How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
Trowski
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Funny you should mention this again....For the second time in 3 days both phone lines have gone out, no connectivity through the router, and am on hold after spending an hour with their level 1 tech support named "shawn" and am now on hold for level 2.
Trowski
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, according to my cellphone (peak hours again) it was 1 hr 2 mins, and the router fixed itself while I was on hold for level 2...Second time this week this thing has gone down....Maybe I can send them my cell bill for a credit? Lol
LStampfli
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some belated advice:

1. As someone else noted, don't ever use your cash card or checking account for subscriptions like this. Credit cards are much easier to control.

2. When you can't get someone on the phone and you want to cancel your service, subscription, etc., send a letter by registered mail. You then have proof of when you requested the cancellation.

We're having some problems now, but I am hoping we can work it out and we won't have to cancel (or try to reach customer support!)

Lisa
aadolpho
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Somethings wrong Reply with quote Back to top

I have been doing the same, only from Okinawa and I get that the specified phone number is out of service...

Seems kind of fishy...
Trowski
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is 6 months old...you would be better off starting a new one

rokkyofnh
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Found some solutions at home for the comcast issues Reply with quote Back to top

Good Day all,

I have previously posted and indeed ranted about comcast. I am not recanting at this point but did some troubleshooting here and actually made some marked improvements in my connection quality. First I untangled the cable hell in the rear of my desk separating power and data,(cat5, and coax cables,) A NO BRAINER.

Secondly I took the advice found on speedGuide.net and separated all my network devices. I put about 3 feet between the cable modem, Vonage PAP2 adapter, and my Linksys BEFSR41 router. After getting them apart I tested the connection again using testmyvoip.com and found that I had greatly reduced the packet loss, and eliminated the latency.

lastly I disable Norton Internet security, as a trial and error thing just to see what would happen. After doing this Packet discards dropped from about .85% to zero.The test was routed from here in Dover, NH to Boston, Ma. and after four tests my average was less than .oo25%.

I am going to make some call with Norton disabled and see IF the quality is really there. I also did some testing with the bandwidth tester at the Vonage site https://www.vonage.com/help.php?article=497&category=102&nav=102. Here I saw I saw iimprovements with each step above, the most notible improvment was when I disabled Norton IS. The MAX past time dropped in total from about 280ms to 16ms. If I dont post again I may have found the problem. I am going to try some calls now and see if it worked.

I'll let you all know
NancyMN
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: No Dial tone and huge costs associated with cancellation Reply with quote Back to top

I have had Vonage for about 2 months and have not had a minute of trouble with my service. However, my Mom decided to join and has had nothing by problems. She received her equipment on April 11 and we could not get a dial tone. We contacted customer service and was told that there was an update going on with her router and that it would take 24-48 hours for it to go through. That wouldn't work, as she has a tax business and couldn't be without a phone for that long so close to the tax deadline. So we held off setting it up and also waited an additional week because my Mom went on a cruise after tax season.

Anyway, I finally went last week to hook her back up and again, no dial tone. She called tech support no less than 10 times and each time, someone changes some settings, she has to unplug etc and then they assure her that it will now work. Well, it does work -- for about 9 minutes. I'm not exagerating. She would call me when it was up and would would die during the conversation. After 2 days of this, she contacted Vonage and was told that a supervisor would call her back in 30 minutes. That was on Saturday. On WEDNESDAY, no one had yet called back. So I called for her and spoke with a supervisor. She said that they could send out a new router, but the soonest would be 2 day shipping and I told her that wouldn't do because my Mom's business line that she has been using since her Vonage won't work is seasonal and would be disconnected on the next day. If a supervisor had called on Saturday when they said they would, 2 day shipping would have been fine. She said she would try to get it overnighted and would let me know within the hour. EIGHT HOURS LATER, this supervisor called and left me a message (I had since given up waiting for her call and left the house). She stated that they couldn't do it overnight and did she now want me to send 2nd day air. duh... She wasted a whole day getting back to me and now the shipment would be delayed ANOTHER day! I spoke with a supervisor that evening and he got a new router sent to use overnight and we're expecting it today. However, my Mom has had 2nd thoughts about Vonage being that she's had such problems and their customer service is not what is normally considered "customer service". So she decided to cancel w/in her 30 days. Keep in mind that she's only really had service for about 1 HOUR TOTAL BECAUSE SHE NEVER HAS A DIAL TONE. Well, if they cancel her now, she has to pay disconnect fee, she's charged for a router that doesn't work and that originally was FREE because of a rebate, next month's service etc. Total was $180. Plus, if she cancels today (which is w/in the 30 day limit), it will take 15 days for another service to take her numbers, which means that she'll lose her phone number that she's had for (not kidding) 60 years.

At this point, she's going to wait for the new router to come in to see if it works, but she's very leary and I have to say that I don't blame her. I'm hoping that the "powers that be" read this email and respond. I myself have not had problems with my service, but God help me if I do -- as I will never get through their phone lines to talk to a person that I can understand and that can help me. I cannot understand why they have people that don't speak English working on their customer service lines. It's bad enough that you don't know what's going on with your equipment, but then can't understand what they tell you to do.

I have seen through helping her with her issue that Vonage's customer service is VERY MUCH BELOW PAR.

Sorry to ramble -- had to get this off of my chest!
vonaerger
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could still be stuck like my wife and me without working Caller ID since last October, with no even a -whiff- of help from Vonage. I emailed them requesting a credit, and they responded to THAT:

> I am sorry to inform you that your request has been denied. I
> have reviewed your account and it shows that you have had
> continuous phone service.

Gee, I'm only paying for a DIAL TONE? I didn't think so....

It's interesting to see where their priorities lie. Servicing customers is clearly not high on that list (if it's even on there at ALL).
otheym
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Vonage Customer Service Reply with quote Back to top

Recently I switched over to Comcast Digital Voice because of the problems I was having with Vonage. When Comcast ported my phone number the service should have been cancelled. I tried to cancel but was told there was a 25 minute wait time to speak to someone. I went ahead and cancelled my debit card so they couldn't bill me any more. Now I am getting emails from them about it but I can't answer them because they are computer generated. The level of customer service with Vonage is abysmal and that is why I switched to Comcast even though it costs more. The reception is much better and it doesn't break up.
livechat
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Try using SKYPE Reply with quote Back to top

hello,
I cam to this forum to read about the Vonage customer Service and product quality since I had heard a lot about it and thought I'd give it a shot if it turned out to be better than skype. but reading such stuff makes me feel that Skype is a million times better. At least in terms of customer service.
We are a call center providing inbound call support, live chat support, live phone order taking, back-office operations. Since a majority of our services are related to voice support, we need cheap as well as quality support.
Vaibhav,
Call Center Services
http://callcenter.ramshyam.com
US Toll Free: 1-877-286-3682