In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Convenient employment Products - A Closer Look
On Apr 14, 2018 at 01:46:43

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Expands International Presence with Investments in Asia Pacific Region

Vonage to Present at the Oppenheimer 20th Annual Technology, Internet & Communications Conference

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Review: My First Day With Vonage, Excellent!
Review: My First Day With Vonage, Excellent!

Great Price, No Complaints
Great Price, No Complaints

You need some common sense.
You need some common sense.

Vonage Customer Review: One month with Vonage, and...
Vonage Customer Review: One month with Vonage, and...

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Canada
zmaster
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Vonage World Canada Plan Now Available Reply with quote Back to top

It wasn't really hyped but sometime in the past few days Vonage Canada implemented the "Vonage World Canada" for the same price as "Premium Unlimited" plan ($10 off the first 6 months for new subscribers).

The "Vonage World Canada" has all of the same features at "Premium Unlimited" plus it includes free calls to a ton of additional countries, including both land lines & mobile lines in India & China.

It happened to be timely for me, as I'm currently working in Hong Kong & have my Vonage Basic 500 line setup in my hotel room where I had free calls to our "Premium Unlimited" line at home.

While Vonage is not automatically converting "Premium Unlimited" users to the new "Vonage World Canada" you can go online & do it your self -
a. Login to your Voange Account
b. Select "Billing"
c. Select "Change Your Calling Plan"
d. in the "Select Number to Change Plan" select your "Premium Unlimited" **
e. in the "Residential Monthly Plans" select "Vonage World Canada Plan"
f. hit the "Select Plan and Continue" button

Thats basically it, a minor billing update is done ... they credit you for the rest of the month for the old "Premium Unlimited" & charge you for the rest of the month for the new "Vonage World Canada" line, the net is $0, your #'s & features stay the same & there are now dozens more countries you can call. While you don't get the $10 credit the new subscribers get, your Vonage service just got better.

** if your current line is the Basic 500 one you have to upgrade to the "Vonage World Canada Plan", which is $20 more a month & I'm not sure if you will get the $10 credit, as I left our Basic 500 line unchanged.

The benefits for me is that I needed to go to Hong Kong with work for 3 weeks, so now we are no no longer tied to my hotel for calls home, they can call my 'prepaid mobile' line & my office line for free, with a 10 hour time difference it wasn't always easy to coordinate calls.

Hope this helps others & thanks Vonage Canada, a very positive step.

Z
hwsager
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Vonage World Canada - caution about maximum monthly minutes Reply with quote Back to top

I too just discovered the "Vonage World Canada" plan, and did some online research as well as talking to Vonage Canada. Be careful with this plan. It is definitely a huge value for the money, but it has one downside. Your maximum monthly minutes are 2000, whereas "Premium Unlimited" is capped at 5000 (Vonage-to-Vonage is unlimited in both plans). Furthermore, you can't go back to "Premium Unlimited" once you leave that plan. (For practicality, note that 2000 minutes per month is just under 70 minutes per day.)

Also, if you ever exceed the 2000 minutes, you are suspended from that plan for good, not just for the rest of the current billing cycle, and your only option for continuing with Vonage is to upgrade to whichever higher priced plan they propose to you (which in this case pretty well has to be their $70 business plan, since that's their only current offering that gives more minutes).

So, buyer/switcher beware! Nonetheless, I still welcome that Vonage is offering an attractive new plan.
zmaster
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the heads up on the revised definition of 'unlimited' minutes, we'd had the occasional month where we exceeded 3,000 minutes (with most being in the 1.8-2.5k range) so were never concerned about exceeding 5,000. It did seem too good to be true to get all of the added locations for the same price.

We use our Vonage lines for our home office and fortunately (or unfortunately) our old ISP (the ADSL supplier in Alberta) 'upgraded' the service in our area in June 2009 and as a result of the 'upgrade' our ADSL connection dropped/reconnected on average every 12 minutes (based upon the logs in their router, yup 5 times an hour 24 hours a day for 8 months, 3 in home visits & a complete replacement of all of our in home/exterior equipment until we got so fed up with switched to the local Cable service in Feb - our only outage since Feb was when I shut it down to redo the UPS, as their modem didn't fit in the old cabinet). Obviously every time the ADSL connection dropped the Vonage calls dropped as well, which isn't good for work related calls, so we got in the habit of using our house land line for conference calls which really dropped our Vonage minutes. Since we'd gotten in the habit of using the land line for conference calls, we'd kept using it even after the ISP problem was fixed, so were now in the 1.0-1.2k range for minutes per month on the Vonage line - still enough to justify the 'unlimited' service (as 900-1,000 minutes is the breakeven on the 'Basic' plan).

Since our local telco was such a problem with the ADSL service I was considering switching the land line to a 'basic' Vonage onel to save $15/mo, my only concern was that would give us a single point of failure for our phone service but that would also put us at risk on the 'unlimited' Vonage minutes ... so based upon your input, I've taken that one off the table.

BTW - back in the 'olden days' of home office network connections via dialup, I likley would have exceeded the 5k min cap in a week & the 2k cap in 2-3 days, another benefit of broadband.

Thanks,

Z
zmaster
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BTW - just got an e-mail notification from Vonage that the Vonage Canada World Plan was dropping $10/mo (25% price decrease, to $29.99 from $39.99) and that the usage was increasing by 1,000 min/mo (50% usage increase to 3,000 from 2,000).

While 3,000 min/mo is still a long way from 'unlimited', in almost 5 years with Vonage we'd only ever exceeded 3k in a month twice (previous Unlimited plan was capped at 5k, so no issue) but exceeded 2k quite frequently.

So both are positive changes.
roscopco
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am only paying $24.99 for my unlimited plan so I don't want to pay the extra $15 in the event I have someone to call outside of North America.
codecom
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Vonage Canada World Plan Reply with quote Back to top

I am Vonage customer since 2005, last year my Vonage unlimited plan is converted to $24.95. When I called Vonage customer service to convert my plan to "World Plan" they told me that since you are an existing customer so you need to pay $39.95 as you are not eligible for $29.95 promo offer. When I told them I am an existing customer for over 5 years they should convert my earlier plan to world plan at same price($24.95) there answer was big "NO" . I got a call from their executive response team member and his attitude was as they don't care for customers.
roscopco
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can now get the world plan in Canada for $29.99, this is not a promo anymore.