On Oct 05, 2014 at 15:28:26

eltonlight Posted:
Is this supported
by Iphone6? I am
just curious.

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Use with iPhone, and switch to data-only plan?
On Sep 24, 2014 at 05:06:04

Jesse641 Posted:
Hi, I have Skype
installed on PC,
but I use it
mainly to talk for
free. Otherwise

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Click to call iPhone App
On Sep 06, 2014 at 13:27:05

UncleDuck Posted:
The quality of
voicemail has
deteriorated to
the point that it
requires listening

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Voicemail Quality and Playback Issues
On Aug 19, 2014 at 17:20:01

Snack Posted:
On a wired
connection, just
connect the Vonage
to the ethernet
port of the hotel

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Using Vonage in a hotel
On Aug 06, 2014 at 19:22:31

Bill18164 Posted:
In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Voicemail Problem
On Jul 24, 2014 at 22:15:20

justwarner Posted:
In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Jul 24, 2014 at 07:44:54

adamnmurad Posted:
I talk very, very
infrequently on
the phone. I'm
thinking of
switching to a
data-only

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Use with iPhone, and switch to data-only plan?
On Jul 21, 2014 at 14:29:35

szurcsii Posted:
Hey! I'm
planning to build
my own voip alarm
system. I found a
guide that looks

In The Forum:
Fax - Tivo - Alarms
Topic:
Alarm systems and VOIP
On Jun 27, 2014 at 01:09:10

DSewhuk Posted:
The last week I
have seen a
similar issue. I
have gotten 2
simultaneous calls
outbound

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Outbound calls showing when no call is being made
On Jun 11, 2014 at 23:25:10

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
matt314159
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: WRTP54G stuck on 1.00.20 firmware-Won't Update Reply with quote Back to top

I tried to do my due diligence and search for the answer to this but so far I've found a few answers, but nothing's worked, and the threads i found that were similar to my issue have been locked due to nobody posting for 60 days.

I bought a WRTP54g router at Best buy a couple weeks ago, and after some odd problems (call waiting boots us off the call with the other person, weird things like that which never happened before) so i decided to check for a firmware upgrade and realized that the current is 1.00.62 while mine is stuck on 1.00.20 which from my reading is over 2 years out of date.

Here's what I have tried in attempts to get the router updated.

first I did the factory reset by holding the reset pin in for 30 seconds, then I disabled wireless. I attempted to access 192.168.15.1/update.html but the various passwords I had read about (user/tivonpw, and user/user) did not work.

So I decided to see if Vonage would just push the update if I left it alone, so I factory reset the router once again, disabled wireless, and left it connected to my cable modem for about 6 hours. Still at FW v1.00.20 with no indication that it's even trying to update.

It seems like it would be so simple to load the firmware myself except I can't get into that menu to allow me to do so. I have the .62 firmware image for it already downloaded to my computer, all I need to do is get by the username and password problem.

And I've heard people say that the "trick" is to log into the router first as admin, and THEN access the update page with the user/tivonpw password, but it still tells me invalid password.

I absolutely DESPISE calling Vonage for tech support, so i want to try to get this firmware updated on my own; I'm very technically proficient and I've done this type of stuff for many years.

If anybody can help me with this, I'll owe you a serious debt of gratitude. if there happens to be a thread that answers my question, by all means link me to it, I've read several but they told me to do the stuff that's listed above. I know what it's like to be a senior member of a forum and roll my eyes at the n00bs who just come in asking questions that have been answered 1,000 times over; Which in all liklihood is what I'm doing here, but for the life of me I can't find that one "magic" thread that hits my problem on the head. So anyway, thanks for going easy on me and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-matt

*edit...I just broke down and tried to call Vonage to get them to push me the upgrade manually like I've read some users doing, and the guy (also like I've heard from some users) told me that my device is up to date. Despite the fact that the 1.00.20 still shows on every page. So I don't think I'll get anywhere with them at any rate.

Last edited by matt314159 on Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darrell_G
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If disabling the wireless feature on the WRTP54G does NOT allow the device to auto update, you really have no other choice than calling Vonage tech support and having them update the device.
matt314159
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Darrell_G wrote:
If disabling the wireless feature on the WRTP54G does NOT allow the device to auto update, you really have no other choice than calling Vonage tech support and having them update the device.

I think I edited my post right when you were posting the response to me. What do I do if I call them and they tell me my device is up to date? He told me that the GUI just isn't showing the update, but that it is in fact, up to date. I call BS on that---or is it a legitimate possibility?
matt314159
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Argh, now I'm on the line and the agent is insisting that 1.00.20 is the most up-to-date version they have available for this device.

I have asked to be transferred to a higher-level tech support, but I'm not sure if that will do anything or not.

Sorry for double post, I just realized I hit the wrong button...i'm on the phone still.
Darrell_G
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, that sounds and smells like BS. If your firmware version is still showing version 1.00.20 when you login to the device and the first tier tech support person isn't helpful or misleading in getting you properly updated to at least version 1.00.62, ask to speak with someone in the States that is 2nd level tech support.
matt314159
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In an interesting turn of events, while I was holding to speak with the second level tech support, the power light on my router began to blink. If I'm not mistaken, that means it is in the process of receiving an update.

Prior to my last post, the agent had told me she would push an upgrade, and then told me to power-cycle the router. After it came back on, she told me that I now had the most current firmware. I told her that no, it was indeed still 1.00.20, and asked for a higher level tech to speak with. It was about 10 minutes later, while I was holding for a higher-level agent, that the power light began to blink.

When the same first-tier agent came back on the line, I told her this, and she laughed, saying that she is 100% certain that 1.00.20 is, in fact, the most current firmware for this device. I thanked her for her time, and ended the call, since it appears that my box is currently receiving AN update of some kind, whether the most current version or not, I'm not sure, but I think it should be.

I just find it funny that they would insist that 1.00.20 is the most current firmware version. Unless the joke's on me, but I'm pretty sure it's not.

*update*...while I was typing all this, the router finished its upgrade, and now shows 5.01.04. Which, if I'm not mistaken, may have just opened a competely new can of worms, as wasn't that upgrade one that gave users no end of trouble?
Darrell_G
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Version 5.01.04 is the most current firmwware for the WRTP54G. Test it for awhile and if it gives you any problems ask them to downgrade your firmware to version 1.00.62.
matt314159
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will do. I forget which post I saw, but I remember somebody complaining about it.

I will stick with what's on it for now and see how it runs. If we can use the internet and the phone works, I won't try to fix what ain't broke.

Before, there were just some weird things about the router. If we were on a call, and call-waiting beeped in, it would drop the call. When we dialed out, it had an unexplainable beep before the call went through, and occasionally the router would just lock up and we'd have to power-cycle it to get everything back going again.

We'll see how everythign runs now.

Thanks a lot for your help Darrell!
Darrell_G
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're correct...some users did have issues with firmware version 5.01.04 while others did not. Give it a day or two and see how it works for you. If you encounter any disconnects, the device rebooting or any other issues that you may think are related to your current firmware, have Vonage downgrade the firmware to 1.00.62.
plumpkatt1
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds like my story. They are tellin me that 1.00.18 is the most current. My router is locking from time to time.10 times since I bought this last saturday have I had to reboot this thing cause it was locking up.

I am arguing back and forth in email.I just called them on it and told them I want 1.00.62 and 1.00.18 is NOT the latest firmware.

I am no dummy as I am proficient in hacking cable modems and do networking for a living.

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 5847288 bps
Upload speed: 1912176 bps
Quality of service: 99 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum download pause: 21 ms
Average download pause: 3 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 27 ms
Average round trip time to server: 30 ms

Voip test statistics