Sign up
 Vonage  

       
 
Vonage Forum Menu

Vonage Forums
Vonage VoIP Forum
MichaelMub Posted:
PORN...
In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
The best pron
On Dec 04, 2016 at 10:22:56

Dwightkaw Posted:
kredyt bez
zaświadcze
24; kredyt bez
zaświadcze
24; o dochodach
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
kredyt bez zaświadczeń
On Dec 03, 2016 at 03:27:10

Kevingrarl Posted:
Су
95;ас&
#1085;иl
1;
пі
76;пр&
#1080;&
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Сучас&
On Dec 02, 2016 at 12:51:38

IsaawUnace Posted:
does cialis work
as well as cialis
add.cgi buy
cialis cialis
the team <a
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Condition good pill instead of ed
On Dec 01, 2016 at 11:11:59

MatrickVop Posted:
buy cialis today
columbus oh
generic cialis
buy cialis online
registered users
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Classify miserly pills no means
On Nov 28, 2016 at 10:42:47

dracossumo Posted:
Ко
84;па&
#1085;иn
3; Tritel
пр
77;до
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
&#1048;&#1085;&#1090;&#1077;&#1088;&
On Nov 27, 2016 at 23:00:39

DWSupport Posted:
After recent
Vonage update that
took place on the
4th and 5th of
Nov. E-mails with
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Voicemail Not Forwarding to Outlook Accounts
On Nov 10, 2016 at 12:23:26

peterlee Posted:
Had a call from a
Hospital in Ajax,
Ontario to my home
in
Scarborough, Onta
rio
...

In The Forum:
Vonage Canada
Topic:
Hospital Incoming call unable to connect
On Nov 08, 2016 at 11:59:50

TELLDOUG Posted:
I am looking for a
product that will
make my phone ring
louder so I can
hear using
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Looking for a ringer ameliorate
On Oct 26, 2016 at 09:21:30

HildBeft Posted:
You can recollect
password by
connecting the
router to your pc
and open the
browser
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49


Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal



Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review



Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006



Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review



Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months




Vonage Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage
Author Message
jkherth
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Jun 08, 2006
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Jitter can fall in the yellow Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say, when this test was run, my bandwidth was rather low. It is tipical for it to be around 4mps.

MyVoIPSpeed (tm) 6.0c NOC Professional - http://www.myspeed.com - © 1999-2006 Visualware
java=Sun Microsystems Inc. Java 1.5.0_06
client=Windows XP 5.1 x86
url=http://205.234.111.151/
server=Visualware MyVoIPSpeed Server NOC Edition 6.0c
SID=null
Beginning test, ip=205.234.111.151, port=UDP-20000...
Found server, sending data...
Finished test, obtaining results...
max pause=175 ms
DOWNLOADED 3,078,140 bytes in 8015 ms (3,072,376 bps) SZ=104857600 F1=301492 F2=0 EX=101477968
[0,1603) = 798,532 bytes (3,985,187 bps)
[1603,3206) = 791,765 bytes (3,951,416 bps)
[3206,4809) = 456,108 bytes (2,276,271 bps)
[4809,6412) = 485,188 bytes (2,421,399 bps)
[6412,8015) = 546,546 bytes (2,727,615 bps)
QOS=57% (456108/798532)
UPLOADING via mss.upload.port=20001
socket buffers: snd=65536 rcv=8192
UPLOADED 323,128 bytes in 7080 ms (365,112 bps)
286 ms
122 ms
140 ms
RTT=122/182 (/205.234.111.151:80)
MSSID=1625
Asking JavaScript to eval 'mss(3072376,365112,57,122,175)'
View user's profile Send private message
Julianp
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Jun 03, 2006
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Jitter can fall in the yellow Reply with quote Back to top

jkherth wrote:
I have to say, when this test was run, my bandwidth was rather low. It is tipical for it to be around 4mps.

MyVoIPSpeed (tm) 6.0c NOC Professional - http://www.myspeed.com - © 1999-2006 Visualware
java=Sun Microsystems Inc. Java 1.5.0_06
client=Windows XP 5.1 x86
url=http://205.234.111.151/
server=Visualware MyVoIPSpeed Server NOC Edition 6.0c
SID=null
Beginning test, ip=205.234.111.151, port=UDP-20000...
Found server, sending data...
Finished test, obtaining results...
max pause=175 ms
DOWNLOADED 3,078,140 bytes in 8015 ms (3,072,376 bps) SZ=104857600 F1=301492 F2=0 EX=101477968
[0,1603) = 798,532 bytes (3,985,187 bps)
[1603,3206) = 791,765 bytes (3,951,416 bps)
[3206,4809) = 456,108 bytes (2,276,271 bps)
[4809,6412) = 485,188 bytes (2,421,399 bps)
[6412,8015) = 546,546 bytes (2,727,615 bps)
QOS=57% (456108/798532)
UPLOADING via mss.upload.port=20001
socket buffers: snd=65536 rcv=8192
UPLOADED 323,128 bytes in 7080 ms (365,112 bps)
286 ms
122 ms
140 ms
RTT=122/182 (/205.234.111.151:80)
MSSID=1625
Asking JavaScript to eval 'mss(3072376,365112,57,122,175)'


I need some time to analyze this unfortunately to do a thorough review takes a good hour or two. I will endeavour to do that but it will need to be later in the week. A quick review does show the core of a problem:

max pause=175 ms <=== note 1
DOWNLOADED 3,078,140 bytes in 8015 ms (3,072,376 bps) SZ=104857600 F1=301492 F2=0 EX=101477968
[0,1603) = 798,532 bytes (3,985,187 bps) <==== note 2
[1603,3206) = 791,765 bytes (3,951,416 bps) <==== note 2
[3206,4809) = 456,108 bytes (2,276,271 bps) <==== note 2
[4809,6412) = 485,188 bytes (2,421,399 bps) <==== note 2
[6412,8015) = 546,546 bytes (2,727,615 bps) <==== note 2
QOS=57% (456108/798532)
UPLOADING via mss.upload.port=20001
socket buffers: snd=65536 rcv=8192
UPLOADED 323,128 bytes in 7080 ms (365,112 bps)
286 ms <==== note 3
122 ms
140 ms
RTT=122/182 (/205.234.111.151:80)

Note 1:
The Max Pause is high, Max Pause is the maximum pause recorded when there was no data transmitted. Your tick resolution is 1ms and ideally you hope to see data sent every 1ms or 2ms. The audit shows that there was at least one period of 175ms where no data was sent. There may be more than one. To clarify this point look at the first 100ms to the test itemised below

the headings for the 3 columns are 1=millisecond timer, 2=bytes sent, 3=count of bytes sent

3 8112 1<<eg at 3ms 8112 bytes sent 1 times
5 4056 1<<2ms gap
6 4056 1<<1ms gap
7 4056 1<<1ms gap
41 4056 1<<34ms gap - not good!!!
44 4056 1<<3ms
49 4056 1<<5 ms
68 4056 1<<19ms
72 4056 1<<4ms
78 4056 1<<6ms
86 4056 1<<8ms
91 4056 1<<5ms

In the first 100ms the largest gap was 34ms (more importantly 30%) obviously 175ms is even bigger (big enough to cause abreak in the voice). To put in in perspective the detail above shows that

64896 bytes in 100ms = 5mbps (64896*8(bits)*10(per second))

But later there was 175ms (almost twice as long) when your network was unable to send any data when it should have been able to send at least 120k of data. This reflects in the summary stats above with notes 2 & 3

Note 2 The first 3.2 seconds nearly 4mbps, the last 4.8 only 2.5mbps (almost half as much data)

Note3 A slow RTT of 286, then a fast RTT of 122 (again the best part 100% difference).

The key is to find a pattern if one exists. In other words if you compare each 1000ms (1 second) of the test is there a common uniform pattern to the gap delays; if there is then it implies that it is by design i.e. a throttle process going on. Strangely I had that in the airport today I was on a wireless network and I was getting very poor service downloading a large 20mb email so I ran a test (in fact several tests). I quickly saw a pattern of 3 seconds of 3 mbit followed by 8 seconds of <0.3mbit repeated over and over again. What the airline network was doing was time multiplexing my connection and sharing the bandwidth accross all the users in the club lounge. I will do an analysis of the detail later to see if there is a pattern when I have some spare cycles, sorry for this delay. I hope this makes some sense.
View user's profile Send private message
jkherth
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Jun 08, 2006
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Jitter can fall in the yellow Reply with quote Back to top

Very good. Most, I have to admit, when over my head, But it sounds like you have the knowledge to get to the root of the problem. If you need anything from me, let me know.

Thanks for all you help.
View user's profile Send private message
JimBob
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Feb 27, 2006
Posts: 33
Location: MidWest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Is the server broken again Reply with quote Back to top

The Vonage Voip Forum server does not seem to be able to stand up to the load!

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 6277984 bps
Upload speed: 723112 bps
Quality of service: -- %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum download pause: 250 ms
Average download pause: 4 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 52 ms
Average round trip time to server: 191 ms

Voip test statistics
--------------------
Jitter you --> server: - ms
Jitter server --> you: - ms
Packet loss you --> server: - %
Packet loss server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 100.0 %
Number of supported Voip lines: 9
Estimated MOS score: --

_________________
JimBob
View user's profile Send private message
dconnor
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: Mar 05, 2003
Posts: 2263
Location: The Beach

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Is the server broken again Reply with quote Back to top

JimBob wrote:
The Vonage Voip Forum server does not seem to be able to stand up to the load!

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 6277984 bps
Upload speed: 723112 bps
Quality of service: -- %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum download pause: 250 ms
Average download pause: 4 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 52 ms
Average round trip time to server: 191 ms

Voip test statistics
--------------------
Jitter you --> server: - ms
Jitter server --> you: - ms
Packet loss you --> server: - %
Packet loss server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 100.0 %
Number of supported Voip lines: 9
Estimated MOS score: --


I am not sure how you are coming up with that diagnoses there, jimbob.

It appears to be working just fine:


Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 2221080 bps
Upload speed: 1851824 bps
Quality of service: 22 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum download pause: 664 ms
Average download pause: 7 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 20 ms
Average round trip time to server: 24 ms

Voip test statistics
--------------------
Jitter you --> server: 7.4 ms
Jitter server --> you: 9.2 ms
Packet loss you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss server --> you: 0.9 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Number of supported Voip lines: 24
Estimated MOS score: 4.0

_________________
Have Questions? Need to speak to Vonage before signing up?
Call: 1-888-692-8074
Both Business and Residential customers can call and speak to a Vonage Sales Rep 24 hours a day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Julianp
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Jun 03, 2006
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the server broken again Reply with quote Back to top

dconnor wrote:
JimBob wrote:
The Vonage Voip Forum server does not seem to be able to stand up to the load!

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 6277984 bps
Upload speed: 723112 bps
Quality of service: -- %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum download pause: 250 ms
Average download pause: 4 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 52 ms
Average round trip time to server: 191 ms

Voip test statistics
--------------------
Jitter you --> server: - ms
Jitter server --> you: - ms
Packet loss you --> server: - %
Packet loss server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 100.0 %
Number of supported Voip lines: 9
Estimated MOS score: --


I am not sure how you are coming up with that diagnoses there, jimbob.

It appears to be working just fine:


Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 2221080 bps
Upload speed: 1851824 bps
Quality of service: 22 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum download pause: 664 ms
Average download pause: 7 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 20 ms
Average round trip time to server: 24 ms

Voip test statistics
--------------------
Jitter you --> server: 7.4 ms
Jitter server --> you: 9.2 ms
Packet loss you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss server --> you: 0.9 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Number of supported Voip lines: 24
Estimated MOS score: 4.0


The server for trace 2021 shows that there was a firewall blocking issue for UDP.

MyVoIPSpeed (tm) 6.0c NOC Professional - http://www.myspeed.com - © 1999-2006 Visualware
java=Sun Microsystems Inc. Java 1.5.0_06
client=Windows XP 5.1 x86
url=http://205.234.111.151/
server=Visualware MyVoIPSpeed Server NOC Edition 6.0c
SID=null
Beginning test, ip=205.234.111.151, port=UDP-20000...
The voice-over-IP test server could not be found. Your firewall configuration is probably currently preventing you from using voice-over-IP. <a href=help://voip/firewall.html>Click here for more information</a>.
Server is not responding - is your Internet connection up?
tickres=1 ms

The following TCP speed test was fine and all other Jitter tests before and after were fine. Can you try again to see if you get the same error.
View user's profile Send private message
wondataw
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Jun 05, 2006
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Unabale to make call sometimes Reply with quote Back to top

Location : Rochester, NY
ISP Road Runner, time warner cable
Modem: Toshiba cable modem model PCX1100U
Vonage adapter: LINKSYS RT31P2
connection: modem-->vonage adapter-->PC

Most of the time there is a dial tone but when I dial different numbers I get a busy signal. At this time I checked the speed and it is
download: 6.5 Mbps
upload : 51.4 kbps
QoS : 90%
RTT : 27 ms
MaxPause: 117 ms

and another test
download: 3.4Mbps
upload : 130 kbps
QoS : 60%
RTT : 22 ms
MaxPause: 120 ms

When the phone works the speed test is

download: 6.83 Mbps
upload: 300 kbps
QoS: 99%
RTT : 25 ms
MaxPaus: 106 ms

This problem started occurring recently and it happens like twice a week. I have been using Vonage for almost two years with no problem until recently. I greatly appreciate any suggestions on this matter.

Thank you
View user's profile Send private message
navydavy2001
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>


Joined: May 26, 2005
Posts: 1125
Location: United States

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Download 12,760,400 bps
Upload 2,136,336 bps
QOS 91%
RTT 16 ms
MaxPause 79 ms

Looks good to me, Dan.

_________________
http://www.thejeffriestube.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NJITgrad
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Feb 28, 2006
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Download 11,972,768 bps
Upload 1,885,480 bps
QOS 88%
RTT 18 ms
MaxPause 161 ms

testmyvoip.com will rate QoS for you as well.
View user's profile Send private message
Julianp
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Jun 03, 2006
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Unabale to make call sometimes Reply with quote Back to top

wondataw wrote:
Location : Rochester, NY
ISP Road Runner, time warner cable
Modem: Toshiba cable modem model PCX1100U
Vonage adapter: LINKSYS RT31P2
connection: modem-->vonage adapter-->PC

Most of the time there is a dial tone but when I dial different numbers I get a busy signal. At this time I checked the speed and it is
download: 6.5 Mbps
upload : 51.4 kbps
QoS : 90%
RTT : 27 ms
MaxPause: 117 ms

and another test
download: 3.4Mbps
upload : 130 kbps
QoS : 60%
RTT : 22 ms
MaxPause: 120 ms

When the phone works the speed test is

download: 6.83 Mbps
upload: 300 kbps
QoS: 99%
RTT : 25 ms
MaxPaus: 106 ms

This problem started occurring recently and it happens like twice a week. I have been using Vonage for almost two years with no problem until recently. I greatly appreciate any suggestions on this matter.

Thank you


The problem is almost certainly linked to the degradation in the upload performance. 51k versus 300k is a factor of 6. This data shows bandwidth metrics only do you have the testid number so I can review the UDP test results and/or the TCP audit log. A max pause consistently over 100ms is not an issue unless it is 'regular', I need to examine just how many TCP gaps there are and whether there is a pattern to the gaps.
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Vonage Service Plans


Vonage VoIP Members
Members List Members
New gaylemv3
New Today 2
Yesterday 8
Total 99011

Who Is On Site
Visitors 82
Members 0
Total 82


Vonage VoIP Forum Members:
Login Here
Not a Member? You can Register Here
As a registered member you will have access to the VoIP Speed Test, Vonage Service Announcements and post comments in the
Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage Stock Price
Value: 6.57
Change:   N/A
Up to 15 Minute Delay

Site Search
 






†AK and HI residents pay $29.95 shipping. ††Limited time offer. Valid for residents of the United States (&DC), 18 years or older, who open new accounts. Offer good while supplies last and only on new account activations. One kit per account/household. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, promotions or plans and is not applicable to past purchases. Good while supplies last. Allow up to 2 weeks for shipping. Other restrictions may apply.

1Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.

2Shipping and activation fees waived with 1-year agreement. An Early Termination Fee (with periodic pro-rated reductions) applies if service is terminated before the end of the first 12 months. Additional restrictions may apply. See Terms of Service for details.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET REQUIRED. †VALID FOR NEW LINES ONLY. RATES EXCLUDE INTERNET SERVICE, SURCHARGES, FEES AND TAXES. DEVICE MAY BE REFURBISHED. If you subscribe to plans with monthly minutes allotments, all call minutes placed from both from your home and registered ExtensionsTM phones will count toward your monthly minutes allotment. ExtensionsTM calls made from mobiles use airtime and may incur surcharges, depending on your mobile plan. Alarms, TTY and other systems may not be compatible. Vonage 911 service operates differently than traditional 911. See www.vonage.com/911 for details.

** Certain call types excluded.

www.vonage-forum.com is not an official Vonage support website & is independently operated.
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All comments are property of their posters.
All other www.vonage-forum.com content is © Copyright 2002 - 2013 by 4Sight Media LLC.

Thinking of signing up for Vonage but have questions?
Business and Residential customers can call Toll Free 24 hours a day at: 1-888-692-8074
No Vonage Promotion Code or Coupon Codes are required at www.vonage.com to receive any special,
best Vonage cheap deals, free sign up offers or discounts.

[ | | | | | ]

Vonage Forum Site Maps

Vonage | VoIP Forum | How VoIP Works | Wiring and Installation Page Two | International Rate Plans 2 | Internet Phone
Promotion | Vonage Review | VoIP | Broadband Phone | Free Month | Rebate | Vonnage | Vontage | VoIP | Phone Service
Phone | llamadas ilimitadas a Mexico | Latest News | VoIP Acronyms | Deal | Philippines Globe Phone | Site Maps

The Vonage Forum provides the Vonage sign up Best Offer Promotion Deal.
If you are considering signing up for Vonage and have found our Vonage News, Customer Reviews, Forums
& all other parts of this site useful, please use our Vonage Sign up page.


Vonage VoIP Phone Service is redefining communications by offering consumers
& small business VoIP Internet phones, an affordable alternative to traditional phone service.
The Vonage VoIP Forum Generated This Page In: 0.76 Seconds and 581 Pages In The Last 60 Seconds
The Vonage VoIP Forum