Sign up
 Vonage  

       
 
Vonage Forum Menu

Vonage Forums
Vonage VoIP Forum
Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

James44 Posted:
Which network
connection do you
use?
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Wireless Access Point plugged into switch
On Jul 13, 2016 at 22:55:00

jjatsk Posted:
We are renting a
few offices right
next door to our
main building. I
have a wireless
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Wireless Access Point plugged into switch
On Jul 09, 2016 at 12:00:54

Pman Posted:
Hello, While
Vonage has been a
great service over
the years, it is
time to part
...

In The Forum:
LNP – Local Number Portability
Topic:
Cannot port phone number to new carrier - repeated failures
On Jul 05, 2016 at 09:12:07

jbugz67 Posted:
We recently
purchased 5
Polycom VVX 300
phones from
Vonage, and have
regretted
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Nothing but problems with VVX300
On Apr 15, 2016 at 14:58:07

RichardPi Posted:
Hello, does
anybody recollect
how to get into
wifi password from
diggings router?
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to arrive at wifi password?
On Mar 31, 2016 at 02:39:07

RichardPi Posted:
Hello, does
anybody know how
to get into wifi
watchword from
home router?
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to be noised abroad wifi password?
On Mar 30, 2016 at 18:48:05

achow26 Posted:
BrettaMan, I am
having the same
problem. I do not
have the loopback
plug. I tried
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
Vonage issue with USTec UX-226
On Feb 16, 2016 at 14:13:37

alicesmith Posted:
I have used the
PBX phone system
in my new office.
I was very
confused about
phone
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Jan 29, 2016 at 01:49:14


Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal



Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review



Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006



Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review



Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months




Vonage Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Stock
Author Message
preqtecfin
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Oct 20, 2007
Posts: 2
Location: US

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Go long or ignore: a value investors journey Reply with quote Back to top

During the next few months I plan to research VG for the purpose of determining when or if to make a longterm personal investment. I will share what I learn.

My Background: Telecommunications hardware design engineer for Nortel, Cisco and NEC circa late 80s and early 90s. Leading strategy consultant partner and key member of tech/telecom, financial services and private equity practices for ten years. Last 4 years independent private investor.

Biases: Investments are primarily MBO funds and direct venture capital. Public company investments are pre-profit, value oriented, long only, usually with leverage and focused. Love companies that are out of favor with the "market" (examples are RIM post its IPO and Continental after 9/11). I Have little interest in "analysts" other than to gain basic knowledge, non-factbased opinions, or repetition of readily-available public information.

Conflicts: I am a limited partner of Bain Capital which holds 2,943,196 shares of VG. Three accounts I directly manage for my children have collectively about 1,500 shares of VG.

Please post to any or all of the following questions.

Which financial analysts have the best research on industry and VG?
What market research houses have the best information on Voip industry?
Which legal or patent consulting firms have the best insight into current VG situation?
Can anyone come across data on the root cause of VG customer defections (ideally over time)?
Is there existing analysis of VG customer acquisition cost (especially fixed and variable components)?
Is there data on the cost of acquiring customers internally (sales and marketing) versus acquiring customers though the buyout of a competitor?
Where can I find data on churn rates and ideally propensity of VG customers to recommend the service (net promoter score)?

Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message
preqtecfin
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Oct 20, 2007
Posts: 2
Location: US

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FY2006 Data on total sub lines, gross adds and net adds is on page 47 of the 10-k.
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1272830/000119312507082917/d10k.htm

Terminations were 430,376 lines in FY2006 per pg. 24 of the 10-k (link above).

The Reuters report of 10/17/2007 ($20) contains analysis of publically disclosed financials to 6/30/07 only. See
https://commerce.us.reuters.com/purchase/addToCart.do?rrids=37240793&flow=ecommerce&rs=commerce_back
View user's profile Send private message
DigitalVoice
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master


Joined: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 162
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

preqtecfin wrote:
Can anyone come across data on the root cause of VG customer defections (ideally over time)?


The following is based on my personal assessment:

The data travels through the same wires as the web which is inherently unreliable, unpredictable, etc.

Hence every customers may experience different symptoms depending on their particular setup. Drop calls seem fairly common.

Vonage piggy backs on ISPs so a down (or crummy) ISP means a down telephone as well. ISPs and Vonage blame each other leaving the customer stranded without any recourse.

Variations in the customer install base hardware devices is a nightmare for tech support. This gets worse whenever Vonage releases a "new and better" router.

No 1 reason for defection: reliability, poor tech support.
View user's profile Send private message
fanninja
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior


Joined: Jun 01, 2006
Posts: 75

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Go long or ignore: a value investors journey Reply with quote Back to top

preqtecfin wrote:
During the next few months I plan to research VG for the purpose of determining when or if to make a longterm personal investment. I will share what I learn.

My Background: Telecommunications hardware design engineer for Nortel, Cisco and NEC circa late 80s and early 90s. Leading strategy consultant partner and key member of tech/telecom, financial services and private equity practices for ten years. Last 4 years independent private investor.

Biases: Investments are primarily MBO funds and direct venture capital. Public company investments are pre-profit, value oriented, long only, usually with leverage and focused. Love companies that are out of favor with the "market" (examples are RIM post its IPO and Continental after 9/11). I Have little interest in "analysts" other than to gain basic knowledge, non-factbased opinions, or repetition of readily-available public information.

Conflicts: I am a limited partner of Bain Capital which holds 2,943,196 shares of VG. Three accounts I directly manage for my children have collectively about 1,500 shares of VG.

Please post to any or all of the following questions.

Which financial analysts have the best research on industry and VG?
What market research houses have the best information on Voip industry?
Which legal or patent consulting firms have the best insight into current VG situation?
Can anyone come across data on the root cause of VG customer defections (ideally over time)?
Is there existing analysis of VG customer acquisition cost (especially fixed and variable components)?
Is there data on the cost of acquiring customers internally (sales and marketing) versus acquiring customers though the buyout of a competitor?
Where can I find data on churn rates and ideally propensity of VG customers to recommend the service (net promoter score)?

Thank you.


Hang on... you claim to be a limited partner of Bain Capital, yet you're posting on a public message board to gather investment research? This smells more than a little fishy to me, especially since the answer to at least two of your questions could be found by looking through Vonage's earnings reports (http://ir.vonage.com/results.cfm).
View user's profile Send private message
ShelChgo
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior


Joined: Feb 27, 2006
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
preqtecfin wrote:
During the next few months I plan to research VG for the purpose of determining when or if to make a longterm personal investment. I will share what I learn.

My Background: Telecommunications hardware design engineer for Nortel, Cisco and NEC circa late 80s and early 90s. Leading strategy consultant partner and key member of tech/telecom, financial services and private equity practices for ten years. Last 4 years independent private investor.

Biases: Investments are primarily MBO funds and direct venture capital. Public company investments are pre-profit, value oriented, long only, usually with leverage and focused. Love companies that are out of favor with the "market" (examples are RIM post its IPO and Continental after 9/11). I Have little interest in "analysts" other than to gain basic knowledge, non-factbased opinions, or repetition of readily-available public information.

Conflicts: I am a limited partner of Bain Capital which holds 2,943,196 shares of VG. Three accounts I directly manage for my children have collectively about 1,500 shares of VG.

Please post to any or all of the following questions.

Which financial analysts have the best research on industry and VG?
What market research houses have the best information on Voip industry?
Which legal or patent consulting firms have the best insight into current VG situation?
Can anyone come across data on the root cause of VG customer defections (ideally over time)?
Is there existing analysis of VG customer acquisition cost (especially fixed and variable components)?
Is there data on the cost of acquiring customers internally (sales and marketing) versus acquiring customers though the buyout of a competitor?
Where can I find data on churn rates and ideally propensity of VG customers to recommend the service (net promoter score)?

Thank you.


Hang on... you claim to be a limited partner of Bain Capital, yet you're posting on a public message board to gather investment research? This smells more than a little fishy to me, especially since the answer to at least two of your questions could be found by looking through Vonage's earnings reports (http://ir.vonage.com/results.cfm).


I was thinking the exact same thing and then I re-read his message. He's "LIMITED" PARTNER. That means he holds shares in the partnership. That does not mean he actively works for or with Bain. He's just an investor in the partnership. Limited partner shares are usually sold in blocks of $10K.

Sounds like someone who's just trying to pump up their resume to have some real credibility.
View user's profile Send private message
fanninja
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior


Joined: Jun 01, 2006
Posts: 75

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

preqtecfin wrote:
The Reuters report of 10/17/2007 ($20) contains analysis of publically disclosed financials to 6/30/07 only. See
https://commerce.us.reuters.com/purchase/addToCart.do?rrids=37240793&flow=ecommerce&rs=commerce_back


That's because VG hasn't yet released their Q3'07 financial results yet.
View user's profile Send private message
DigitalVoice
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master


Joined: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 162
Location: Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fanninja wrote:
preqtecfin wrote:
The Reuters report of 10/17/2007 ($20) contains analysis of publically disclosed financials to 6/30/07 only. See
https://commerce.us.reuters.com/purchase/addToCart.do?rrids=37240793&flow=ecommerce&rs=commerce_back


That's because VG hasn't yet released their Q3'07 financial results yet.


In retrospect.... it didn't matter. They are going broke and on track for a 2009 farewell.

Buy buy buy.
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Vonage Service Plans


Vonage VoIP Members
Members List Members
New JeffreyEr
New Today 0
Yesterday 2
Total 98573

Who Is On Site
Visitors 159
Members 0
Total 159


Vonage VoIP Forum Members:
Login Here
Not a Member? You can Register Here
As a registered member you will have access to the VoIP Speed Test, Vonage Service Announcements and post comments in the
Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage Stock Price
Value: 6.65
Change:   N/A
Up to 15 Minute Delay

Site Search
 






†AK and HI residents pay $29.95 shipping. ††Limited time offer. Valid for residents of the United States (&DC), 18 years or older, who open new accounts. Offer good while supplies last and only on new account activations. One kit per account/household. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, promotions or plans and is not applicable to past purchases. Good while supplies last. Allow up to 2 weeks for shipping. Other restrictions may apply.

1Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.

2Shipping and activation fees waived with 1-year agreement. An Early Termination Fee (with periodic pro-rated reductions) applies if service is terminated before the end of the first 12 months. Additional restrictions may apply. See Terms of Service for details.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET REQUIRED. †VALID FOR NEW LINES ONLY. RATES EXCLUDE INTERNET SERVICE, SURCHARGES, FEES AND TAXES. DEVICE MAY BE REFURBISHED. If you subscribe to plans with monthly minutes allotments, all call minutes placed from both from your home and registered ExtensionsTM phones will count toward your monthly minutes allotment. ExtensionsTM calls made from mobiles use airtime and may incur surcharges, depending on your mobile plan. Alarms, TTY and other systems may not be compatible. Vonage 911 service operates differently than traditional 911. See www.vonage.com/911 for details.

** Certain call types excluded.

www.vonage-forum.com is not an official Vonage support website & is independently operated.
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All comments are property of their posters.
All other www.vonage-forum.com content is © Copyright 2002 - 2013 by 4Sight Media LLC.

Thinking of signing up for Vonage but have questions?
Business and Residential customers can call Toll Free 24 hours a day at: 1-888-692-8074
No Vonage Promotion Code or Coupon Codes are required at www.vonage.com to receive any special,
best Vonage cheap deals, free sign up offers or discounts.

[ | | | | | ]

Vonage Forum Site Maps

Vonage | VoIP Forum | How VoIP Works | Wiring and Installation Page Two | International Rate Plans 2 | Internet Phone
Promotion | Vonage Review | VoIP | Broadband Phone | Free Month | Rebate | Vonnage | Vontage | VoIP | Phone Service
Phone | llamadas ilimitadas a Mexico | Latest News | VoIP Acronyms | Deal | Philippines Globe Phone | Site Maps

The Vonage Forum provides the Vonage sign up Best Offer Promotion Deal.
If you are considering signing up for Vonage and have found our Vonage News, Customer Reviews, Forums
& all other parts of this site useful, please use our Vonage Sign up page.


Vonage VoIP Phone Service is redefining communications by offering consumers
& small business VoIP Internet phones, an affordable alternative to traditional phone service.
The Vonage VoIP Forum Generated This Page In: 0.83 Seconds and 217 Pages In The Last 60 Seconds
The Vonage VoIP Forum