How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
Pat1980
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Unable to leave POSITIVE FEEDBACK to vonage! Treated poorly! Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, this is a very ironic and darkly amusing story.

I loved (PAST tense) Vonage. I loved it whole-heartedly up until the last fifteen minutes. I thought "You know what, I really want to leave them feedback and let them know how much I appreciate their service and positive ways it has affected me."

So I spend half an hour searching their site, being sent in loops, trying to find SOME option that will let me just write them a note. Nothing.

I finally just call their customer service line. They kind of irked me by not having a simple feedback option- so, I'll just tell them myself, right?

Wrong. I get an agent, and I give my name, and then tell him "Hey, you didn't really need to take down all my account info. I just wanted to say that I think Vonage should have an option on their site for customers to leave positive feedback. I love Vonage, but they made it so hard for me to tell them that!"

In response, he says "Sir, can I have the account address just to verify?"

"Ummm, why do you need that?"

"Just for security reasons."

So I give it.

"Alright, and what can I help you with today?"

Ummmm... yeah, so, I told him AGAIN.

"Can you hold just one moment, please?"

Puts me on hold... then...

DIAL TONE.

He hung up on me.

I loveD Vonage. But thanks to this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE experience, ALL just because I wanted to TELL them I loved them... I think I kind of hate them. They're stupid (I'll be nice and just say stupid, but I'd like to say something stronger) to make it so that the people that love them most, that want to go OUT OF THEIR WAY to tell them... get kicked in the face.

You know, I just might end up canceling my account with Vonage after years of working with them because of this. I'm sorry, but living in the Southern US courtesy and politeness is VERY important to me and my family. When I sent positive feedback to Sobe once, they PERSONALLY called me back, said thankyou, chatted with me, and sent me free gifts even. I didn't want the gifts, but I deeply appreciated it. But when a company blatantly shows they don't give a care about you (and EACH customer service agent REPRESENTS the WHOLE COMPANY- so by him doing that, THEY hung up in the face of someone who loves Vonage and just wanted to SAY IT). Is this what the internet and globalisation is doing to customer service these days?

-Patrick
roscopco
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Go to this page Reply with quote Back to top

I went to vonage.com and scrolled to the bottom of the page to contact, I clicked on the link and it brought me to the contact page, there was a big icon for email or phone.

Here is the contact page, fill in the information you wanted to tell them.

http://vonage.com/help_contactUs.php
VoipFrus
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is a shame that someone put you through that. Maybe it was a new employee that was just trying to do things "by the book" since he is graded on every call. I know that is absolutely NO excuse for rude behavior and for not listening to you 100%, but please, don't let one bad experience ruin what you call extreeme happiness with a company.

Also, with him putting you on hold perhaps he was going to get a supervisor to speak with you. But again...had that been the case he should have without question phoned you back when the call dropped. I just can't see anyone hanging up on someone after receiving a compliment, so I would assume it was completely unintentional.
Pat1980
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the fellow was likely an overseas out-sourcing (as I know is very common now among companies), and he seemed to not know how to respond to me. He literally would -not- engage me in conversation. Also, I am aware of situations where an employee does not want to handle a time-consuming or awkward call and will 'accidentally' lose the call. I just got the feeling from the person that since I was asking something so 'off the book' I was an annoyance.

As for 'by the book'- he took my name and phone number, asked what the issue was... then, I told him the issue, and THEN he asked my address and afterwards... AGAIN asked what the issue was. In general, it was just a horrid experience.

As to the fellow who mentioned their site having easily accesible links to email/phone... firstly, your link posted is a dead end link to me. Secondly, I -seroiusly- looked. I looked at least eight times, logged into my account and looked there, logged out, and in... then looked five more times. Just now, I looked to double-check what you said- and still, no 'big icons' indicating email/phone. Of course, I tried phone. Razz All of the categories for contact are very specific- there is no option for 'feedback' or just 'comments'.
tophtml
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy
kamnet
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat1980 wrote:
As to the fellow who mentioned their site having easily accesible links to email/phone... firstly, your link posted is a dead end link to me.

It is an anti-spam feature of the forum. Ideally, they should just disable auto-URL linking if they're not going to use it, or at the very least clear this up on the page you're taken to.

Cut and paste the URL into your browser.

Pat1980 wrote:
Secondly, I -seroiusly- looked. I looked at least eight times, logged into my account and looked there, logged out, and in... then looked five more times. Just now, I looked to double-check what you said- and still, no 'big icons' indicating email/phone.

Just happened to look, went to the front page at vonage.com, found the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and it takes you to the URL that was posted. Across the top of the page, under the header, are the big icons (and they're HUGE, you can't miss them) that say "Start Here", "Email" and "Call".

Pat1980 wrote:
Of course, I tried phone. Razz All of the categories for contact are very specific- there is no option for 'feedback' or just 'comments'.

A lot of big companies do not, because people will abuse it for spam, or use it to complain about things which they should really contact customer service about.

If you really want to provide them with some positive feedback, the best way that you can do that is give them some free word-of-mouth advertising and tell your friends and family about it. I frequently run into people who constantly complain about how high their phone bills are, and I simply let them know that I am enjoying the same or better service for a 60% discount (and that's INCLUDING my broadband bill!).