On Oct 05, 2014 at 15:28:26

eltonlight Posted:
Is this supported
by Iphone6? I am
just curious.

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Use with iPhone, and switch to data-only plan?
On Sep 24, 2014 at 05:06:04

Jesse641 Posted:
Hi, I have Skype
installed on PC,
but I use it
mainly to talk for
free. Otherwise

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Click to call iPhone App
On Sep 06, 2014 at 13:27:05

UncleDuck Posted:
The quality of
voicemail has
deteriorated to
the point that it
requires listening

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Voicemail Quality and Playback Issues
On Aug 19, 2014 at 17:20:01

Snack Posted:
On a wired
connection, just
connect the Vonage
to the ethernet
port of the hotel

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Using Vonage in a hotel
On Aug 06, 2014 at 19:22:31

Bill18164 Posted:
In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Voicemail Problem
On Jul 24, 2014 at 22:15:20

justwarner Posted:
In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Jul 24, 2014 at 07:44:54

adamnmurad Posted:
I talk very, very
infrequently on
the phone. I'm
thinking of
switching to a
data-only

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Use with iPhone, and switch to data-only plan?
On Jul 21, 2014 at 14:29:35

szurcsii Posted:
Hey! I'm
planning to build
my own voip alarm
system. I found a
guide that looks

In The Forum:
Fax - Tivo - Alarms
Topic:
Alarm systems and VOIP
On Jun 27, 2014 at 01:09:10

DSewhuk Posted:
The last week I
have seen a
similar issue. I
have gotten 2
simultaneous calls
outbound

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Outbound calls showing when no call is being made
On Jun 11, 2014 at 23:25:10

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage
pvvoip
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Keeping Old Phone Number Inexpensively Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of people still have our old phone number and we would like to keep it for now, but we don't want it to be our primary line. We have a new number with Vonage that we are only giving to certain people, so we don't get calls that we don't want.

We did not cancel our old phone service yet and are thinking about keeping our old number. The problem is, we don't want to keep our old phone company just for the number since they are so expensive. Now I know we can just downgrade to the local calling plan, but that is still expensive. It will even be over Vonage's $24.99 service!

We don't want to pay another $24.99 with Vonage if we are only going to be making a few outgoings calls and receive incoming. We will probably be using less than 100 minutes a month. We are looking for something that is inexpensive, such as $15 a month or less.

Does Vonage have a Pay by the Minute plan that they don't advertise? Again, I'm looking for the most inexpensive solution.

I appreciate any replies.
sethook
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Vonage has a Residential Basic 500 Minutes Plan for $14.99 a month. Check out their web page for the different plans they offer.
holler
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Account Hold Reply with quote Back to top

Vonage has an account hold plan at $4.99 per month. Its like pay by minute, every call will be charged 3.9 cents per minute. No free minutes in this plan, incoming calls are free.
VonTechMgr
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could have it ported to Vonage on the 14.99 plan for starters and then request to have it converted into a Virtual number once the port completes. This way your only paying 4.99 a month for the Virtual number and if you only need it for incoming calls for those who still have this number, it would solve your issue.

This would only work if you keep the Vonage issued number as your primary number for outbound calling, give it to a few people for incoming, and use the Virtual number for incoming calls from the others who already have it.
roscopco
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it still possible to have it as a virtual number now since they already have Vonage?
VonTechMgr
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. If they chose to keep the line they have as the primary at 14.99 and wanted to only keep the old number for incoming, it could be a Virtual number. They would have to chose the option to add additional line to their device from web account, select keep phone number, select 14.99 plan, and do the ELOA for LNP. Once the port completes they would call into Vonage and request for the number to be made into a Virtual number which would then drop it down to 4.99

Not an option if they want to be able to call from this number.
mundy5
Member of the Week
Member of the Week

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did exactly that. I ported the number and then retained my old number as the virtual number. In pvvoip's case, the number must be ported and the current Vonage number retained as a virtual number and then call CSR and have them reverse it.

then you have a $14.99 for your Vonage # and then $4.99 for your old #.

great deal.

Router: Linksys RT31P2 (blew up during electrical storm)
pvvoip
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Account Hold Reply with quote Back to top

The account hold plan looks like the best option. I port my number to Vonage and put it on the account hold plan. It will be a second line and cost $4.99 a month with unlimited incoming calls and outgoing calls will be charged by the minute. Am I understanding it correctly?
mundy5
Member of the Week
Member of the Week

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, the virtual number plan is best since the outgoing calls all are charged to your main number. the virtual number simply forwards all calls to your main number.

I don't see the need to use the number hold feature.

Router: Linksys RT31P2 (blew up during electrical storm)
pvvoip
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The thing is, I don't want the calls to be forwarded to our new phone. I want the old number to be separate. If I just wanted them to be forwarded, I would have just ported the number.