Sign up
 Vonage  

       
 
Vonage Forum Menu

Vonage Forums
Vonage VoIP Forum
Robertsax Posted:
Speciality whole
food shops and
ethnic based
supermarkets are
able to offer some
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Cheap MLB Jerseys From China
On Jul 24, 2017 at 11:09:24

mikebrown Posted:
Hello, I think
you should consult
it with the Expert
they can surely
help you
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
Hardwiring in a Rental House
On Jun 24, 2017 at 09:15:34

Haniltery Posted:
For wipe call
history also some
of the offline, in
gengral , it
usually apply to
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
How to Delete call history from online account?
On May 09, 2017 at 06:14:26

diana87 Posted:
You have to use
VPN service to
bypass
Geo-restrictions
and get free
access while
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Recent calling problem from Egypt
On May 02, 2017 at 17:28:06

dconnor Posted:
What is the main
number on the
account? And
which one is the
virtual number?
...

In The Forum:
Vonage UK
Topic:
How do you call 999
On Apr 27, 2017 at 18:52:02

Trafford Posted:
Seems like a
simple
question. We
rely exclusively
on a Vonage system
for our
...

In The Forum:
Vonage UK
Topic:
How do you call 999
On Apr 27, 2017 at 10:42:50

diazou Posted:
Hello, It's
compatible with
Android your phone
software
? Thanks!
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Mar 28, 2017 at 12:42:33

jeddaisg Posted:
Hi all We have
a Vonage VOIP
system for our
office. Lately,
our call quality
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Ethernet Cable; Wiring schematic? 568-B?
On Feb 23, 2017 at 18:33:52

beast321 Posted:
I don't know if
you heard, that
many more
Dreamcast games
are opened up
recently.
...

In The Forum:
Fax - Tivo - Alarms
Topic:
Using phone as a dial up modem for Dreamcast Gaming
On Feb 16, 2017 at 03:16:51

Av8rix Posted:
Sorry to start a
new thread on an
old topic but when
I google “Vonage
MAC address
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
New adapter and router -- MAC change
On Jan 11, 2017 at 01:07:21


Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Announces Date of Earnings Release and Conference Call for Second Quarter 2017 Financial Results

Vonage for NetSuite SuiteApp Achieves 'Built for NetSuite' Status

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months



Review: My First Day With Vonage, Excellent!
Review: My First Day With Vonage, Excellent!



Great Price, No Complaints
Great Price, No Complaints



You need some common sense.
You need some common sense.



Vonage Customer Review: One month with Vonage, and...
Vonage Customer Review: One month with Vonage, and...




Vonage Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
Author Message
mwarmbir
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Aug 12, 2007
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: does it work with direct tv Reply with quote Back to top

will my cable telephone work with direct tv
View user's profile Send private message
xcrunxc
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Aug 04, 2006
Posts: 414
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If by cable telephone you mean Vonage, then the answer is maybe. DirectTV uses a modem to dial-up to get programming information and to make PPV purchases. A modem is much more sensitive to packet loss or jitter than your ear is, and if either is present more likely than not your transmission will fail. So, it really comes down to the quality of your internet connection. If your internet connection can support a constant stream of data with no dropping of delay of packets then DirectTV should be able to dial-in with no problem. So, the question is not one of Vonage really but of the quality of your ISP.

If you don't mean Vonage and you really mean Voip from your cable company then you are not likely to get a good answer here on the Vonage forum, and I would suggest posing your question on broadband reports in the appropriate sub-forum. Further, you probably should have put this in the Fax-Tivo-Alarms sub-forum here, I would also suggest looking through that forum for more Vonage specific info about DirectTV.
View user's profile Send private message
oldguy
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member


Joined: Jul 20, 2006
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xcrunxc wrote:
If by cable telephone you mean Vonage, then the answer is maybe. DirectTV uses a modem to dial-up to get programming information and to make PPV purchases. A modem is much more sensitive to packet loss or jitter than your ear is, and if either is present more likely than not your transmission will fail. So, it really comes down to the quality of your internet connection. If your internet connection can support a constant stream of data with no dropping of delay of packets then DirectTV should be able to dial-in with no problem. So, the question is not one of Vonage really but of the quality of your ISP.

If you don't mean Vonage and you really mean Voip from your cable company then you are not likely to get a good answer here on the Vonage forum, and I would suggest posing your question on broadband reports in the appropriate sub-forum. Further, you probably should have put this in the Fax-Tivo-Alarms sub-forum here, I would also suggest looking through that forum for more Vonage specific info about DirectTV.

I have 2 DTV HR220-700's connected to Vonage with no problem. When I had the HR10-250 I had to have the HR10 call the New York Vonage number instead of the 800 number locally that DTV provides.

The answer is yes, but much easier with the newer DTV equipment.
View user's profile Send private message
xcrunxc
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Aug 04, 2006
Posts: 414
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldguy wrote:
I have 2 DTV HR220-700's connected to Vonage with no problem. When I had the HR10-250 I had to have the HR10 call the New York Vonage number instead of the 800 number locally that DTV provides.

The answer is yes, but much easier with the newer DTV equipment.


I have worked with people where Tivo or DTV simply would not work no matter what was done on their end. We pointed the device to a NY number, turned off call waiting and all the other steps Vonage recommends and still got comm errors on every attempt to communicate. In almost every case we were eventually able to get it resolved after numerous calls to their ISP and visits from cable techs. Newer equipment may be better able to handle some level of loss without throwing a comm error, but if there is significant loss it will still fail, hence my maybe answer.
View user's profile Send private message
oldguy
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member


Joined: Jul 20, 2006
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xcrunxc wrote:
oldguy wrote:
I have 2 DTV HR220-700's connected to Vonage with no problem. When I had the HR10-250 I had to have the HR10 call the New York Vonage number instead of the 800 number locally that DTV provides.

The answer is yes, but much easier with the newer DTV equipment.


I have worked with people where Tivo or DTV simply would not work no matter what was done on their end. We pointed the device to a NY number, turned off call waiting and all the other steps Vonage recommends and still got comm errors on every attempt to communicate. In almost every case we were eventually able to get it resolved after numerous calls to their ISP and visits from cable techs. Newer equipment may be better able to handle some level of loss without throwing a comm error, but if there is significant loss it will still fail, hence my maybe answer.


One of the problems I found was that the recommended setup of the dialing string was to insert an asterisk into the dial string. A lot of routers or Voip adapters did not like the asterisk. When I took it out, everything started working.
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Vonage Service Plans


Vonage VoIP Members
Members List Members
New patsykf3
New Today 0
Yesterday 0
Total 101029

Who Is On Site
Visitors 1
Members 0
Total 1


Vonage VoIP Forum Members:
Login Here
Not a Member? You can Register Here
As a registered member you will have access to the VoIP Speed Test, Vonage Service Announcements and post comments in the
Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage Stock Price
Value:
Change:   
Up to 15 Minute Delay

Site Search
 






†AK and HI residents pay $29.95 shipping. ††Limited time offer. Valid for residents of the United States (&DC), 18 years or older, who open new accounts. Offer good while supplies last and only on new account activations. One kit per account/household. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, promotions or plans and is not applicable to past purchases. Good while supplies last. Allow up to 2 weeks for shipping. Other restrictions may apply.

1Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.

2Shipping and activation fees waived with 1-year agreement. An Early Termination Fee (with periodic pro-rated reductions) applies if service is terminated before the end of the first 12 months. Additional restrictions may apply. See Terms of Service for details.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET REQUIRED. †VALID FOR NEW LINES ONLY. RATES EXCLUDE INTERNET SERVICE, SURCHARGES, FEES AND TAXES. DEVICE MAY BE REFURBISHED. If you subscribe to plans with monthly minutes allotments, all call minutes placed from both from your home and registered ExtensionsTM phones will count toward your monthly minutes allotment. ExtensionsTM calls made from mobiles use airtime and may incur surcharges, depending on your mobile plan. Alarms, TTY and other systems may not be compatible. Vonage 911 service operates differently than traditional 911. See www.vonage.com/911 for details.

** Certain call types excluded.

www.vonage-forum.com is not an official Vonage support website & is independently operated.
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All comments are property of their posters.
All other www.vonage-forum.com content is © Copyright 2002 - 2013 by 4Sight Media LLC.

Thinking of signing up for Vonage but have questions?
Business and Residential customers can call Toll Free 24 hours a day at: 1-888-692-8074
No Vonage Promotion Code or Coupon Codes are required at www.vonage.com to receive any special,
best Vonage cheap deals, free sign up offers or discounts.

[ | | | | | ]

Vonage Forum Site Maps

Vonage | VoIP Forum | How VoIP Works | Wiring and Installation Page Two | International Rate Plans 2 | Internet Phone
Promotion | Vonage Review | VoIP | Broadband Phone | Free Month | Rebate | Vonnage | Vontage | VoIP | Phone Service
Phone | llamadas ilimitadas a Mexico | Latest News | VoIP Acronyms | Deal | Philippines Globe Phone | Site Maps

The Vonage Forum provides the Vonage sign up Best Offer Promotion Deal.
If you are considering signing up for Vonage and have found our Vonage News, Customer Reviews, Forums
& all other parts of this site useful, please use our Vonage Sign up page.


Vonage VoIP Phone Service is redefining communications by offering consumers
& small business VoIP Internet phones, an affordable alternative to traditional phone service.
The Vonage VoIP Forum Generated This Page In: 1.19 Seconds and Pages In The Last 60 Seconds
The Vonage VoIP Forum