How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
voopster
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: multiple business phone lines Reply with quote Back to top

can't seem to understand how to connect/install multiple phone lines for business through the adapter which only has 2 ports...

does one need to purchase multiple adapters or use splitters?

how many lines can one adapter service?

how many lines can your internet connection handle...I have 3/512 currently

I have 8 lines with two faxes at bellsouth and my contract is over in march

thanks
veep
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just do I understand:

You need the service to emulate 8 lines with Bell South.

You have 8 phones in the office? more/less

Do you have a need for Voicemail, auto-attendant, music on hold?

How many people in the business are usually on the phones making/receiving calls?

708-268-8647 (voice)
dbudzik@isicommunications.com (email)
30264002@sip.epygi.com (SIP)
www.isicommunications.com (Web)
ISP: Comcast
Hardware: Epygi Quadro 2X (Acting as Router, Firewall, and PBX)
veep
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry..

First part... Just so I understand Smile

and the other was... how many people in the office will be making and or receiving calls at the same time?
voopster
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Veep

thanks for helping

I currently have 2 fax lines and 6 phone lines being used by 9 employees during typical work hours

I have music on hold already with my current system and have the usual complete cholce options with bellsouth
limmerguy
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

at our office we have 4 Vonage lines and 1 fax going into our Vonage Partner PBX. This might similar to what you're doing, except you'll have a lot more lines.

Each Vonage account can have a maximum of 10 lines. Each Adapter has only 2 line ports. So, this means you'll need at least 5 Adapters (or you can choose to have each line to an adapter if you'd like).

At our office we currently have 4 Linksys adapters. We have more than enough adapters because we plan to upgrade to 6 or 7 voice lines in the future (plus our fax).

you're going to need some serious bandwith to operate all lines at the highest quality simultaneously... We have two DSL lines with run at 1.5 mbps down and 386 kbps up. This gives us 772 kbps up which can potentially support 8 Vonage lines.
With your connection, you can run 5 high quality calls at the same time or 10 Middle quality calls (which don't sound bad at all). Your fax lines cannot run at middle quality, they need to be at high. This means that if you setup everything correctly, you can run 2 fax high quality lines and 6 middle quality lines. Do you have DSL service or Cable? You should run a Voip test before considering Vonage in your office just to see if you're really getting 512 up and what your QoS is.. www.testyourvoip.com or http://www.vonage-forum.com/voip-speed-test.html.

If you'll be considering a switch to 100% Voip lines, I would wait for the technology to evolve a little more; especially since Vonage is currently serving up more customers than it can actually support. Maybe since you're contract is out in a month, this will be enough time for a system-wide upgrade they are planning to complete (a tech rep told me it'll finish in a couple weeks). I say this as a warning because the service has been inconsistent at our office for the last month... Calls to Tech Support haven't helped because the main problem we're having is with their local carrier capacities in our area.

On the big plus side it'll save you lots of money...

Have any more questions?
veep
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You might want to check out an Audiocodes MP-108.

It is Vonage certified, and sounds like it might work for your application.

It goes for around $1,000 US dollars, but ROI could be there quickly for a business. I will verify with my engineers.

708-268-8647 (voice)
afbcpa
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Multiple Business Phone Lines Reply with quote Back to top

limmerguy wrote:
at our office we have 4 Vonage lines and 1 fax going into our Vonage Partner PBX. This might similar to what you're doing, except you'll have a lot more lines. At our office we currently have 4 Linksys adapters. We have more than enough adapters because we plan to upgrade to 6 or 7 voice lines in the future (plus our fax).
]

I am jumping into this conversation because after using Vonage at home I am considering utilizing in the office as well. We have 3 voice lines and one FAX line currently (Verizon) which all go to a PBX system that provides voicemail, music on hold, and the usual bells and whistles. The system does the hunt as well, Line 1, Line 2, Line 3, busy...

Anyway, my question is will Vonage tie to my current PBX or is that now obsolete and I deploy some other application. Secondly, what's the physical connection like between the Linksys routers/adapters?? Do they interconnect somehow between port one and one therefore physically connects to the Broadband (Comcast)???

Thanks for any insight.

Tony[quote

deaconwc
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Multiple lines Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'll jump in on this one.
I'm extremely satisfied with my home Vonage and am in the process of putting my thoughts together for our phones at my church. Maybe what I've come up with so far can help and others can help clarify if I'm headed in the right direction.
We have a DSL connection on one phone line that I will keep. I will use this single line just in case the network is down for an extended time. We have four main phone lines plus a fax that I will move to Vonage.
My thinking is this:
For network connection-- I need to run three network cables out of the WRT54G directly to three separate phone adapters. (The remaining port on the router will go to our network switch). I will set the QoS on the lan ports that go to phone adapters to High.
For the phone wiring-- I will put a phone jack on the end of wire pairs for each phone and the fax line. These will plug into the phone adapter and the other end of the wires will be punched into the terminal block replacing the pairs for each telco line. IE: phone adapter #1- line 1 wires will replace line one of the telco line, phone adapter #1- line 2 will replace line two of the telco line, phone adapter #2-line 1 will replace line three of the telco line, etc.
Sound right? Any suggestions?
veep
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have experience setting up business accounts with Voip, with regards to Vonage service and other hardware.

Feel free to drop me line at the below email, and I would be glad to help you with the transition.

thanks,

708-268-8647 (voice)
JasonBelec
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just setup our Orthodontics office. Pretty easy all in all. Not the traditional approach, but I think a lot cooler. Multi-line, multi-handset, with fax and debit/credit as well.