How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage UK
NUTTER123
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Why does vonage have so many problems with 1 number? Reply with quote Back to top

Could it be their equipment causing me the probllems i'm having or whatever? For the last 2 months (and i've had this exact same problem before) I have a particulair number in the states I call. Virtually every night. I get a lot (and I do mean a lot) 30 times just this morning I got the same message. I get a lines are temporarirly busy please try again later 0106 (I apologise if my spelling's bad btw) Razz I get that message so much and it's been escalated to engineers at least twice in about a month. I do get through sometimes and usually have no problems but when I don't..........it's horrible. Could it be vonage's equipment causing me problems? I have their dlink vwr router. I don't want to leave the company as Vonage meets what I need. Free calls to the US but there comes a point where I can't take too much more.
Arthur_lw
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Why does vonage have so many problems with 1 number? Reply with quote Back to top

NUTTER123 wrote:
Could it be their equipment causing me the probllems i'm having or whatever? For the last 2 months (and i've had this exact same problem before) I have a particulair number in the states I call. Virtually every night. I get a lot (and I do mean a lot) 30 times just this morning I got the same message. I get a lines are temporarirly busy please try again later 0106 (I apologise if my spelling's bad btw) Razz I get that message so much and it's been escalated to engineers at least twice in about a month. I do get through sometimes and usually have no problems but when I don't..........it's horrible. Could it be vonage's equipment causing me problems? I have their dlink vwr router. I don't want to leave the company as Vonage meets what I need. Free calls to the US but there comes a point where I can't take too much more.

You might try doing a couple tests here:

http://myvoipspeed.visualware.com/

I would do one to London and one to say, Chicago, and copy and paste the results here. Perhaps that way we can see if it's your setup or Vonage that is the problem.

Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is the london result:

This report refers to a connection test carried out by IP address [hidden] on 03-Mar-2008 18:29:25 using the applet.

Download speed 1925 Kbps (socket test)
Upload speed 246 Kbps (socket test)
Quality of service 99 %
Maximum delay 47 ms
Round trip time 28 ms
Upstream jitter 3.6 ms
Upstream packet loss 0 %
Upstream packet order 100 %
Upstream discards 0 %

and this was the chicago:

Download speed 1262 Kbps (socket test)
Upload speed 245 Kbps (socket test)
Quality of service 5 %
Maximum delay 674 ms
Round trip time 126 ms
Upstream jitter 0.1 ms
Upstream packet loss 0 %
Upstream discards 0 %
Downstream jitter 0.8 ms
Downstream packet loss 0 %
Downstream packet order 100 %
Downstream discards 0 %

My setup is a dlink VWR Vonage router and a NETDEAR DG834G and my ISP is aquiss (uk based)

I first had these problems with the specific phone number middle of june last year but very quickly got sorted. Now it's been going on for a solid 2 months but only managed to get it reported a few weeks ago (due to time constraints and what not) Their engineers are STILL investigating at least 3 weeks later (surely it doesn't take that long) in the mean time while my problems have been ongoing i've had to use my other non Vonage line to make the calls I need to and that's brought my other line bill up to at least £125 (that's including the VAT) Vonage issued me with a month's credit but that comes nowhere near enough covering what i've already paid in calls using the other line. I feel i'm banging my head against a brick wall. Also I offered in exchange for the monthly credit I asked if they could supply me with:

http://www.vonage.co.uk/device.php?type=DLINKVTAGURU

That would cover the monthly credit and I wouldn't mind doing that but they're more or less not letting me giving it a go and they insist it's not my or their equipment so.............

P.S. I have the person's cell/mobile number and i've never had a problem with that but it's her home line causing me the problems. 30 times this morning I got the 0106 message (I counted) and her line was free so..........................
Arthur_lw
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NUTTER123 wrote:
This is the london result:

This report refers to a connection test carried out by IP address [hidden] on 03-Mar-2008 18:29:25 using the applet.

Download speed 1925 Kbps (socket test)
Upload speed 246 Kbps (socket test)
Quality of service 99 %
Maximum delay 47 ms
Round trip time 28 ms
Upstream jitter 3.6 ms
Upstream packet loss 0 %
Upstream discards 0 %

and this was the chicago:

Download speed 1262 Kbps (socket test)
Upload speed 245 Kbps (socket test)
Quality of service 5 %
Maximum delay 674 ms
Round trip time 126 ms
Upstream jitter 0.1 ms
Upstream packet loss 0 %
Upstream discards 0 %
Downstream jitter 0.8 ms
Downstream packet loss 0 %
Downstream packet order 100 %
Downstream discards 0 %

My setup is a dlink VWR Vonage router and a NETDEAR DG834G and my ISP is aquiss (uk based)

I first had these problems with the specific phone number middle of june last year but very quickly got sorted. Now it's been going on for a solid 2 months but only managed to get it reported a few weeks ago (due to time constraints and what not) Their engineers are STILL investigating at least 3 weeks later (surely it doesn't take that long) in the mean time while my problems have been ongoing i've had to use my other non Vonage line to make the calls I need to and that's brought my other line bill up to at least £125 (that's including the VAT) Vonage issued me with a month's credit but that comes nowhere near enough covering what i've already paid in calls using the other line. I feel i'm banging my head against a brick wall. Also I offered in exchange for the monthly credit I asked if they could supply me with:

http://www.vonage.co.uk/device.php?type=DLINKVTAGURU

That would cover the monthly credit and I wouldn't mind doing that but they're more or less not letting me giving it a go and they insist it's not my or their equipment so.............

P.S. I have the person's cell/mobile number and i've never had a problem with that but it's her home line causing me the problems. 30 times this morning I got the 0106 message (I counted) and her line was free so..........................

Here are my London results from the Dallas Texas area:

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 9179624 bps
Upload speed: 3384928 bps
Quality of service: 87 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum download pause: 88 ms (This one's yellow.)
Average download pause: 3 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 135 ms
Average round trip time to server: 136 ms

Voip test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 5.1 ms
Jitter: server --> you: off
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: off
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Number of supported Voip lines: 21
Estimated MOS score: 4.1

Dallas to Chicago:

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 15268928 bps
Upload speed: 15284120 bps
Quality of service: 97 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum download pause: 29 ms
Average download pause: 1 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 34 ms
Average round trip time to server: 34 ms

Voip test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 0.3 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 3.5 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Number of supported Voip lines: 94
Estimated MOS score: 4.2

On the ramp thingy for my London test it seems to be sayiing that you need 1000kbps to even start to get in the green. I'll wait for the techies to jump in here, but it seems that you need greater speed and/or bandwidth. Maybe your call service is dicey and unpredictable due to not having enough muscle from your ISP....

For what it's worth, I tried pinging www.bbc.co.uk and got an average of 121 ms, so the distance should't be a problem. I can ping a company in Sydney and get 200+ ms and still it sounds like calling next door when talking to someone there by Voip phone.

Last edited by Arthur_lw on Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
NUTTER123
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Constant 2MB connection. (download in the 230's) Never have a problem with line being choppy or anything like that. Don't get me wrong I do get through to the number OK sometimes and when I do the quality and sound is absolutely perfect (OK with a slight delay but that's to be expected with Voip) I'll wait for the tecchies to come in as you say. Razz

I also when i'm forced to swap to my other line to make the calls I always get through first time but that's pretty costly as it's my landline. It's in oklahoma where the other person's based and i'm in the UK.

P.S. That's a prety fast download speed you got there. Wanna swap? Wink Razz
Arthur_lw
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NUTTER123 wrote:
P.S. That's a prety fast download speed you got there. Wanna swap? Wink Razz

I'm afraid that instead of telling me I sound like I'm calling from next door they will be telling me it sounds like two tin cans and a string. Lol (just kidding)

Well, with 2Megs -- and I assume you mean both up and down -- why is one of your speeds about 1/8 of that? It was that 245Kbps that I wondered about. Now granted this speed thingy seems to read your speed slower than it is supposed to be over distance (ergo why I went back and posted my Chicago score). But you do have a serious difference in speeds up vs. down.

Once when that happened to me I called my ISP's tech support and they told me I had a bad router and sent out a replacement. I have no idea if that is your solution, but maybe asking tech support to test your connectilon would be the way to go, and not even mention Voip so they can quick get out the finger and start pointing away. Wink

Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Just Letting You Know... Reply with quote Back to top

A little P.S. here: I used to have 2megs up speed also, and I had no problems calling Australia -- and I deedn't need no steenkin speed tests either Lol ; so you should have no problem placing reliable calls to Oklahoma or anywhere else for that matter. Assuming of course that you are really being provided with that speed and your equipment is working properly, that is....

Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Speed Test Reply with quote Back to top

I should have thought to post this sooner, but this is a pretty good speed test that I use to keep my ISP honest. It has nothing to do with Voip per se, but it's a good place to go and see if you have a reliable internet connection, which of course is the starting point for any successful phoning over the 'net.
http://www.speedtest.net/
If you wish you can post your speed results here by clicking on the Copy button next to the forum link at the test site and then in this box where you compose your post just right click and select paste. Your results will then be visible here as a link thusly: