How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
joer
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup... here we go again... every 2 hours.
bobfromca
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been following this thread with interest. I got the forced update to 5.0104 last week and lost all communication with my 2 printers attached to my Linksys WRTP54G. Fortunately, my phone & internet still works.

Spent HOURS trying to figure the problem and then read this thread and realized it was not me but firmware on router. I called tech support - got bumped to level 2 support. He rolled back firmware to 1.06 and all was good for about a day... 5.01.04 was back. Called again... they rolled it back again and told me they blocked upgrades... lasted about 2 days... now 5. is back.... called again, she rolled me back to 1.06 and gave me instructions on how to do this myself (long instructions)... I told her I didn't want to go through this every day... she said it doesn't take that long, once I've done it a couple times... Come on! It's a router! Should be a set it and forget it device.

Now I will call again because I'm back to 5.01.04... and printers don't work again... this is very wrong... I'll keep reading here for any fixes and if I find one will post back.
Synergy2
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Voice line #1 went down today after a year of no problems. Just dead. No dial tone. Nothing. Fax line works fine as does my internet connection. Reset the cable modem and the router. No change. Called support. After changing phones and going through the power down reset procedure again, we tried to reset to factory default with the reset button on the back of the router. No change. Then we got into the 195.168.15.1 and tried to reset. When the tech gave me the password to reset, it was not accepted. Tried several times. Finally he told that the router was defective and I should get a new one. I went out to Best Buy and dropped $70+ for a new one, but haven't opened it yet. Found this form when I did a search on the router model #. Just checked my firmware and found I too have 5.01.04. I'll try to get support again to get them to roll back the update.
sharifsm
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am having the same problems, support cannot help me, I am cancelling my service and going to land line. I work from home in the IT field and a net connection is very important, rather spend $$$ and have a reliable connection. My prediction 2 years Vonage will be out of business.
Synergy2
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just talked with Michael at Customer Service and requested a roll-back to 1.00.62. He did it and problem is solved. He said that they were just discussing the firmware problem and they are working on a solution. Also he suggested that if my problem repeats, that I check the firmware version and, if necessary, request a roll-back again. He said he would e-mail me when they have a permanent fix.
skyscraper
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've spent 22 hours on the phone with Tech Support since my first symptoms Sep 18. Here's what I did that you can try. It'll take less time than a typical Tech Support call to India or New Jersey.

Once you either have Vonage roll back firmware (you don't have to)or simply powercycle (both adapter and modem off for at least 3mins) all your hardware again to get up and running again (temporarily), go into the adapter utility (http://192.168.15.1 then admin/admin if you've never used it before or did a factory reset) and under "Status" select the "Voice" tab.

What I found is that with version 1.00.62 the Provisioning Status was "Provsioned" or "provisioning succeeded". Once 5.x is pushed the Provisioning Status is either "Failed" or "UnProvisioned; File not Found". At this point, I still had both phone and internet service, but within an hour the phone line dropped and internet went sluggish again.

Here's what I did that seems to work (your thinking "yeah, right"). The next time you notice you're down again, don't launch the utility, but do the standard power off adapter and power off modem. Wait a good 3 minutes then power up modem (wait for it to fully power up) and then power up linksys adapter. Everything will look normal again.

Within an hour (go ahead and surf the web while u wait), and you have to watch for this, you'll see your "Power" led begin to flash (consitent once per second). The flash means it is communicating with Vonage and getting the beloved update. (Even though it stops flashing after several minutes, it is still updating the adapter for several more minutes). At this point, when you see the Power led flashing, close any internet browser you have open and just walk away for while. Don't try to surf or reboot or power down or anything. Just go do laundry, see the kids, or throw darts at a Vonage logo.

In about 30 minutes go back to your adapter. Don't worry whether or not your phone light is on (It will probably be off). Now, try to surf the web. If it's really sluggish, close the browser and go away another 15mins and try again, and so on. Once you are able to surf quickly, this tells you the update is complete (yes, even if the phone light is not on).

Now, go to the utility (http://192.168.15.1). In the upper right hand corner of the main login window blue header you should see "Firmware Version: 5.01.04". (You can login if you choose and verify under Status, Voice, that your line is not provisioned.) Now Close your browser. At this point, DON'T unplug the power to the adapter or modem. DO unfold a paper clip (get a good 90 degree handle on it) and push it into the "RESET" hole of the adapter. HOLD it for a while (at least 12-15 seconds) and then you'll see the lights (what's left of them) go out and then a bunch of them start flashing. You can let go now, it's rebooting.

Watch the lights. The Power LED should be on and steady. The PC port LED should be steady, the wireless will be steady, and eventually (and it may take 5 minutes) you should see the phone light steady.

Lauch your browser and go to the utility again (http://192.168.15.1 you should add this to your Favorites) and in the upper right corner again you should see "Firmware Version 5.01.04". Login using admin/admin (you have no choice since the reset wipes any userid and pw you may have given it). Select the "Status" tab and select "Voice". You should see "Provisioning Status: Provisioned" or "Provisioning Succeeded".

Unit the Provisioning is successful, you will continue to experience problems like partial caller id (7-digits instead of 10), line drop, etc.

Even if Tech Support tells you not to worry about whether the status says provisioning success or failure, insist that it should say "success" or "provisioned", not "failure" or "unprovisioned".

Good Luck.

Hey Synergy2. I was also told to go get new router. I did from Best Buy. You'll find it has a firmware version of 1.00.20 after you spend an hour with tech service provisioning the new device and searching for the upgrade to 1.00.62. You'll end up exactly with the same problem.
nsmithson
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So i have had all of this firmware updating router crashing bs going on for some time as well, and if i recall correctly it did it a year ago as well.

So tonight i come home to a crashed router and reset it, and then i discover that my ip range has gone from 192.168.15.1 to 192.168.1.1, none of the default passwords work, my old admin password doesnt work, and none of my wifi devices work.

Can't wait to see what they say about this...

I'm almost to the point of moving to skype.
bobfromca
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well... I just off phone with tech support... insisted on talking to manager since this was my 4th time calling. He appologized for the inconvenience (they do that a lot). In my case, it is my 2 networked printers connected to the router not working with fw 5.x . Manager told me Vonage only supports phone and internet services and basically, can't help me with my printer problem. Even when I complained that all works fine with fw 1.06 since January - that Vonage is the one that caused the problem with forcing upgrade to 5.x - I still got the "sorry but we can't help you" bit.

I am so pissed right now - that I have spent HOURS on this problem and now am told I have to live with fw 5.X until another update comes along...

They did try to walk me through connecting my old router to the Linksys router and connecting my printers to my old router... but I can't seem to get that to work...

I hope someone comes up with a solution to keeping fw 5.x OFF the system...
nsmithson
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nsmithson wrote:
So i have had all of this firmware updating router crashing bs going on for some time as well, and if i recall correctly it did it a year ago as well.

So tonight i come home to a crashed router and reset it, and then i discover that my ip range has gone from 192.168.15.1 to 192.168.1.1, none of the default passwords work, my old admin password doesnt work, and none of my wifi devices work.

Can't wait to see what they say about this...

I'm almost to the point of moving to skype.

Actually this didnt happen, i have a meraki mesh network with multiple internet connections and i was getting to someone else's linksys.

Vonage have infact just bricked my router, which is why i was being re-directed elsewhere.
nsmithson
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Vonage have decided to RMA my router, although i would speculate that this silliness might start again when i get my "new" one.