How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » LNP – Local Number Portability
eichmat
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Another LNP nightmare (is finally over!) Reply with quote Back to top

Ok--I just took LNP to the next level....

Here's the history:

19-Dec: Fax LOA to Vonage
20-Dec: Vonage logs receipt
20-Dec: Indicates LNP request sent to RCN
24-Jan: Contact RCN to check on status--no record of request from Vonage
24-Jan: Conact Vonage--report a Freeze on my RCN account preventing trnasfer--advised that I must conatct RCN to remove it (no answer why the LOA wasn't sufficient)
24-Jan: Contact RCN, the confirmed block (didn't know why the first rep didn't tell me that ), and then had it removed (gave me work order #)
24-Jan: Contact Vonage back with RCN work order number--Vonage to resubmit.
24-Jan: Got email confirmaiton from Vonage CSR that informtion proivded to Vonage LNP
03-Feb: Contact RCN again to check status--still no record of contact
03-Feb: Conact Vonage--CSR advised that Vonage's local affiliate takes up to 14-days to handle requests--wait until mid-next week (CSR then credited me with 1-month's service [something a prevous CSR said she was going to do but never did!], so I appreciate that)
05-Feb: Email form Vonage LNP that there is a Freeze on my RCN account and that I must contact RCN to remove it

Ok--that pushed me over the edge... At first, I just responded saying "already done, retry the request" (per some other messages on this board, I cc'd jeffrey.citron@vonage.com and dslreports@vonage.com on my response).

But, after a few hours of this issue burning in the back of my head, I decided I wasn't going to wait another week before raising a stink with the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission and the FCC. So, I used the on-line forms to submit complaints against RCN with both the PA-PUC (http://www.puc.state.pa.us/general/informal_complaint_form.aspx) and the FCC. (http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/cib/fcc475.cfm)

I then notified both RCN and Vonage (via email--both CSR centers are closed today) of the compliants... hope this kicks someone's butt and gets this process completed.

Thanks for letting me rant,

"Frustrated In PA"

Last edited by eichmat on Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
kd1s
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Calls to PUC and FCC Reply with quote Back to top

In my case Verizon was dragging their feet. I contacted the PUC and was told that because Vonage isn't an FCC regulated carrier there wasn't much they could do.

Once I walked the PUC rep through the fact that Vonage was nothing but a last mile carrier and that they homed their calls on either Paetec or Focal swtiches, both of which are FCC regulated carriers.

Miraculously my LNP was completed 2 days after that.

The games played by the incument carriers really irritate me.
eichmat
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Calls to PUC and FCC Reply with quote Back to top

kd1s wrote:
Miraculously my LNP was completed 2 days after that.

Well, hopefully, my informal PUC and formal FCC complaints will have a similar affect on my LNP transfer...

In my case, the PUC should still be after RCN for not allowing the the LNP request to process, as they are both PUC and FCC regulated. I could understand the PUC's original stance you case had the problem been going from Vonage to another carrier--then they might be able to wriggle out by saying Vonage isn't FCC regulated, blah, blah, blah...

I'm going to be so glad when this is done (and when the other cable co. with service to my street finally gets two-way cable-modems, then I'm dropping RCN completely...).
eichmat
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Calls to PUC and FCC Reply with quote Back to top

eichmat wrote:
Well, hopefully, my informal PUC and formal FCC complaints will have a similar affect on my LNP transfer...

Well, got an email from the PUC saying they'll follow-up with RCN, but that they can't "touch" Vonage. Also got a voicemail from someone in RCN's Customer Relations Dept (different than Customer Service I think...) saying she will investigate and report back to me ASAP.

Amazing how fast they start calling when someone from Harrisburg calls them... Lol

I also got two emails from Vonage Executive Response Team today (John Smith and Vicente Nepomuceno) that they have escalated my LNP to expedite its completion. I appreciate their quick response also.

Maybe this will get done soon! Very Happy

We'll see if I need to withdraw my FCC complaint...
eichmat
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Calls to PUC and FCC Reply with quote Back to top

eichmat wrote:

Well nearly a week later and here's an update.

07-Feb: Got email from PA-PUC & Vonage ERT, call from RCN ERT-all will look into it (actually surprised all three got back first business day...)
-RCN did not have record of request
-I gave RCN contact info to Vonage
09-Feb: Email from Vonage saying will contact RCN ERT
11-Feb: Called both--RCN has request, should expect a date in the next few days (actual x-fer 7-10 days after that).

Well, getting the government involved has made some progress (more than before!). I think I see a light at the end of this tunnel...
eichmat
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: It's Over!! Reply with quote Back to top

eichmat wrote:
Well, getting the government involved has made some progress (more than before!). I think I see a light at the end of this tunnel...

It is finally done! But it took another two days for either side to let me know Very Happy

On Tuesday (15-Feb), I'm in the process of getting my daughter settled down for bed when I hear a phone ring... I realize it's the phone hooked to my Vonage line and figure it is my in-laws from Florida (we have a virtual number to let them call us free) and I ignore it (wife was working and that's who'd they want to talk to anyway... Lol ).

So, I forget about it and later check my email... Hmm.. a voicemail... but wait, that caller Id number is my wife's mobile phone... Sure enough, listen and it was her (asking me to record Dr. Phil or something). Well now... wait a minute...

So, I proceed to try with my mobile phone... sure enough, the Vonage line starts to ring! Who-hoo! We're done!

Today (17-Feb), I finally get an email from Vonage LNP with an "expected" transfer date of... Today of all days... Followed (zero minutes and five seconds) later by another email that my transfer has been completed, effective today....

Here's the funny part: When I called RCN to arrange a new bundle, they still have an expected transfer date of 21-Feb! Geez... what goobers... I have to wait until then to change my bundle (whatever...).

But, my ordeal is over. Time to drop the PUC and FCC a note saying all is finished (but provide details in case they want to still follow up...). Anyone who has a problem with LNP from RCN, let me know and I'll give you the contact I had--she answered her phone everytime (didn't call back ast timely as I'd like, but she usually had info when I called).

Now... time to jump to another thread and start looking into this static and echo I now get... Confused

"Not so frustrated anymore in PA"
Jen0206
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: 80 days and counting Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the ideas. FCC, AZ state reg board, here I come!