How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
ToddlerTN
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've had to wait 45 minutes before, and I'm not saying that's acceptable, but I've never called Vonage that someone didn't eventually answer.
falcon386
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: support Reply with quote Back to top

well Id have to admit, after calling about 40 times thoughout the week as im writing this email I have managed to get at least on hold waiting for a rep. Its been 1hr 10 min so far , someday theyl answer. Unfortionately this is because they game the wrong area code when I asked for 931 they gave me 901,, I dont belive it was deliberate seeing the rep I was getting service sign up was not fluent in english ..
rlstjohn
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I recommend that you change your area code and accept the fee for the change and then call the billing department. I called today and only had a 5 minute wait. I think if you tell them that they gave you the wrong area code (same thing basically happened to me) then they will give you the credit without any problems. Give it a shot...it can't hurt and you won't have to wait on the phone forever for the tech support people.

Robert
bbtrumpetguy
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And you can also request a credit online (like I suggested earlier in this post). This, to me, seems like a better solution than waiting for 1 hr 10 mins (and counting) on hold. Let us know if you get through!
falcon386
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: getting though Reply with quote Back to top

Hi yes I got through finally. They charged me the $10 to change the number but he also told be he had credited the $10, I have not yet seen the credit hopfully I wont have to pay it. Can't blame the guy though for the hold, did not hear anyone in the backgroud like I usualy do whenever I call support on my ISP ect, hes probably 1 of 2 or so people taking care of hundreds. Its to bad really because the product itself seems to work very well. Maybe when they get big enough they can still pocket there millions and afford to hire a couple new employees to take calls Razz .
ntfreak
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Wrong Number, Ten Tickets, No Fix In Sight! Reply with quote Back to top

Confused I ordered Vonage three weeks ago. I thought this was going to be great. I was wrong. The first week went by and they had moved my normal home phone to my Vonage account but I still did not have my router. I called and they found that my router had mistakenly been shipped to another customer. Support agreed to express ship another router to solve the problem. 48 Hours later...no router. Called again, same deal. 48 hours later...no router. Called a third time and the router was sent, this time I got a tracking number and the router made it here (yeah?). I plugged the router in and had a dial tone in no time. This was great I thought but soon found that the number I had was for someone in Los Angeles. I am in Northern Indiana. I called support and they issued a ticket and within 24 hours I had a number for someone in Waukegan IL. I've been there, it's nice but still 140 miles from where I live.

At this point I am ready to give up but I am not a quitter. I have called support twice each day, each time explaining my problem over and over but getting no results. The problem comes down to the fact that I still have the MAC address of the original lost router assigned to my account even though a "used" replacement was sent. The MAC I actually have came from another account so I have their phone number (they don't speak English either). Apparently it takes a cooperative effort from Jesus, Allah, and Thor the God of thunder to change this at Vonage.

While this is becoming personal with me and I hate giving up on anyone I have decided at this point that Vonage is either not capable of fixing my problem or really doesn't care about my problem. Either way I can say with confidence that Vonage works well as a concept. I can also say that the support model they have is the absolute worst in the Technology Industry. I am an IT Director who has run both first and second level support groups for businesses and even a 3000 user hospital. I have never seen such an apathetic group of support people. Each support tech is supremely confident that there is nothing he can do to solve the problem but they will each create tickets by the thousands. Either way I cannot take the lack of willingness to tackle the problem. It is truly pathetic.
riddler
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The sad thing is that whoever received your router is probably going through the same kind of ordeal...
ntfreak
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: VoIP Triangle... Reply with quote Back to top

Eek Actually there are three persons involved in my issue, each of us has a router that is assigned to one of the others. I am told this is what makes the issue so complex for the tech folks. It appears easier to run from the issue than to actually fix it. This is what happens when you pay people based on the number of problems they resolve rather than the complexity. This attitude is one that comes from the top, it's the result of ignorant managers with a "fast food phone service" mentality. it will be why Vonage is bought by someone else before it is successful.
JimBob
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Call Quality and Vonage Customer Service? Reply with quote Back to top

Until a couple of months ago my perception of Call Quality and Customer Service was based upon the experience of porting my numbers to Vonage a year ago. The Call Quality used to be excellent and the Customer support was top-notch from their New Jersey Call Center. My ISP has been providing 705 ~ 735 Kbps up-stream and 20 ~ 25 MBps down-stream to support our three computers and two Voip Vonage phone lines. The trouble started when the people I'm talking to can't make out what I am saying although I can hear them with no problems.

First I suspected that the ISP up-stream but after extensive testing between my Motorola SB5100 modem and the head-end with one Vonage line calling the other the lowest my up-stream ever dropped was 650 Kbps.

I adjusted my bandwidth saver on Vonage to 60 kbps and that didn’t help either.

The trouble seemed to be somewhere between the head-end and Vonage … either due to throttling or packet loss. It was at this point where I called the Vonage technical support number for assistance.

After wading through the voice-mail-jail, I was on hold for two hours before someone who hadn’t mastered the English language yet and had no technical expertise whatsoever answered. After about 30-seconds he put me on hold saying that he was going to find someone that could help with the problem and after about 45-minutes the phone disconnected. Several subsequent calls gained the same results. It seemed like Vonage was purposely trying to avoid my call for their help.

Ever since having the second line disconnected things seem to be better … at least people aren’t asking if I am calling from a cell phone and that they can not hear me.

There seem to be many other Vonage customers that are less than impressed with the new Vonage customer support. In all fairness, the competition isn’t any better even AT&T is closing all of their call centers in the United States.
Datahazard
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a hint to everyone, if the hold music stops for more than 3 full minutes, hang up. The agent doesn't have your call anymore and probably can't call you back.