How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » LNP – Local Number Portability
rbarthle17
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: LNP now on a deadline, need advice Reply with quote Back to top

I am on my second attempt to get this LNP done. While technically I am in the final day or two of my 20-day window, I had gotten confirmation from Verizon that no transfer request has been received as of a few days ago. Via some PM's here, I have had the request re-submitted and my account credited.

I contacted Verizon today to find out if they received the request (either of them). They still have no record of anything. I made a call to Vonage LNP, and was very rudely told there's nothing they can and will do for me at this point more than they have done.

In addition, I have a new wrinkle here, one that made me make that call again today. I am moving in mid-April. I want to keep my phone number. If Vonage/Paetec cannot get the transfer done by April 15th, I will be forced to have to cancel my service with Vonage, since they do not have any numbers in my 703 area code available last I checked.

I am struggling to keep faith here. I appreciate the credits to my service. I have a lot of problems though with the fact that, according to the Vonage CSR rep I talked to, they have no way other than email to contact Paetec in regards to this, have no desire to do any digging to find out, will not give me any contact information for them (I am about to try and dig that up if I can) and basically I am stuck waiting. And as far as I can tell, it's Paetec that is the problem here.

I would feel fine if I knew Verizon had the request. If they had it, and said it would take XX number of days to get it done, that's great. But there have now been two attempts to submit the request to Verizon, and neither seem to have gotten through.

Is there anything else that can be done to expidite this? I have emailed dslreports@vonage.com already (that and a PM helped get the 2nd attempt sent), and I cannot fathom a reason that Verizon has not received either request as of now. Unless they just sit around, and submit it on day 19, which is practically what the Vonage CSR tried to convince me would happen ("just wait your 20 days and it will be done, like almost all of them are." Yeah right, whatever lady.)

The clock is now ticking, and it will be out of my control if it cannot be completed before April 15th.

Thanks
jamn424
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Look at this forum, and maybe it might help.
http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic3855.html

I did what he said, my local illinois state civil service commission replied in less then 24hrs. They had already contacted SBC prior to calling me. The only mistake I made was that I filed a complaint against Vonage. And which is not regulated by government so they cant do anything.

So then what I actually did was filed the complaint towards Choice One (my third party transfer peeps); since they were the ones really at fault. So if you file complaint, dont file a complaint against Vonage do it towards Paetec.

So maybe you can try that. My state commission replied failry quickly, as rebus said in the other post.

Last edited by jamn424 on Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
SaltAquatics
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Paetec: 1-877-340-2600

Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No luck with Paetec. They washed their hands clean of it, stating that I am a Vonage customer, and therefore need to go through Vonage to get this solved.

At the end, she said "Good luck." and said it in a tone that led me to think she meant it, and this was not the first time she has had to deal with it.

rbarthle17
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update:

Called Vonage LNP again. After waiting for 30 minutes on hold, I talked to a CSR named Les. Briefly explained my situation (that I am moving, today was day 20 and confirmed no LNP was going to happen in their 20-day window), and after a few moments of silence, he very quickly rattles off that I am scheduled for the port on the 17th at 10am.

I only state the last part because he literally was mumbling the LNP date to me 3 times until I finally told him I need him to speak clearly that I cannot understand him. He didn't mumble anything else prior to that, so he almost sounded like he was trying to hide something!

Anyways, we'll see what happens on the 20th.

jamn424
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If that date is right, you should get an email stating that tentative date. I called yesterday and found out I had a tentative date of 3/22. And today I got an email in the morning telling me of my tentative date.

I think instead of waiting until the 20th, you should double verify that date. Call again and see what they say. Call the LNP department, 1-866-496-6359. And email them too: numbertransfer@vonage.com.
rbarthle17
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just sent this email to numbertransfer@vonage.com, and copied dslreports@vonage.com and Jeffrey Citron on it:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Account: [account number]

Yesterday (3/14) over the phone, your customer service representative named "Les" told me that I have a date and time for my number transfer finally. He said it was Thursday, March 17 at 10am.

I never got any kind of email confirmation of this, my Vonage dashboard shows nothing regarding this, and as of 5 minutes ago (1:10 pm ET) Verizon has no record of this order either.

I would like written confirmation of this as soon as possible, for my recordkeeping. I am very intent to make sure this date is held to as your representative assured me it would. Because if it is not, and you cannot get this transfer done by April 17, I am going to have to cancel my service with Vonage. April 17 is my moving date, and I must have this transfer completed before then or I will lose my phone number.

I don't wish it to come to this, but I refuse to be another one of your worst-case scenarios (which seem far too common!) regarding number portability. Especially when you leave me no other options but cancelling the service since I would be losing my phone number anyways after April 17.

I appreciate the offers of free month(s) of service as the process drags along, but my 20 business day window came and went, and only after that, and on my own persistence, did I even get this yet-to-be confirmed date. So please confirm that this is the correct date, and please ensure that Verizon is aware of this. According to their records, no service has been requested on my number with them.

thank you

jamn424
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey bud,

its great that you gonna get this done. But I still think that your local civil service commission can help you out... in reality, your request is sitting at Paetec... they holding your request up. And they have washed their hands because they will not deal with consumers. They will deal only with Vonage. They wont give you any real information. So file a complaint towards Paetec with your state civil service commission and it might help your chances. Explain to them everything. But dont say you want to complain against Vonage, because Vonage is not regulated by Government.

I sent the complaint in, and I got a replay in less then 24hrs. For others, they got there lines ported in two days after they contacted their state commission.

All in all, it dont hurt for you to do it. It can only help.
rbarthle17
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Virginia's service commission told me that they cannot help me unless I have the purchase number from Paetec, to be able track and reference. Paetec won't give it to me (I am a Vonage customer, not a Paetec one) and Vonage does not have it. So I'm out of luck there.

fatboyntn
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

rbarthle17 wrote:
Virginia's service commission told me that they cannot help me unless I have the purchase number from Paetec, to be able track and reference. Paetec won't give it to me (I am a Vonage customer, not a Paetec one) and Vonage does not have it. So I'm out of luck there.

This is exactly what the Tennessee Regulatory Authority told me. Without the PON, I am SOL. I asked Vonage for the PON, but they only have the internal Vonage PON, not the one used between their CLEC and my carrier.

I love my service, but waiting several months for a simple number transfer is nuts. I have transferred DIDs with commercial accounts between CLECS and it always went smooth and on time. I'm disappointed that Vonage has not lived up to their word.