Sign up
 Vonage  

       
 
Vonage Forum Menu

Vonage Forums
Vonage VoIP Forum
Bruafekkay Posted:
agreed drab
individual, large
if the hamlet is
not provided with
the requisite
...

In The Forum:
Vonage V-Phone & SoftPhone
Topic:
mauersteine 50x50 unsparing
On Dec 07, 2016 at 20:07:45

tplink Posted:
Im trying to add
my HT802 vonage
adapter to my home
network. I
currently have
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
Vonage behind switch
On Dec 05, 2016 at 06:35:11

DWSupport Posted:
After recent
Vonage update that
took place on the
4th and 5th of
Nov. E-mails with
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Voicemail Not Forwarding to Outlook Accounts
On Nov 10, 2016 at 12:23:26

peterlee Posted:
Had a call from a
Hospital in Ajax,
Ontario to my home
in
Scarborough, Onta
rio
...

In The Forum:
Vonage Canada
Topic:
Hospital Incoming call unable to connect
On Nov 08, 2016 at 11:59:50

TELLDOUG Posted:
I am looking for a
product that will
make my phone ring
louder so I can
hear using
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Looking for a ringer ameliorate
On Oct 26, 2016 at 09:21:30

HildBeft Posted:
You can recollect
password by
connecting the
router to your pc
and open the
browser
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01


Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal



Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review



Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006



Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review



Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months




Vonage Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage
Author Message
tglea
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Nov 22, 2006
Posts: 433
Location: Nebraska

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a little shocked. I can't believe they are raising the rates for existing customers. I agree that it isn't fair to lock someone into a contract and then be able to raise the price on them. Even the cell phone companies don't do that. There has to be a way to let people out of their contracts if they don't agree to the price increase. I'm still curious to see what happens to my account. I pay $14.99 a month but it is the promotional unlimited step up plan. I thought I would be safe but now I'm not so sure.

_________________
Cox: 9Mbps/800kbps
Router: D-Link DI-624
Vonage: V-Portal
View user's profile Send private message
kamnet
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master


Joined: Sep 12, 2005
Posts: 229
Location: Mt. Sterling, KY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure that we'll see a couple of complaints lodged with a state attorney general's office if a <2 yr customer is issued a cancellation fee due to the price increase.
View user's profile Send private message
tech313
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate


Joined: Sep 25, 2008
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: OMGG Reply with quote Back to top

OMGGGGG!!! say it ain't so Confused Gimme a break!! YES Vonage will increase the rate from 14.99 to 17.99 FOR EVERYONE!! good luck getting at&t to beat that... Everyone with Vonage be sure to call and complain.. I know thats what I want for Christmas Lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
kamnet
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master


Joined: Sep 12, 2005
Posts: 229
Location: Mt. Sterling, KY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you are reading this and still don't understand why this is bad, here's a reason:

One of Vonage's competitors (another Voip provider, not a cableco or telco) is offering unlimited service with nearly all of the features that Vonage offers for $199/year, one-year contract required. You pay the year up-front, but it breaks down to $16.58/mo. For a limited time, if you buy one year of service they will give you a second year of service for free. Over 24 months that would be $8.29/mo. They also give you a 2nd phone extension.

So at a time when Vonage's competitors can offer twice the service for half the price of Vonage's 500 min/mo plan, Vonage is raising rates. This coming on the heels of Vonage's SEC statements which show that Vonage made a profit in the last quarter and has a restructured debt package which will allow it to continue to make a profit while paying down debt. Last quarter Vonage reported that the average cost of services per subscriber is $7.20/mo. For the 500 min/mo plan Vonage was making a profit of $7.79 per customer. This will now push that profit to $10.79 per customer without giving those customers any additional value for their service.

It may, however, pay for more television and online advertising. In this past quarter Vonage spent $65 million in marketing expenses to bring in 9500 new customers. That's a shocking $6842 PER NEW CUSTOMER. Compare that to 4th Quarter 2007 when Vonage spent $61 million to bring in 56,000 new customers - $1089 per new customer. In fact, Vonage has spent $193 million in fiscal 2008 to bring in 44,500 new customers. Compare this to 3rd quarter 2007 when Vonage spent $222 million for 323,000 new customers. In Fiscal 2007 the average cost of converting over a new customer was $744, sofar for Fiscal 2008 it is $4337 per customer.

If you still don't understand all that gibberish, here's the bottom line: Vonage is going to spend almost as much money this year on advertising as they did last year, but sofar their growth has fallen nearly 700%. Unless Vonage can find 311,000 new customers between now and December 31, Vonage will have blown a LOT of money ($258 million) for very little return.
View user's profile Send private message
ed56
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Jun 08, 2007
Posts: 832

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kamnet wrote:

This coming on the heels of Vonage's SEC statements which show that Vonage made a profit in the last quarter.


Actually Vonage lost $8 million last quarter, but made $15 million from operations only (before advertising and marketing.)

It is true that Vonage's marketing cost per new customer is and has alway been high, over $200.00. If you read or listen to the earnings call, you will note that the advertising program is being revamped.

BTW, Vonage brought in 238,400 new customers, but with churn only had a 9,460 net increase. Marketing cost per gross subscriber line addition was $272.24.

Is Vonage a price leader or follower, which to me is the more important question. It will be interesting to see what their "stronger" competitors do in light of this increase.

_________________
Time Warner Road Runner / Motorola SB5101 Cable Modem / Lniksys E2000 / Vonage VDV21

Last edited by ed56 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:27 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message
trekologer
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Dec 04, 2005
Posts: 350

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kamnet wrote:
One of Vonage's competitors (another Voip provider, not a cableco or telco) is offering unlimited service with nearly all of the features that Vonage offers for $199/year, one-year contract required. You pay the year up-front, but it breaks down to $16.58/mo. For a limited time, if you buy one year of service they will give you a second year of service for free. Over 24 months that would be $8.29/mo. They also give you a 2nd phone extension.


If you go to said competitors forum on another website you'll find that even the die-hard supporters are now saying that the constant service problems are becomming too much to handle. This is a change from the general consensus that the low price mitigates the service problems ("it doesn't work all the time but at least the price is low").

I certainly don't know about you, but I don't have those problems. To use the slogan from Mr. Poppel, you can "set it and forget it". I moved into my current residence about a year and a half ago, set up my TA and have never had a problem. It might be about $10 more that "that other guy' (Vonage also has an unlimited plan which brings the price to around $20 / month -- making the difference less) but the service working and not having to keep fiddling with is well worth it.
View user's profile Send private message
kamnet
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master


Joined: Sep 12, 2005
Posts: 229
Location: Mt. Sterling, KY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

trekologer wrote:
If you go to said competitors forum on another website you'll find that even the die-hard supporters are now saying that the constant service problems are becomming too much to handle. This is a change from the general consensus that the low price mitigates the service problems ("it doesn't work all the time but at least the price is low").


True, there are always people who discuss how the service isn't to their liking, and how they constantly have this issue or that, or never got the service to work, and that customer service is a joke. Just a quick look over the forums here could easily lead a new individual to believe Vonage is mostly junk, rife with problems and not worth switching away from their local telco just to save a few dollars. The further out you stray on the Internet, the worse the talk about Vonage sounds.

Quote:
I certainly don't know about you, but I don't have those problems. To use the slogan from Mr. Poppel, you can "set it and forget it". I moved into my current residence about a year and a half ago, set up my TA and have never had a problem. It might be about $10 more that "that other guy' (Vonage also has an unlimited plan which brings the price to around $20 / month -- making the difference less) but the service working and not having to keep fiddling with is well worth it.


I agree, the only issues I've ever had with Vonage were related to the router/TA that I was sent, one just three months into my service and the other happening just last week (and still continuing, although I was promised that they've now fixed the issue by changing a setting in my router). Thus the main reason that I've never looked to switch from Vonage.
View user's profile Send private message
kamnet
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master


Joined: Sep 12, 2005
Posts: 229
Location: Mt. Sterling, KY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ed56 wrote:
BTW, Vonage brought in 238,400 new customers, but with churn only had a 9,460 net increase.


Is that Q3 2008, or FY 2008?
View user's profile Send private message
ed56
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Jun 08, 2007
Posts: 832

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kamnet wrote:
ed56 wrote:
BTW, Vonage brought in 238,400 new customers, but with churn only had a 9,460 net increase.


Is that Q3 2008, or FY 2008?


Q3 2008

................................................Three Months Ended
......................................................September 30
..............................................................2008

Gross subscriber line additions.........238,430
Net subscriber line additions................9,460

see http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m4PRN/is_2008_Nov_6/ai_n30974897/pg_3?tag=artBody;col1

_________________
Time Warner Road Runner / Motorola SB5101 Cable Modem / Lniksys E2000 / Vonage VDV21
View user's profile Send private message
ed56
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Jun 08, 2007
Posts: 832

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kamnet wrote:
trekologer wrote:
If you go to said competitors forum on another website you'll find that even the die-hard supporters are now saying that the constant service problems are becomming too much to handle. This is a change from the general consensus that the low price mitigates the service problems ("it doesn't work all the time but at least the price is low").


True, there are always people who discuss how the service isn't to their liking, and how they constantly have this issue or that, or never got the service to work, and that customer service is a joke. Just a quick look over the forums here could easily lead a new individual to believe Vonage is mostly junk, rife with problems and not worth switching away from their local telco just to save a few dollars. The further out you stray on the Internet, the worse the talk about Vonage sounds.

Quote:
I certainly don't know about you, but I don't have those problems. To use the slogan from Mr. Poppel, you can "set it and forget it". I moved into my current residence about a year and a half ago, set up my TA and have never had a problem. It might be about $10 more that "that other guy' (Vonage also has an unlimited plan which brings the price to around $20 / month -- making the difference less) but the service working and not having to keep fiddling with is well worth it.


I agree, the only issues I've ever had with Vonage were related to the router/TA that I was sent, one just three months into my service and the other happening just last week (and still continuing, although I was promised that they've now fixed the issue by changing a setting in my router). Thus the main reason that I've never looked to switch from Vonage.


The churn at Vonage is horrible, and supposedly they know why and are trying to fix it (see my post at http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic23461.html)

Still, I believe that the "value" customer, as Vonage calls them, will jump to a cheaper service at a drop of a hat, just as they jumped to Vonage (for the most part, these are the folks who complain about the cancellation fee.) Bundling by the cable companies has hurt as well. Additionally, the move to wireless for all of one's telecom needs seems to be continuing, hurting all of the wired services.

_________________
Time Warner Road Runner / Motorola SB5101 Cable Modem / Lniksys E2000 / Vonage VDV21
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Vonage Service Plans


Vonage VoIP Members
Members List Members
New emilymf11
New Today 3
Yesterday 9
Total 99038

Who Is On Site
Visitors 88
Members 0
Total 88


Vonage VoIP Forum Members:
Login Here
Not a Member? You can Register Here
As a registered member you will have access to the VoIP Speed Test, Vonage Service Announcements and post comments in the
Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage Stock Price
Value: 6.81
Change:   N/A
Up to 15 Minute Delay

Site Search
 






†AK and HI residents pay $29.95 shipping. ††Limited time offer. Valid for residents of the United States (&DC), 18 years or older, who open new accounts. Offer good while supplies last and only on new account activations. One kit per account/household. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, promotions or plans and is not applicable to past purchases. Good while supplies last. Allow up to 2 weeks for shipping. Other restrictions may apply.

1Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.

2Shipping and activation fees waived with 1-year agreement. An Early Termination Fee (with periodic pro-rated reductions) applies if service is terminated before the end of the first 12 months. Additional restrictions may apply. See Terms of Service for details.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET REQUIRED. †VALID FOR NEW LINES ONLY. RATES EXCLUDE INTERNET SERVICE, SURCHARGES, FEES AND TAXES. DEVICE MAY BE REFURBISHED. If you subscribe to plans with monthly minutes allotments, all call minutes placed from both from your home and registered ExtensionsTM phones will count toward your monthly minutes allotment. ExtensionsTM calls made from mobiles use airtime and may incur surcharges, depending on your mobile plan. Alarms, TTY and other systems may not be compatible. Vonage 911 service operates differently than traditional 911. See www.vonage.com/911 for details.

** Certain call types excluded.

www.vonage-forum.com is not an official Vonage support website & is independently operated.
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All comments are property of their posters.
All other www.vonage-forum.com content is © Copyright 2002 - 2013 by 4Sight Media LLC.

Thinking of signing up for Vonage but have questions?
Business and Residential customers can call Toll Free 24 hours a day at: 1-888-692-8074
No Vonage Promotion Code or Coupon Codes are required at www.vonage.com to receive any special,
best Vonage cheap deals, free sign up offers or discounts.

[ | | | | | ]

Vonage Forum Site Maps

Vonage | VoIP Forum | How VoIP Works | Wiring and Installation Page Two | International Rate Plans 2 | Internet Phone
Promotion | Vonage Review | VoIP | Broadband Phone | Free Month | Rebate | Vonnage | Vontage | VoIP | Phone Service
Phone | llamadas ilimitadas a Mexico | Latest News | VoIP Acronyms | Deal | Philippines Globe Phone | Site Maps

The Vonage Forum provides the Vonage sign up Best Offer Promotion Deal.
If you are considering signing up for Vonage and have found our Vonage News, Customer Reviews, Forums
& all other parts of this site useful, please use our Vonage Sign up page.


Vonage VoIP Phone Service is redefining communications by offering consumers
& small business VoIP Internet phones, an affordable alternative to traditional phone service.
The Vonage VoIP Forum Generated This Page In: 0.72 Seconds and 482 Pages In The Last 60 Seconds
The Vonage VoIP Forum