Sign up
 Vonage  

       
 
Vonage Forum Menu

Vonage Forums
Vonage VoIP Forum
Bruafekkay Posted:
agreed dingy
anybody, obviously
if the quarters is
not provided with
the requisite
...

In The Forum:
Vonage V-Phone & SoftPhone
Topic:
granit stelen beefy
On Dec 08, 2016 at 19:41:55

Bruafekkay Posted:
agreed drab
individual, large
if the hamlet is
not provided with
the requisite
...

In The Forum:
Vonage V-Phone & SoftPhone
Topic:
mauersteine 50x50 unsparing
On Dec 07, 2016 at 20:07:45

tplink Posted:
Im trying to add
my HT802 vonage
adapter to my home
network. I
currently have
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
Vonage behind switch
On Dec 05, 2016 at 06:35:11

DWSupport Posted:
After recent
Vonage update that
took place on the
4th and 5th of
Nov. E-mails with
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Voicemail Not Forwarding to Outlook Accounts
On Nov 10, 2016 at 12:23:26

peterlee Posted:
Had a call from a
Hospital in Ajax,
Ontario to my home
in
Scarborough, Onta
rio
...

In The Forum:
Vonage Canada
Topic:
Hospital Incoming call unable to connect
On Nov 08, 2016 at 11:59:50

TELLDOUG Posted:
I am looking for a
product that will
make my phone ring
louder so I can
hear using
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Looking for a ringer ameliorate
On Oct 26, 2016 at 09:21:30

HildBeft Posted:
You can recollect
password by
connecting the
router to your pc
and open the
browser
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45


Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal



Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review



Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006



Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review



Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months




Vonage Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
Author Message
animate
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Feb 03, 2005
Posts: 33
Location: Ar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: How did I lose my touchtone? Reply with quote Back to top

I have tried several brands of phones this week trying to find one with numbers I can see. I am homebound and cannot go shopping myself so my son-n-law goes and gets and takes back and gets another and takes back, and so on. After trying three, I finally decided they just don't make one with numbers I can see so....I decided, since my regular phone had big numbers, I would just hook it up to my Vonage adapter. Well, I did but it would not work. I got a dial tone but even when I dialed the whole number, I still had a dial tone. Before I hooked it up to Vonage, it would beep each time I hit a number and when I got the whole number dialed, my call would go through. So...I took the phone out of the Vonage and hooked it into my regular line and now I can call out but it won't work right. I no longer have touchtone on it.
How did I lose my touchtone by hooking my phone into Vonage? How do I fix it back? I have searched all over it with a magnifying glass trying to find a button somewhere that will let me switch to touchtone. It sounds like it is set to pulse but can't find button to change it. It is an old phone. It is a GE.
Thanks and I hope someone can help me because these days you have to have touchtone to get by. Every place you call says, press 1, press 2, etc. Well, I can't do that now. It don't work.

_________________
If at first you don't succeed, try until you go nuts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Fletcher
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master


Joined: Jan 22, 2005
Posts: 222
Location: NYC Metro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: How did I lose my touchtone? Reply with quote Back to top

animate wrote:
I have tried several brands of phones this week trying to find one with numbers I can see. I am homebound and cannot go shopping myself so my son-n-law goes and gets and takes back and gets another and takes back, and so on. After trying three, I finally decided they just don't make one with numbers I can see so....I decided, since my regular phone had big numbers, I would just hook it up to my Vonage adapter. Well, I did but it would not work. I got a dial tone but even when I dialed the whole number, I still had a dial tone. Before I hooked it up to Vonage, it would beep each time I hit a number and when I got the whole number dialed, my call would go through. So...I took the phone out of the Vonage and hooked it into my regular line and now I can call out but it won't work right. I no longer have touchtone on it.
How did I lose my touchtone by hooking my phone into Vonage? How do I fix it back? I have searched all over it with a magnifying glass trying to find a button somewhere that will let me switch to touchtone. It sounds like it is set to pulse but can't find button to change it. It is an old phone. It is a GE.
Thanks and I hope someone can help me because these days you have to have touchtone to get by. Every place you call says, press 1, press 2, etc. Well, I can't do that now. It don't work.


Tell us more about your GE phone. Is it a cordless phone? Does it have to be plugged into a power source as well as into the phone jack? Do you know the model number? About how old is it?

Fletcher
View user's profile Send private message
dconnor
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: Mar 05, 2003
Posts: 2263
Location: The Beach

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Turn it upside - down and get me the model numbers, I will fix it

_________________
Have Questions? Need to speak to Vonage before signing up?
Call: 1-888-692-8074
Both Business and Residential customers can call and speak to a Vonage Sales Rep 24 hours a day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
animate
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Feb 03, 2005
Posts: 33
Location: Ar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: How did I lose my touchtone? Reply with quote Back to top

Peeking thorugh a hole in the bottom I held my magnifying glass and I can read these numbers:
029432A 2952 and I think V at the end. I can't see well enough. It is inside the phone.
My GE is a regular phone. Not a cordless. I have never in my life even had my hands on a cordless until I got Vonage. They are very new and I might say confusing. Here is a large snapshot of my GE if you can see it. It is here:
http://www.customart.biz/phone.htm
Thanks for your repsonse and I sure hope you can help me. I tried to access my credit cards by phone on their automated system, and I can't. Heck, I can't access anything that requires me pressing an extra button.
Thanks again for helping me.
No, it does not require a power source. It just has two place to put phone lines in.
Donna



Fletcher wrote:
animate wrote:
I have tried several brands of phones this week trying to find one with numbers I can see. I am homebound and cannot go shopping myself so my son-n-law goes and gets and takes back and gets another and takes back, and so on. After trying three, I finally decided they just don't make one with numbers I can see so....I decided, since my regular phone had big numbers, I would just hook it up to my Vonage adapter. Well, I did but it would not work. I got a dial tone but even when I dialed the whole number, I still had a dial tone. Before I hooked it up to Vonage, it would beep each time I hit a number and when I got the whole number dialed, my call would go through. So...I took the phone out of the Vonage and hooked it into my regular line and now I can call out but it won't work right. I no longer have touchtone on it.
How did I lose my touchtone by hooking my phone into Vonage? How do I fix it back? I have searched all over it with a magnifying glass trying to find a button somewhere that will let me switch to touchtone. It sounds like it is set to pulse but can't find button to change it. It is an old phone. It is a GE.
Thanks and I hope someone can help me because these days you have to have touchtone to get by. Every place you call says, press 1, press 2, etc. Well, I can't do that now. It don't work.


Tell us more about your GE phone. Is it a cordless phone? Does it have to be plugged into a power source as well as into the phone jack? Do you know the model number? About how old is it?

Fletcher

_________________
If at first you don't succeed, try until you go nuts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
dconnor
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: Mar 05, 2003
Posts: 2263
Location: The Beach

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok, the model number did not work for me.

Donna, that phone has a PULSE and TONE button on it. You have it on pulse, you must switch it to tone

_________________
Have Questions? Need to speak to Vonage before signing up?
Call: 1-888-692-8074
Both Business and Residential customers can call and speak to a Vonage Sales Rep 24 hours a day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
animate
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Feb 03, 2005
Posts: 33
Location: Ar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How???? I can't find anything to change. I have searched and searched. Where do I change it?
Thanks,
Donna


dconnor wrote:
ok, the model number did not work for me.

Donna, that phone has a PULSE and TONE button on it. You have it on pulse, you must switch it to tone

_________________
If at first you don't succeed, try until you go nuts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
animate
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Feb 03, 2005
Posts: 33
Location: Ar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
There is a S/N with some kind of number after it. Would that work if I can figure out what it is? I don't find anything that says model number. I think this phone was purchased at Walmart about 6 years ago.
When I said cordless phones were new, I meant new to me. I know they have been around for sometime but I have been homebound for years and never had any need for one.
I guess you must have thought I was really nuts when I said they are new. <grin> but I meant "new for me"
If you come up with anything else to help me, I sure will appreciate it. I am totally lost at how to fix it. It has on the back line 1 & 2 and Line 1 and then it has an adjustment for the ringer volume and that is all I can find.




dconnor wrote:
ok, the model number did not work for me.

Donna, that phone has a PULSE and TONE button on it. You have it on pulse, you must switch it to tone

_________________
If at first you don't succeed, try until you go nuts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
dconnor
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: Mar 05, 2003
Posts: 2263
Location: The Beach

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Donna, trust me on this: that phone has a PULSE and TONE button on it. You have it on pulse, you must switch it to tone. Find that button

_________________
Have Questions? Need to speak to Vonage before signing up?
Call: 1-888-692-8074
Both Business and Residential customers can call and speak to a Vonage Sales Rep 24 hours a day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
animate
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Feb 03, 2005
Posts: 33
Location: Ar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OOPs, I fogot to put the url up: http://www.customart.biz/phone.htm

I have all the pics up of my GE phone. Sides, ends and top and bottom.
If anyone can look at them and show me how to fix it, I will really really appreaicate it.
They are all on the same page and are large so may take a minute or so to load, depending on speed connection.
Thanx again,
Donna

There is a tone button on the star button but I have tried it up and tried it down and it does not change anything. It don't say pulse at all. It just has tone on the star button. Am I supposed to push two buttons at the same time maybe. If so, which two?

Thanx,
Donna


I am going to take a snapshot close up of every side end and put up for you to see. Maybe you can find it. I cannot.
I don't understand why it changed when I hooked it into Vonage. Why did it. Do you know?
I will hunt some more for the button and I will also take the pics and put them up. I will do real close ups so you can read them.
Thanks, and it will take me a while. I am slow at things due to having to use my magnifying glass so much.
I sure am thankful for zoom or I would never get my graphics done.
I will get back with you when I get my pics taken and posted.
Thanks,
Donna

dconnor wrote:
Donna, trust me on this: that phone has a PULSE and TONE button on it. You have it on pulse, you must switch it to tone. Find that button

_________________
If at first you don't succeed, try until you go nuts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Fletcher
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master


Joined: Jan 22, 2005
Posts: 222
Location: NYC Metro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Donna,

The pictures are great and very helpful. Unfortunately, I don't see the kind of button we would expect to switch Tone/Pulse dialing. That's really unusual. It's usually on the bottom or side of a phone.

The small hole you mentioned is probably a recessed button that can only be pressed with an opened paper clip. That is often the kind of button used to do a reset of the phone back to all its factory default settings -- but it might be something else, like the Tone/Pulse switch. If it is a reset button and you press it, it will erase all your speed dialing numbers and you will have to put them in again -- nothing lost permanently, but you'll have to go to the trouble of reprogramming those numbers.

I'll see if I can find anything else about your phone. For now, I would suggest you not press the reset button. If we can find another solution, there is no need to lose all your other programming.

I'll write more after I've done a little research. I have another idea, but I want to check it out some before I discuss it.

Sorry for your trouble. I expect someone here will be able to help you.

Fletcher
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Vonage Service Plans


Vonage VoIP Members
Members List Members
New Ravin
New Today 1
Yesterday 9
Total 99045

Who Is On Site
Visitors 99
Members 1
Total 100


Vonage VoIP Forum Members:
Login Here
Not a Member? You can Register Here
As a registered member you will have access to the VoIP Speed Test, Vonage Service Announcements and post comments in the
Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage Stock Price
Value: 6.99
Change:   N/A
Up to 15 Minute Delay

Site Search
 






†AK and HI residents pay $29.95 shipping. ††Limited time offer. Valid for residents of the United States (&DC), 18 years or older, who open new accounts. Offer good while supplies last and only on new account activations. One kit per account/household. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, promotions or plans and is not applicable to past purchases. Good while supplies last. Allow up to 2 weeks for shipping. Other restrictions may apply.

1Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.

2Shipping and activation fees waived with 1-year agreement. An Early Termination Fee (with periodic pro-rated reductions) applies if service is terminated before the end of the first 12 months. Additional restrictions may apply. See Terms of Service for details.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET REQUIRED. †VALID FOR NEW LINES ONLY. RATES EXCLUDE INTERNET SERVICE, SURCHARGES, FEES AND TAXES. DEVICE MAY BE REFURBISHED. If you subscribe to plans with monthly minutes allotments, all call minutes placed from both from your home and registered ExtensionsTM phones will count toward your monthly minutes allotment. ExtensionsTM calls made from mobiles use airtime and may incur surcharges, depending on your mobile plan. Alarms, TTY and other systems may not be compatible. Vonage 911 service operates differently than traditional 911. See www.vonage.com/911 for details.

** Certain call types excluded.

www.vonage-forum.com is not an official Vonage support website & is independently operated.
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All comments are property of their posters.
All other www.vonage-forum.com content is © Copyright 2002 - 2013 by 4Sight Media LLC.

Thinking of signing up for Vonage but have questions?
Business and Residential customers can call Toll Free 24 hours a day at: 1-888-692-8074
No Vonage Promotion Code or Coupon Codes are required at www.vonage.com to receive any special,
best Vonage cheap deals, free sign up offers or discounts.

[ | | | | | ]

Vonage Forum Site Maps

Vonage | VoIP Forum | How VoIP Works | Wiring and Installation Page Two | International Rate Plans 2 | Internet Phone
Promotion | Vonage Review | VoIP | Broadband Phone | Free Month | Rebate | Vonnage | Vontage | VoIP | Phone Service
Phone | llamadas ilimitadas a Mexico | Latest News | VoIP Acronyms | Deal | Philippines Globe Phone | Site Maps

The Vonage Forum provides the Vonage sign up Best Offer Promotion Deal.
If you are considering signing up for Vonage and have found our Vonage News, Customer Reviews, Forums
& all other parts of this site useful, please use our Vonage Sign up page.


Vonage VoIP Phone Service is redefining communications by offering consumers
& small business VoIP Internet phones, an affordable alternative to traditional phone service.
The Vonage VoIP Forum Generated This Page In: 0.73 Seconds and 384 Pages In The Last 60 Seconds
The Vonage VoIP Forum