How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Canada
Rhiann
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: So its been 24 hours Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone, I am brand new to Vonage, just hooked up with help from a friend. (thanks!)

So, my line is very staticy, but that is probably because of the phone I am using temporarily, until next week when evil Bell is disconnected.

I turned off the computer last night, and the phone didn't work all day, had a dial tone, but no light on the router for phone, and if I called from my other phone it went right to voice mail.
Then I turn on the computer, and my internet connection was off. Again.

I call CS for Vonage, and I was met with a sighing person on the other end, who I guess couldn't understand my Canadian accent...
She just told me to reset the router, and after 10 minutes, that worked.

I feel silly calling for a reset, but I didn't want to lose my internet as its play and work.

Another question, if you are idle on the internet for a bit, does it automatically go off line? I was doing something else, and came back to check email, and I got an error message that it was offline. I just clicked connect, but this has never happened before. I do have cable hi-speed, so I am concerned.

Any help, tips, or advice out there?
Thanks! Very Happy
odinyvr
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Which line is staticy, your Vonage line or your old Bell line? If it's your Vonage line, what does Bell have to do with it. They're totally seperate unless you're using DSL.

Use the Voip speed test in this forum, side bar on the left, just about Member Services or follow this link:

http://www.vonage-forum.com/voip-speed-test.html

Run the tool and see what results you get back. Pay attention to the QOS results.

My most recent test says "Given your current Internet speeds, we estimate that your Internet connection can support a maximum of 12 simultaneous high quality Vonage® Voip connections"

Download 3,258,224 bps
Upload 938,624 bps
QOS 58%
RTT 116 ms
MaxPause 94 ms

I'm on Shaw Cable and these reading change depending on how many people are using the network in my area throughout the day.

When my QOS is lower than 30%, I experience a lot of line noise.

I had DSL for a while to compare. The connection was slower, my line was only rated at 6 lines, but the QOS was higher at 98%. The call quality was crystal clear. Unfortunately my unnamed DSL provider, what the hell Telus, has decided to play a few games in providing dry DSL so I'm unfortunately using Shaw.

So call quality depends big time on your connection. Depending on where you live, one service provider maybe better than the other and that depends on which company has better equipment etc. in your area.

I've also read comments that if a computer connected directly to your router is downloading from the internet that this can cause poor call quality as well. I'm not sure about that, but if you keep looking around, you bound to come up with some answers.

As for your router problems, I have a PAP, so I can't help you with that.

I hope this helps some.

Router: SMC2804WBRP-G
Rhiann
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: To clarify Reply with quote Back to top

By the static on the line, it is my Vonage line. I still have Bell till I move next week. Once Bell is gone, I will move my usual phone over to the Vonage line so that should stop the static because I think its my phone or the cables, not the connection.

Its still only one day...

I did test my line before ordering, thanks for the info. My line was pretty high on the test, so I am sure its fine.

Thank you
odinyvr
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are a few threads in the Canada Forum that you can look at and many others on the main site from subscribers having configuration and service issues. Lots of troubleshooting tips available, it's just a task of finding them.

http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic4644.html
http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic4643.html

Maybe you've already seen them, but here these are two current ones.

I have a wireless router and a cordless phone. I've been told that this combination can interfere with each other because they operate on the same frequency, (2.4ghz)

I recently bought a cordless phone that operates on 5.8ghz and still experienced a hum in the line. I had both sitting side by side, but once I moved the base away from the router the line was ok.

All the best in working out the kinks.

Router: SMC2804WBRP-G