In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Jan 29, 2016 at 01:49:14

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage
VonTechMgr
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is no case or need for 60 day in advance notice. TOS clearly states this.

5.9 Changes to Service Plans
Your service plan includes terms and conditions such as monthly service allowances and features, and the charges associated with those allowances and features, all as described in the materials made available to you on your subscription date. You acknowledge that your service plan is also subject to these Terms of Service. Our service is subject to our business policies, practices and procedures, which we can change at any time without notice. Unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, we can also change the terms and conditions of your service plan (such as features and prices) at any time, with or without notice. If we do give you notice, it may be provided on your monthly bill, in a newsletter, in a mailing, by e-mail, or other communication permitted under applicable law.
Pyramid3
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Gotta go Reply with quote Back to top

kamnet wrote:

Did you talk to a Vonage account manager about your bill before you decided to leave? If they didn't mention it, Vonage offers a special Unlimited "Step Up" plan for $14.99/mo - everything that the $24.99/mo unlimited plan offers. Being a 4.5 year subscriber you should qualify for this.

I did call them about this. They claimed to know nothing about it. Nada. Their only recommendation was to give me a 10% discount if I prepaid the entire year.
vondage
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

VonTechMgr wrote:
There is no case or need for 60 day in advance notice. TOS clearly states this.

butterman wrote:
Looks like it is going up.

I logged in to my account today and saw this service announcement:

Effective December 1, 2008, the monthly price of our Basic Residential 500 Minutes Plan increased from $14.99 to $17.99 for all new customers who sign up with Vonage. Beginning in December existing customers on the plan will be notified a minimum of 60 days prior to their plan price increasing. Depending on when you signed up for the plan, your notification and price increase date will vary.

Despite what the TOS states, I was only referring to the announcement that butterman saw. If Vonage was telling customers that they were going to give a minimum of 60 days notice then why the inconsistency here?
kamnet
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Gotta go Reply with quote Back to top

Pyramid3 wrote:
kamnet wrote:

Did you talk to a Vonage account manager about your bill before you decided to leave? If they didn't mention it, Vonage offers a special Unlimited "Step Up" plan for $14.99/mo - everything that the $24.99/mo unlimited plan offers. Being a 4.5 year subscriber you should qualify for this.

I did call them about this. They claimed to know nothing about it. Nada. Their only recommendation was to give me a 10% discount if I prepaid the entire year.

The name of it (as it shows up in my billing panl) is " $14.99 Residential Premium Unlimited 12 Month Step Up Plan". I'm surprised that they offered it to me, a person who didn't have any immediate plans about leaving the service, but are not offering it to retain people who clearly are upset by the rate change and are looking to bolt.
vondage
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Gotta go Reply with quote Back to top

kamnet wrote:
Pyramid3 wrote:
kamnet wrote:

The name of it (as it shows up in my billing panl) is " $14.99 Residential Premium Unlimited 12 Month Step Up Plan". I'm surprised that they offered it to me, a person who didn't have any immediate plans about leaving the service, but are not offering it to retain people who clearly are upset by the rate change and are looking to bolt.

I just got off the phone with a CS manager in their cancellations department after telling them I wanted to cancell.
Before completing the cancellation request I complained about not getting a full 60 days notice she put me on hold to check
and she said my rate increase would be reflected in March instead of February.
I then asked if there were any other plans she could offer me and she said they had the Unlimited Step Up plan for $14.99 for one year.
I also asked if I would be charged the plan change fee of $9.99 and she offered to waive it.
So for about 15 minutes on the phone I get an unlimited plan for $14.99 for one year.
Pyramid3
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok thanks for the update.
KenH
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Vonage: thanks for the memories Reply with quote Back to top

Satisfied Vonage customer of 4-years (until today).

Over the past six months I have considered other Voip providers in an attempt to reduce residential phone costs. Some were less expensive, but I never found one that had as many features and was as reliable as Vonage.

Today, I learned of the Vonage rate increase on dslreports.com - no e-mail yet from Vonage. I called Vonage CS and was told that I should have received an e-mail. I told her that, because of increase, I was unhappy and would pursue other options. She didn't offer any alternative plans or pricing (this will probably take place when I cancel, but then it will be too late - it is too late).

I just signed up for VOIPO service. Getting unlimited service for less than Vonage's 500 min. plan.

ATA will be shipped today. Hope they live up to all the glowing reviews on DSLreports.

x-posted on dslreports.com
Pyramid3
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which, if you had Roadrunner + Digital cable + Voip is roughly the same price. Now the challenge for me, one which I think is insurmountable, is to convince the powers that be to give up their existing email address.
ed56
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pyramid3 wrote:
Which, if you had Roadrunner + Digital cable + Voip is roughly the same price. Now the challenge for me, one which I think is insurmountable, is to convince the powers that be to give up their existing email address.

Be careful of cable bundles, they are usualy for a certain periodof time, after which the price can (and probably does) go up.

On the other hand, you are locked in for the price (and the service) for the contract period.

Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ed56 wrote:
On the other hand, you are locked in for the price (and the service) for the contract period.

Be careful of that too though. Many triple-play TOS agreements say that prices can fluctuate during a contract.

I can honestly say I'm none too thrilled that my monthly fee is going from $14.99 to $17.99 a month when I don't talk on the phone all that often. However, the fact of the matter is I really enjoy Vonage overall. It is cost beneficial to me even if it does go up $3/month. I'm still not spending $40 with AT&T and the service is reliable for me.