork ... ask for the carrier:

focal - very good as of late ... transfers in less than 20 days in most cases
paetec - good but not great ... usually 20 -30 days
telcove - so so ... i've seen 20 but usually 40 days
xo- not so good
kmc- mom always said if you don't have anything nice to say

ask for an escalation ... there are 3 possible escalations ... the LNP escalation team, the executive response team, and the VIP retention team ... each does basically the same thing ... they ask for daily statuses from the carrier ... myself i work on the VIP retention team ... we get response from the carrier on tentative dates, problems with the transfer, permanant dates and are responsible for communication with the customer ... the next time you call ask for an escalation ... i know you must be upset and frustrated but if you work with the rep the rep should work with you ... i'm sorry in advance if you have any more problems but i'm jus doin my best here for you guys ... there's 1/2 a million customers and i can't make everything better for everyone ... who knows ... maybe we'll get to talk on the phone someday Wink
ToddlerTN
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My LNP took too long as well. Three times I was given a date, and three times it came and went with no transfer, and no explanation.

I finally filed a complaint with the Tennessee Regulatory Authority. Vonage isn't regulated, but BellSouth is. So I went to the TRA's home page and on the top-right is a link to file a complaint against a utility. I filed a complaint against BellSouth, and the next day I got a call from someone with the TRA.

He told me I needed to call Vonage and get the "purchase order number" for the LNP and find out who is scheduling the transfer. I called Vonage's LNP line (1-866-496-6359) and the guy who answered had no idea what I was talking about, but I was firm and would not let him hang up on me. Eventually he put me on hold and came back about 10 minutes later with everything I needed.

I'm not sure who they were working for, but XO Communications is who actually scheduled my LNP. So I provided all that to the TRA and within 2-3 days my LNP went through. Supposedly, XO had been sitting on it for whatever reason.

Now you could say this isn't Vonage's fault, and I sort of agree...sort of...but then again, why can't Vonage's LNP department contact the Tennessee Regulatory Authority and issue a complaint against BellSouth on their own? If I ran Vonage, and it's truly not Vonage's fault, then I'd form a group that does nothing but file complaints all day against the local carriers who may be sitting on their hands during this process. The law requires the phone companies to let go of these numbers, and their refusal to do so in a timely manner MUST be hurting Vonage's business somewhat, so Vonage has just as much legal standing to file a complaint as the customers do.

SevenMonthsPlus
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the great info, ToddlerTN. I am in TN as well and have been trying to switch my number since 8/16/04. I just spoke to Vonage and they confirmed that XO Communications is supposed to be doing my switch. I completed the TRA form online and have my fingers crossed.
jhuckabee
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Spreadsheets??? Reply with quote Back to top

Being in the IT industry, it really scares me when CS Reps keep referring to everything being tracked on spreadsheets. A company of this size should be well outside of the "spreadsheet" stages.