In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Jan 29, 2016 at 01:49:14

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage
mike901
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Caller ID info Reply with quote Back to top

Well after calling Vonage for the last 2 days and speaking to people who speak no english and are either unable to understand my question which I think is not a hard question or answering it by another question like why I would need that feature etc I found this board so I thought I would ask you expert instead of waisting more time talking to people in either India or Philippines.

Does Vonage have a feature or option like the telco called "Completely Caller ID blocking" I know with Verizon I had that feature and I am moved into an ATT territory over the weekend and they offer the same feature. I had U-Verse TV/Internet installed today and the installer mentioned that U-Verse Voice does offer that feature and he would wire my house for it incase I choose to add it later. He said the inside wiring he did for me would work with Vonage or any other ATA adaptor.

What that free feature does is basically have your number show up as private always and you have to dial *67 to unblock your number.

I also could not get a straight answer about weather or not my number would be listed in the phone book and in 411 either or if they offer an option to have an unlisted number.

The reason I need a feature like this is because I am a property manager and I manage apartment buildings so the tenants have my office number and the service calls my cellphone or home is their is an emergency but many times I return messages from my home line when I am home and I don't want to forget to hit *67 to block the number before calling a tenant back and then the tenant having my home phone number and calling me at 2am to let me know his toilet got back up or to complain about another tenant playing music too loudly etc. That is why I want that feature or some other way of being able to hide my phone number.
VonTechMgr
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The answer is no to the Permanent Caller ID Block feature. Vonage does not offer or support this feature. In order to block your Caller ID with Vonage, you must dial *67 for each placed phone call.

For your other question, Vonage is NOT a local phone company therefore has nothing to do with publishing your number to the local phone book or to any information services. If Vonage issues you a number, it is not a published number. If you ported your number to Vonage, it may still be listed for short period of time due to it being published by the prior local phone company.
mike901
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does Vonage offer a feature like many other Voip providers then where you can verify you own a number and then have you caller ID show as that number?

So when I place out bound calls from my Vonage line it would show my business line?

I personally don't make many international calls, if I make 10 calls a year totaling $10 that is a lot for me and ATT offers a plan called All Distance for U-Verse for $30 per month with no voicemail which is over pots and includes free long distance in the USA or $35 a month for U-Verse Voice package which includes voice mail and calls to canada for free too.

The main draw for using Voip service over Pots is I can keep my old Verizon number as ATT says I can port the Verizon number to their U-Verse Voice Voip service but not to their pots line as it would be considering a foreign exchange number if I ported it to Pots even tho I moved less than 2 miles away and the fee to port that number to pots would be $550.

I get calls some times at 2am from answering service and I know if my number is not blocked I will sooner or later forget to dial *67 before calling a tenant and then all the tenants will end up having my home number and be calling me at home all hours of the day to complain about stupid stuff like neighbors playing the music too loud etc.

So I would love to be able to keep my Verizon number and save $10 over ATT Voip service by using Vonage which includes more features and free international long distance but I need to find a solution that would work for me.

Is their any idea on how I can get Vonage to work for me or do you think I am basically better off going with ATT? I called up a couple of other Voip providers not sure why it seems most of them do not provide a "Complete Caller ID solution" at all like ATT and Verizon. Powerphone offered to list my caller ID info as my Business number if I fax them a copy of my ATT phone bill and it matched my Powerphone user Info but they charge $39.99 per month for service as my business line is in my company name and I would have to get a business line and on top of that I would have to pay an extra $1.99 for that feature per line. And they do not offer hunting either like Vonage and I have 2 numbers currently.

Vonage also said I can not do hunting between 2 numbers unless both are on Vonage and ATT said on Pots they could set Hunting up for me between both a Pots and Voip line that is not an issue but if I set up hunting between ATT and another provider I would not qualify for the reduced $30 per line offered to U-Verse customers on Pots as that is a promo they offer to get customers to keep their lines with ATT. The normal price for All Long Distance is $45 per month without voice mail. It would be cheaper to do 2 U-Verse Lines or 2 ATT U-Verse Pots packages over doing 1 full price ATT pots package and 1 Vonage line so I can have an out going line which has my caller Id block. Also ATT does not offer hunting on U-Verse Voice Voip service at all either like Vonage.

So if I can find a way to make Vonage work for me the way I need and want it to work some how they end up being cheaper than getting 2 pots lines from ATT which offers everything I need but does not allow me to keep my old number and Vonage allows me to keep my old numbers which is a big bonus to me as I had that number for close to 20 years now.

Thanks any idea's or recommendation would be appreciated.
mikewashtm
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think that this is included already. Without an extra charge I'd say. But you might need to enable this first at the account portal?