infrequently on
the phone. I'm
thinking of
switching to a
data-only

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Use with iPhone, and switch to data-only plan?
On Jul 21, 2014 at 14:29:35

szurcsii Posted:
Hey! I'm
planning to build
my own voip alarm
system. I found a
guide that looks

In The Forum:
Fax - Tivo - Alarms
Topic:
Alarm systems and VOIP
On Jun 27, 2014 at 01:09:10

DSewhuk Posted:
The last week I
have seen a
similar issue. I
have gotten 2
simultaneous calls
outbound

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Outbound calls showing when no call is being made
On Jun 11, 2014 at 23:25:10

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Announces Date of Earnings Release and Conference Call for Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Financial

Vonage Chief Executive Officer to Present at the Citi 2014 Global Internet, Media & Telecommunications Conference

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
cujo
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Voice Echo/Repeat Question Reply with quote Back to top

I am a new subscriber. When using the phone, the sound is excellent. However, people I am talking to hear their voice echo/repeat. They tell me my voice is fine. When I call my number from work or cell, I hear my voice echoing/repeating so I confirmed the issue.
Any ideas on how to resolve this?
ToddlerTN
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Same thing here. I don't know if its worse for certain callers, but there are certain people who call me that complain every single time about it. One of them even said she can't take it and actually ended the call. I hear the same thing when I call home from work, but what can I do about it?

tysonfamnc
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I get the same thing when my husband calls me from Kuwait even when we had a landline. I can hear my voice like tonight was bad. His end would be choppy sometimes and I know it is not our Vonage because all my other calls are OK. So not sure what the cause can be for these bad calls whether it be digital or landline. I really doubt it is a Vonage issue if it happens on landline as well. I honestly must say that for those who have issues with digital phone service...landline is not 100% effective either from my experience using a landline.

Proud wife to SSG Tyson-US Army
Proud mom to William, Alexia, Aaliyah & Mariah
ChaCha Guide since October 2006

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cujo
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The interesting part is it seems to happen with everyone.. not specific callers. Never had this isssue with SBC landline.
tysonfamnc
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah last year we had problems with our Sprint each time it rain I have total dead air in and out for hours. I would be so mad because hubby was then in Kuwait at the time...so the Sprint guy put my line over on a newer line to clear the problem up. Then in Germany we had the same problem on landlines. Even over there in Kuwait/Iraq it was bad...crackling, disconnection in the middle of a call and what not. Just wish I knew what the problem is because it still exists. Like yesterday he called and 2 mins in his end cutoff. Always like that. I even called AT&T but they have no idea since those are their phone centers the soldiers use.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Martlet
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cujo wrote:
The interesting part is it seems to happen with everyone.. not specific callers. Never had this isssue with SBC landline.

I get it periodically. I rarely call home, though. I mostly call out. With any luck, it will annoy everyone and they'll stop calling.

ToddlerTN
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh, turning a bug into a feature. Looks like Vonage is ready to be bought by Microsoft.

jockey
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The same thing happens to me. It is on my side of the call. The strange thing is that it only happens with a local call. All of our long distance calls are fine. I have made numerous calls to tech support and all they do is adjust some volume/FXS/gain settings. I tell them it must be more than that because long distance is fine it is just locals calls. They seem unwilling or unable to fix.

ISP:Time Warner/Roadrunner 5000/384
TA: Linksys RT31P2
Modem: SB5100