How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
bajaecotours
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about lowering the upload speed....because I come out of my speed tests with great speeds.
Download: 800kbps
Upload: 150-200kbps

So I would assume---Yes they are manipulating the upload speeds somehow. In simple understandable terms to me---it makes sense that we have the same upload speeds as before....but some kind of manipulation on the part of Prodigy---say for example---staggering the upload speeds....like allowing an upoad to proceed then stopping it every 1-3 seconds. Maybe I'm way off base, but this might make sense for the similar upload speed results but the choppy voice communication.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I haven't heard much back as to exactly what the problem is.

Funny that Vonage would not take the time to make some tests with a Prodigy customer of theirs to see EXACTLY what is happening and then seeing if they could possibly do something about it. Come on guys.....can't you see you have quite a large number of clients in Mexico that would gladly like to continue using your service. Is business so good that you just don't see the need to take care of us?

A little help PLEASE!!

IP: Prodigy Infinitum 512kb - Telmex
osohormiguero
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Mexico Problems Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever is happening, it also causes problems in getting onto my VPN in the US... The packet loss is effecting UDP packets only and IPSEC uses UDP and some of the same ports as Voip (I think)... I can't get to Telmex until next week, but I will go for a face-to-face with their tech staff - may at least clear-up some of the questions.

Regio
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't believe Prodigy/Telmex/Carlos Slim will care. They are greedy money worshippers who have no regard for their customers or the Mexican people and only care about their bottom line. They have some of the highest rates in the world and the poorest service The cellular service is both very expensive and of terrible quality.
Hopefully Vonage can come up with a way around this. Though it isn't Vonages fault, and they don't guarantee service outside of U.S. and Canada, a little more compassion on their half would be nice.

Regio
bajaecotours
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here here.....and I'll not only second that but onthousandth it as I'm sure we're several thousand Vonage clients in Mexico. It's a big country.....with a lot of retired and second home americans and canadians.

IP: Prodigy Infinitum 512kb - Telmex
ToddlerTN
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not baiting you with this question, I'm genuinely interested to know...why would an American want to retire to Mexico? Is it a lot cheaper to live there? And how are Americans treated there? I assumed Mexico was dirty and corrupt and generally unsafe, or else millions of Mexicans wouldn't be streaming across the desert every year to get here. What's the attraction for an American to want to live in Mexico?

dbajaer
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Telmex Reply with quote Back to top

It would look like Telmex, aga, Carlos Slim Hele one of the richest billionaires in the world has started blocking Voip data packets going into his servers in Mexico. I am located in Baja Sur and we use Prodigy and of course Telmex owns the lines, servers etc and has placed a filter on the server that imposes a latency on the data packets on out bound traffic, it does narrow the bandwidth but it is not a band width problem, its the imposed latency on the data. This totally disrupts your voice on the phone. I have been with a tech person all day from Vonage and he tried several things, all of them only help a bit but do not give us back the phone usage, its very unfair! I am switching to Direcway and will tweak the Vonage to work, it is not at all like we had, there is a delay between when you talk and when the other person can talk, one can not interrupt the conversation, one almost needs to say over, then talk. I tried it today on a direcway system here and its ok, I think if one could get the commercial system to work here is would be better. Satmex 5 is the satellite that works best here, however,.as I understand it Satmex 5 does not have the commercial service. I am looking into if a larger dish could help on a different sat connection. Sorry...
Regio
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Boycott Telmex when possible Reply with quote Back to top

Though Carlos Slim will never notice the few pesos that this takes out of his pocket please boycott businesses that he is connected with whenever possible. Sanborns, Mixup, and please somebody post the many more businesses he owns throughout Mexico.
Casita
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: ISP -Avantel - Mexico Reply with quote Back to top

Avantel's web site offers full Voip support and or service in their suite of products but only in a few major metropolitan cities. http://www.avantel.com.mx/
ToddlerTN
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well what do you know, we made the front page of DSLReports.com:

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/61635

guscrown
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ToddlerTN wrote:
I'm not baiting you with this question, I'm genuinely interested to know...why would an American want to retire to Mexico? Is it a lot cheaper to live there? And how are Americans treated there? I assumed Mexico was dirty and corrupt and generally unsafe, or else millions of Mexicans wouldn't be streaming across the desert every year to get here. What's the attraction for an American to want to live in Mexico?

Kind'a harsh there budy, but I'll try to answer your questions:

1.- Yes, Mexico is a LOT cheaper than the USA.

2.- Even tho there is still a little resentment from the old Mexican-American war in every Mexican's heart... mexicans have nothing against americans, so you will be treated alright.

3.- Not every Mexican is dirty and corrupt, or are you saying that every gringo is blonde and rich and doesn't have a cropt of corruption in him?

4.- Mexicans migrate to the US for the same reason every other person does.. "the american dream". They go there, work somewhere, get more money that they could ever get in Mexico doing the same thing and then they come back with extra money to feed their families.

Hope this helps you a bit.

PS. I am a mexican. I am not dirty nor am I poor. I will migrate to the US but I will do it legally, like a lot of other mexicans that TIME or other magazines fail to mention. Not every Mexican in the US is an illegal alien.