In The Forum:
Vonage UK
Topic:
Vonage messes up date/time on Panasonic DECT phone
On Oct 22, 2014 at 09:41:43

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
Techs
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: 646 Stll Out over 24hrs Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 646 NYC area code and I am physically in North Jersey just outside NYC. The problem started Friday with the ghost calls for hours. Saturday morning all calls were forwarding after 1 ring to my forwarded number or people get a "not in service" notice when they call. I logged in and enabled and disabled forwording and still it forwards. The odd this is that my second line works fine, but I only use that for incoming fax. I use my first line for business. I just lucky it is the weekend. If this is still happening tomorrow I will have serious problems. But even though Vonage is run my incompetent screwup(including their patent stealing founder), I think it will be up by then.

Vonage will be doomed as soon as a portable competitor comes into the market. I would be gone already if i could take my cable phone box to other locations. Get your act together with at least half ass tech support as they dont even have half ass techs at this point. Oh and Vonage we need to understand what the hell they are saying! It is obvious they read from a freaking script and a 5 year old child can do their job better. This is no joke. It is that bad. If I ran my business like that, I would be out of business. That is exactly where Vonage is headed with all this crap we the "Valued" customers have to deal with.
Vonage do you sense a bit of frustration? Well...I AM PISSED AT YOUR CRAPPY SERVICE. Its a constant battle with you people.
By they way My Cable phone line has NEVER gone down yet. So anyone who doesnt need to physically move there Vonage box from one location to another should be on cable. Free yourself of Vonage. GO CABLE!
sag
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: no service in NYC on sunday 12/16 Reply with quote Back to top

still no service on the system as of sunday 12/16 at noon EST

we are in NYC and down since friday.

are there others in this leaky boat?
XPLSV
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: 719 Back Up Reply with quote Back to top

I've got my 719 back up this morning: dial tones, outgoing and incoming calls. If you read my initial post, I had started to change adapters when I came across the outage on this forum. Well...my old adapter did not work (which was a concern as I was changing routers) and I had not been able to get the old adapter to work (possibly the outage or the old adapter) nor add the new adapter, through last night. This morning, the old adapter still would not register but I had no problems adding the new adapter and the service came right up. When I tried to add the new adapter via the Vonage website yesterday and the day before, I had received an error message on the last step of activating the new adapter and moving my line on my current account.
Techs
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Starting to get 646 back Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 646 number and am located just ouside NYC in NJ. Most calls are now getting through but some are still forwarding and some are getting out of service message.
I am probably getting 75% of the calls at this point. I guess thats better than the 0% I had earlier.
I guess there is some hope at this point that i will be at 100% by morning so it wont affect my work.
ed56
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: no service in NYC on sunday 12/16 Reply with quote Back to top

sag wrote:
still no service on the system as of sunday 12/16 at noon EST

we are in NYC and down since friday.

are there others in this leaky boat?

Current Service Annoucement is:

Service Announcements
Certain customers may be experiencing an issue with no dial tone, having trouble registering their device or feature settings not taking effect. We are aware of this situation and are currently working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Some lines have already been repaired and your device may just need a reboot. Feature settings may take up to 24 hours to take effect. We will continue to update this website with additional information. We are sorry for the inconvenience

Please note the statement "Some lines have already been repaired and your device may just need a reboot"

When I got my service back I noted that the "power" LED was no longer flashing green, but was solid red. I disconnectd the power and re-attached the power (reboot?), and had service.

Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: power outage - I'm back up! Reply with quote Back to top

Phew,
I have phone service again (for the moment)
Now to wait and see how long it continues. Wink

SMC Router now in front of the RTP300.
What more information is helpful?
Smile
Vonage Voip Analysis
Given your current Internet speeds, we estimate that your Internet connection can support a max
pdhenry
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interestingly, I never lost Vonage at all (except for a few hours today when the cable went out in the ice storm). 717 AC in PA.
matterh0rn
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So.. Vonage seems to be working but not all the time. Occasionally I pick up the phone and there is no dial tone. And I am still getting occasional phantom phone calls. But it's not as bad as friday night/Saturday morning. I was kept up ALL night. I had to turn my phones off.

I really hope that they straighten this problem out. I also wish they kept us updated. The 3 line announcement on their web site isn't enough.

VERY FRUSTRATING!!
jasperaxle
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Works ok for the most part Reply with quote Back to top

Far western Chicago suburbs and I have ability to call out and receive calls. The only issue is my caller id on incoming calls is haywire. No caller id on my cordless phones. 2 dropped calls this morning (Sunday) I just signed my father up last week and of course this happens. He is affected more then I am so I'm going to request a service credit for him but wont hold my breath on getting it. Vonage customer service still has many miles to go in order to impress me.
missy1001
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Anyone Else Still Out of Service? Reply with quote Back to top

This is getting a bit ridiculous, over 48 hours and no service.. Is anyone else still without service? Does this happen often with Vonage service? Less than 14 days with Vonage and almost done with them... Ridiculous with no service for 2 going on 3 days now here in houston, texas