How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
nachomama
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never had a problem with Vonage up until now. But all this insane hoop jumping along with a total lack of customer support has made me start looking at other options.

My customer support was so bad, they told me I needed to buy a new router. Only after finding this forum did I get a straight answer to the problem. Unfortunately that was after I had bought a new router.

Now to go check out the Ooma option........
johnnyraw
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i got the same problem same router, been happening for the last week

what should i do it keeps going off every couple of hours

if i call them and tell them to rollback the firmware and to disable auto updates isnt that bad in the long run? wont i need these firmware updates? and who out of everyone has done this procedure?
shome
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know any more what's going on. Just got home and found the router with a dropped phone line. I started the computer checked the firmware and it is at 1.00.62. Then I logged into here to read the latest threads and I am happy to see that version 5.whatever seems to be working.
As I started to formulate my response I have noticed, that the light for the phone came back and the phone line is restored.
Not sure whether I want to reboot my router to see whether the new firmware would load, but I am still suspicious as to whether 5.whatever really works.
Again - don't know what's going on ...
Would the everybody on 5.whatever please keep us up to date. My system as far as I know used to work for a few days until this evening ...
holyjoe
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: WRTP54G Dropping Phone; Limited Connectivity Every 2 Hours Reply with quote Back to top

FIXED Or is it???

I just got off the phone with Vonage (got right through at 7:30 AM Eastern time). The first girl I talked to said she thought it was possibly a defective device. (What a load....) Then I talked to Steve. Steve (who sounded like he was from India) reset my router back to version 1.00.62 and everything was back to normal. He assured me that it would not revert back until they came out with a new fix for the 5.00 bug. He also said very definitively that it was a Vonage issue and they were working to resolve it at their end. He said that the next upgrade would probably be out in a few weeks (Oh, great. Here we go again...) I have been with Vonage since 2005 and this is the first problem of this magnitude I have had. I hope they get it right this time.
AVPhan
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah right...... Mine got 5.xx every two hours, called in and complain and asked to not have 5.xx pushed out and spoke to deaf ears.

ANY LAWYER HERE TO TAKE THIS AS A CLASS ACTION to make them stop this 5.xx every two hours here ?
CarpeSkium
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Keep up the good work... Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the updates and useful info guys. I thought I was sunk when my internet connection and phone stopped working. My wife works from home, 100% over the internet, and we rely on our connection for the income. I barely know enough about networking to know something was very wrong. I appreciate all the detailed posts. Apparently, you guys have done all the hard work for me. I have the exact same symptoms you all have mentioned and will attempt a hard boot when I get home from work. Please keep us posted. There are a lot of us out here that appreciate you sharing all of this critical information.

Cheers.
joer
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Thanks for the updates Reply with quote Back to top

On the same boat as most of you - except I have no dial tone (or internet through the WRTP54G) at the moment. I don't own a cell phone, so I can't even call customer support for help. Just waiting to see if they'll reply to my emails. Frustrating doesn't begin to cover it.
AVPhan
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the exact procedure anyone of us can do without having to call support (Unfortunately, you have to repeat every two hours).

1. Unplug the Router and plug back in after a few seconds.
2. Use something pointy (I used a sharpened pencil) and pushed it in the Reset hole on the router. Watch for the lights to go all out only power left. This signifiies that it is being reset.
3. Use browser to connect http://192.168.15.1
4. This will give you the router sign-on. On uppper right hand, it should say firmware 1.00.62. If not, reset did not work. Repeat from step 1.
5. If it says 1.00.62, reset was success. sign-on using admin/admin and reconfigure your router again using your own setting. If you have already saved up your setting (procedure below), using "Restore" setting instead of manually re-put in your setting. Restore using "Administration", Restore/Backup, then select your backup setting.

To Backup your setting:
After successfully set up your router, go to Administration, Restore/Backup and select Backup and save your setting.

Man. It's already a reset number 5 since 05:00 this morning.
Anyone knows of a way to pressure them from cutting the firmware push ?
joer
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those steps didn't work for me earlier. However, I did get a response back to my support email where I was told:

"I have refreshed the line properties of your Vonage device. For the changes to take effect, please reboot all your devices by following the steps in the web link given below:

http://www.vonage.com/help.php?article=425"

And after following those steps (again - I had done the exact same thing 5-6 times earlier today), my service is back up. 2.5hrs later, it's still running, so, keeping my fingers crossed.
skyeflye
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just got off the phone with Tier 1 support. I explained the whole situation and the guy knew exactly what I was talking about. Eek

Tech Support told me that Vonage has started to automatically roll back the Firmware on customers' WRTP54G routers to version 1.00.62 and that they have stopped distributing the more recent version that has been causing all the problems.

Indeed, when I went to my router's "Status" page, the firmware version now says version 1.00.62. I have had to reset my router a few times today, but perhaps my router's firmware was just rolled back. I'll post back here later tonight to report on whether I'm still having any connectivity issues.

So hopefully, the nightmare is over (again) ...at least until the next time Vonage uses their customers' live routers as beta firmware test units. Rolling Eyes