How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Fax - Tivo - Alarms
Nathan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

txcas,

when you placed your ata in pass through, did you assign your router an ip address? When I put my ATA in pass through my router can not obtain an ip address from the ATA and my isp is not assiging an ip address to my router. I am assuming I need to hard code the WAN address for the router to something like 192.168.102.15. Is this what you did?

Nathan
socrates
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nathan wrote:
txcas,

when you placed your ata in pass through, did you assign your router an ip address? When I put my ATA in pass through my router can not obtain an ip address from the ATA and my isp is not assiging an ip address to my router. I am assuming I need to hard code the WAN address for the router to something like 192.168.102.15. Is this what you did?

Nathan

Same issues here
Nathan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finally got my ADT alarm to dial out. Here is my configuration:

1) Cable Modem -> Router -> ATA
2) I hard-coded my ATA for IP address 192.168.1.15 since I am using a Linksys router. I also setup port forwarding as detailed on the Vonage website for a Linksys. If you need specifics let me know.
3) My alarm is NOT dialing *99.
4) I called Vanage and had them set my "Packetization Level" to 10.
5) Rebooted my ATA.

That's all I did and it works. Let me know if you have more questions.

Nathan
audball
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to chime in with an update -- like Nathan, my setup now works!

Here is my configuration:
1) Cable Modem -> Router -> ATA (though I am going to move the ATA in front of the router, to get QoS, now that there have been reports of how to keep the Motorola from hanging)
2) Router is the newest (version 3?) LinkSys BEFSR41 (has a Cisco label on it - they bought out LinkSys)
3) Set the ATA up with a static IP
4) I do NOT have any port fowarding set up. (It appears this newest LinkSys supports UPnP)
5) Alarm is NOT dialing *99
6) Like others with successes, I called Vonage and had them set my "Packetization Level" to 10
7) I did NOT reboot my ATA. I simply tried it a couple of minutes after I hung up with Vonage tech support.

That's it. The "Packetization Level" is the magic. I'll be sure to post here later, as I continue testing the alarm (probably will each weekend for a couple of months), so people can get an idea of how reliable the setup is.

Cheers!
David
ericgo
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Packetitization Level Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so I may not be able to spell it, but it works!! After reading the posts here I called Vonage Tech Support and asked for them to change the setting. I didn't reboot - just waited. And it works!!

The biggest question I have is why doesn't tech support know about this setting? Don't get me wrong - I talked to Michael at TS. He was extremely helpful, working through a number of attempts. He was great. He even called me back a number of times due to me being stupid and testing the ADT system when he was on the line. Hey, at least I know line seizure works like a charm!

I'm going to call back and talk to Michael tonight and let him know the resolution - maybe they have an internal knowledge base that they can look this type of thing up in.

Just wanted to echo the results - all is well. Now to move my ATA in front of my router so I can get QOS.

Thanks to everyone that posted - you helped save me!!
holio
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok, I get everything you guys are saying about reducing the Packetization level down to 10. However, I spoke with two guys at tech support and neither of them knew what to do or how to do it. I said "everybody says put the packetization level to ten and than will do what I need it to" but to no avail. The first guy didn't know what I was talking about AT ALL and the second guy said that the only options for my codec were 30, 70, and 90. Maybe he couldn't find the right area? This doesn't sound right or help me out.

Can someone help me out here? What do I tell tech support to provide the right level of detail to get this fixed? Is there someone there I should ask for in particular? Because I saw that Michael knew what he was doing, I tried to ask for him but there are apparently 25 Michaels working there.

I want to get my ADT alarm going some time in the near future...

Hey, thanks in advance.
ericgo
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My only suggestion would be to call again. I called later in the evening PST time - actually close to midnight. The guy I talked to seemed to know what I wanted. I know the wait can be a bit much some times, but until you can get someone that knows - that is all I can suggest. If we knew what type of equipment was on the other end that might help.

When I called, I simply told the tech guy - " I need to set my packetization level to 10" I said I had been working on the issue all day and found this to be the answer.

Sorry, I know how frustrating it is....
holio
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Although I hate waiting forever on hold, I will wait as long as it takes to get this problem solved. It's just that I've called 2x and people are still confused about what I'm referring to. The first guy was Indian and wasn't very knowledgable, but the second guy seemed knowledgable and was just unsure.

I am just looking for as much info as possible. I'll keep trying, but if anyone has anything to add I am listening.
holio
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so I finally found someone that understood what I was talking about and was able to change the packetization settings on my Motorola ATA from 20 down to 10. Unfortunately, that didn't solve my problem because I think I've got a ground loop problem. There's noise on the line whenever the ATA is routed through the regular phone lines, thus my assumption.

Anyone have any experince or guidance in troubleshooting this issue. I'd really like to get this working correctly so I don't have to pay SBC just to keep my alarm system working. Assistance appreciated in advance.
gregkean
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: I got my ADT system working without any special wiring! Reply with quote Back to top

I read on these boards that it was necessary to have the Vonage device plugged in before the ADT system, but I have my Vonage device upstairs and the ADT system in the basement. I also didn't want to pay to have things re-wired. After much thought, I did the following:

1. I called Vonage to get the Packet Prioritization Level set to 10

2. I plugged the Vonage device into Line 2 of my house

3. In the box outside of my house, I connected Line 2 to Line 1 using a female-female connector.

That's it. Now, Line 1 works like a charm, even for my ADT system.

So, my setup looks like this:

Cable Modem -> Vonage -> Line 2 ->
Line 2 to Line 1 connection (outside of house) ->
ADT -> Line 1 for whole house