Sign up
 Vonage  

       
 
Vonage Forum Menu

Vonage Forums
Vonage VoIP Forum
massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

James44 Posted:
Which network
connection do you
use?
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Wireless Access Point plugged into switch
On Jul 13, 2016 at 22:55:00

jjatsk Posted:
We are renting a
few offices right
next door to our
main building. I
have a wireless
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Wireless Access Point plugged into switch
On Jul 09, 2016 at 12:00:54

Pman Posted:
Hello, While
Vonage has been a
great service over
the years, it is
time to part
...

In The Forum:
LNP – Local Number Portability
Topic:
Cannot port phone number to new carrier - repeated failures
On Jul 05, 2016 at 09:12:07

jbugz67 Posted:
We recently
purchased 5
Polycom VVX 300
phones from
Vonage, and have
regretted
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Nothing but problems with VVX300
On Apr 15, 2016 at 14:58:07

RichardPi Posted:
Hello, does
anybody recollect
how to get into
wifi password from
diggings router?
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to arrive at wifi password?
On Mar 31, 2016 at 02:39:07

RichardPi Posted:
Hello, does
anybody know how
to get into wifi
watchword from
home router?
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to be noised abroad wifi password?
On Mar 30, 2016 at 18:48:05


Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal



Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review



Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006



Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review



Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months




Vonage Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage
Author Message
ijusthuman
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: PAP2 Choppy Calls and Firmware Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

After years of Vonage, for some reason I am having problems with people hearing me and I have to continually callback, though they say I can't hear you or you're going in and out.

Is there some firmware upgrade or something required?

Nothing has changed with ComCrap, so I do not know why having the issues over the last 2 weeks.

Any ideas on how to remedy this and/or how to find out what firmware version of the PAP2 Linksys adapter is currently on i t???

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message
VonTechMgr
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Jan 02, 2008
Posts: 656
Location: NJ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Nothing has changed with ComCrap, so I do not know why having the issues over the last 2 weeks.


Do you work for Comcast? Are you a Comcast engineer that would be dedicated to provision modems to certain nodes or work on the head end equipment? If not than you truly cannot say that nothing changed on the Comcast side. They could have easily merged 2 neighboring nodes into one which now caused congestion due to oversubscribing the node. Sometimes this occurs during hardware or technology upgrades especially now with the DOCSIS 3.0 deployments occurring.

That's just one possibility out of numerous things that could happen. Without knowing your exact setup and seeing results from diagnostic tests, it is not possible for anyone to provide you with any concrete information on where to look or who to complain to.

As for the PAP2, it would be running the same version firmware you have had for years. Nothing has changed on that model. And if your running the original Sipura based PAP2, not the PAP2 v2, it will never change as that device no longer has support from Vonage's vendor and has not in years.
View user's profile Send private message
rebus
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Dec 04, 2004
Posts: 448
Location: Tampa Bay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad you brought up this issue. I've been a Vonage subscriber for more than 5 years, and within the past 2 weeks started having the same problem. The person at the far end of the call says I'm cutting in and out so badly, they cannot make out enough of what I'm saying to be intelligible.

Hanging up and calling back usually (but not always) solves the problem.

ISP doesn't matter. I have both FIOS and Road Runner at home, and have used the Vonage TA with both. Bandwidth is plentiful, especially on FIOS with 25 Mbps up/down.

I was wondering if the CLEC handling the local exchange (XO, in my case) is having another problem-- they've been problematic in the past and it took several exchanges with Tier 3 support, who in turn communicated with XO, to dig out the root cause as a faulty T-1 at XO's end.

But now that you've raised the same problem, I'm wondering if it's a Vonage issue.
View user's profile Send private message
kevinsickles
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Dec 21, 2004
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having the same problem, I have Fios, Any additional info from Vonage?
View user's profile Send private message
RLMetheny
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate


Joined: Dec 19, 2008
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Call Quality for a loooong time in SoCA - Time Warner Reply with quote Back to top

Hi
I have 2 Vonage lines and they are on my Time Warnet Cable Modem.

Speed Tests range 21 to 32 mps up, and 1.17 to 1.82 mbps down.
I called roadrunner and they resaet the modem, but calls are still choppy.

This has been a constant problem but has been much worse recently.

I'm about ready to call AT&T and go back to regular phone service. We run a business out of the house and I end up needing to use the cell because the choppy Vonage lines are so bad my customers say "call back when you get it fixed".
I also have "communication errors" receiving faxes now.

Set up:
TW Cable thru their modem (replaced new within the last year)
to Vonage VDV21-VD two line router
to D-Link DIR-655 Wireless router
and to two new Uniden 4096 2-Line DECT 6.0 base units
with each line split and going to each phone so that both lines are as line 1 & 2 on each base unit and handset.
View user's profile Send private message
mzkhadir
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Jan 20, 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Quality for a loooong time in SoCA - Time Warner Reply with quote Back to top

RLMetheny wrote:
Hi
I have 2 Vonage lines and they are on my Time Warnet Cable Modem.

Speed Tests range 21 to 32 mps up, and 1.17 to 1.82 mbps down.
I called roadrunner and they resaet the modem, but calls are still choppy.

This has been a constant problem but has been much worse recently.

I'm about ready to call AT&T and go back to regular phone service. We run a business out of the house and I end up needing to use the cell because the choppy Vonage lines are so bad my customers say "call back when you get it fixed".
I also have "communication errors" receiving faxes now.

Set up:
TW Cable thru their modem (replaced new within the last year)
to Vonage VDV21-VD two line router
to D-Link DIR-655 Wireless router
and to two new Uniden 4096 2-Line DECT 6.0 base units
with each line split and going to each phone so that both lines are as line 1 & 2 on each base unit and handset.


Dlink DIR-655 have tons of issues per the Dlink forums. They are continiously sending beta firmware plus reboot issues with DIR-655. I have one also and I have issues with it too
View user's profile Send private message
mhouser08
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate


Joined: Jul 28, 2008
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Quality for a loooong time in SoCA - Time Warner Reply with quote Back to top

mzkhadir wrote:
RLMetheny wrote:
Hi
I have 2 Vonage lines and they are on my Time Warnet Cable Modem.

Speed Tests range 21 to 32 mps up, and 1.17 to 1.82 mbps down.
I called roadrunner and they resaet the modem, but calls are still choppy.

This has been a constant problem but has been much worse recently.

I'm about ready to call AT&T and go back to regular phone service. We run a business out of the house and I end up needing to use the cell because the choppy Vonage lines are so bad my customers say "call back when you get it fixed".
I also have "communication errors" receiving faxes now.

Set up:
TW Cable thru their modem (replaced new within the last year)
to Vonage VDV21-VD two line router
to D-Link DIR-655 Wireless router
and to two new Uniden 4096 2-Line DECT 6.0 base units
with each line split and going to each phone so that both lines are as line 1 & 2 on each base unit and handset.


Dlink DIR-655 have tons of issues per the Dlink forums. They are continiously sending beta firmware plus reboot issues with DIR-655. I have one also and I have issues with it too


I have 1 Vonage line and the same router. I have the Vonage device in the Dlinks DMZ and have the same issue. Did you get your problem fixed. I am thinking also of switching to a phone company.
View user's profile Send private message
RLMetheny
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate


Joined: Dec 19, 2008
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Quality for a loooong time in SoCA - Time Warner Reply with quote Back to top

mhouser08 wrote:


I have 1 Vonage line and the same router. I have the Vonage device in the Dlinks DMZ and have the same issue. Did you get your problem fixed. I am thinking also of switching to a phone company.


I reset the cable (TW) modem by unpluging for 10+ seconds and rebooting the modem.
That seems to have fixed t for now

I spoke with a Vonage Tech and he had me do a constant ping test and watch as we were on the line and you could see when there were huge packet loss gaps and that's when the line cut out.
Anything over 100ms is an issue.

Run cmd
ping -t -l 800 www.yahoo.com

Make sure to include the spaces before the hyphens and the 800 and the www. ; then watch the ping response times, probably between 15 and 30 milliseconds (ms).
When you hear the gaps in the phone line you should see corresponding large ping times, like over 100; mine were over 1000.

I am getting a new modem from TWC
View user's profile Send private message
mzkhadir
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Jan 20, 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Quality for a loooong time in SoCA - Time Warner Reply with quote Back to top

mhouser08 wrote:
mzkhadir wrote:
RLMetheny wrote:
Hi
I have 2 Vonage lines and they are on my Time Warnet Cable Modem.

Speed Tests range 21 to 32 mps up, and 1.17 to 1.82 mbps down.
I called roadrunner and they resaet the modem, but calls are still choppy.

This has been a constant problem but has been much worse recently.

I'm about ready to call AT&T and go back to regular phone service. We run a business out of the house and I end up needing to use the cell because the choppy Vonage lines are so bad my customers say "call back when you get it fixed".
I also have "communication errors" receiving faxes now.

Set up:
TW Cable thru their modem (replaced new within the last year)
to Vonage VDV21-VD two line router
to D-Link DIR-655 Wireless router
and to two new Uniden 4096 2-Line DECT 6.0 base units
with each line split and going to each phone so that both lines are as line 1 & 2 on each base unit and handset.


Dlink DIR-655 have tons of issues per the Dlink forums. They are continiously sending beta firmware plus reboot issues with DIR-655. I have one also and I have issues with it too


I have 1 Vonage line and the same router. I have the Vonage device in the Dlinks DMZ and have the same issue. Did you get your problem fixed. I am thinking also of switching to a phone company.


Same issues still. If it doesn't work in the next week, I am going to return the router and try a different one.
View user's profile Send private message
RLMetheny
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate


Joined: Dec 19, 2008
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mzkhadir

Where do you have the 655?
Before or after th eVonage device?

Randy
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Vonage Service Plans


Vonage VoIP Members
Members List Members
New ahovtzGabe
New Today 3
Yesterday 1
Total 98578

Who Is On Site
Visitors 90
Members 1
Total 91


Vonage VoIP Forum Members:
Login Here
Not a Member? You can Register Here
As a registered member you will have access to the VoIP Speed Test, Vonage Service Announcements and post comments in the
Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage Stock Price
Value: 6.68
Change:   N/A
Up to 15 Minute Delay

Site Search
 






†AK and HI residents pay $29.95 shipping. ††Limited time offer. Valid for residents of the United States (&DC), 18 years or older, who open new accounts. Offer good while supplies last and only on new account activations. One kit per account/household. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, promotions or plans and is not applicable to past purchases. Good while supplies last. Allow up to 2 weeks for shipping. Other restrictions may apply.

1Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.

2Shipping and activation fees waived with 1-year agreement. An Early Termination Fee (with periodic pro-rated reductions) applies if service is terminated before the end of the first 12 months. Additional restrictions may apply. See Terms of Service for details.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET REQUIRED. †VALID FOR NEW LINES ONLY. RATES EXCLUDE INTERNET SERVICE, SURCHARGES, FEES AND TAXES. DEVICE MAY BE REFURBISHED. If you subscribe to plans with monthly minutes allotments, all call minutes placed from both from your home and registered ExtensionsTM phones will count toward your monthly minutes allotment. ExtensionsTM calls made from mobiles use airtime and may incur surcharges, depending on your mobile plan. Alarms, TTY and other systems may not be compatible. Vonage 911 service operates differently than traditional 911. See www.vonage.com/911 for details.

** Certain call types excluded.

www.vonage-forum.com is not an official Vonage support website & is independently operated.
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All comments are property of their posters.
All other www.vonage-forum.com content is © Copyright 2002 - 2013 by 4Sight Media LLC.

Thinking of signing up for Vonage but have questions?
Business and Residential customers can call Toll Free 24 hours a day at: 1-888-692-8074
No Vonage Promotion Code or Coupon Codes are required at www.vonage.com to receive any special,
best Vonage cheap deals, free sign up offers or discounts.

[ | | | | | ]

Vonage Forum Site Maps

Vonage | VoIP Forum | How VoIP Works | Wiring and Installation Page Two | International Rate Plans 2 | Internet Phone
Promotion | Vonage Review | VoIP | Broadband Phone | Free Month | Rebate | Vonnage | Vontage | VoIP | Phone Service
Phone | llamadas ilimitadas a Mexico | Latest News | VoIP Acronyms | Deal | Philippines Globe Phone | Site Maps

The Vonage Forum provides the Vonage sign up Best Offer Promotion Deal.
If you are considering signing up for Vonage and have found our Vonage News, Customer Reviews, Forums
& all other parts of this site useful, please use our Vonage Sign up page.


Vonage VoIP Phone Service is redefining communications by offering consumers
& small business VoIP Internet phones, an affordable alternative to traditional phone service.
The Vonage VoIP Forum Generated This Page In: 0.79 Seconds and 152 Pages In The Last 60 Seconds
The Vonage VoIP Forum