Sign up
 Vonage  

       
 
Vonage Forum Menu

Vonage Forums
Vonage VoIP Forum
mikebrown Posted:
Hello
there, Please
check out -
http://www.vonage-
forum.com/home-wir
ing-installation-g
uide.html
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
Hardwiring in a Rental House
On Oct 24, 2017 at 22:29:48

mikebrown Posted:
Hello, I think
you should consult
it with the Expert
they can surely
help you
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
Hardwiring in a Rental House
On Jun 24, 2017 at 09:15:34

Haniltery Posted:
For wipe call
history also some
of the offline, in
gengral , it
usually apply to
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
How to Delete call history from online account?
On May 09, 2017 at 06:14:26

diana87 Posted:
You have to use
VPN service to
bypass
Geo-restrictions
and get free
access while
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Recent calling problem from Egypt
On May 02, 2017 at 17:28:06

dconnor Posted:
What is the main
number on the
account? And
which one is the
virtual number?
...

In The Forum:
Vonage UK
Topic:
How do you call 999
On Apr 27, 2017 at 18:52:02

Trafford Posted:
Seems like a
simple
question. We
rely exclusively
on a Vonage system
for our
...

In The Forum:
Vonage UK
Topic:
How do you call 999
On Apr 27, 2017 at 10:42:50

diazou Posted:
Hello, It's
compatible with
Android your phone
software
? Thanks!
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Mar 28, 2017 at 12:42:33

jeddaisg Posted:
Hi all We have
a Vonage VOIP
system for our
office. Lately,
our call quality
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Ethernet Cable; Wiring schematic? 568-B?
On Feb 23, 2017 at 18:33:52

beast321 Posted:
I don't know if
you heard, that
many more
Dreamcast games
are opened up
recently.
...

In The Forum:
Fax - Tivo - Alarms
Topic:
Using phone as a dial up modem for Dreamcast Gaming
On Feb 16, 2017 at 03:16:51

Av8rix Posted:
Sorry to start a
new thread on an
old topic but when
I google “Vonage
MAC address
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
New adapter and router -- MAC change
On Jan 11, 2017 at 01:07:21


Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Expands International Presence with Investments in Asia Pacific Region

Vonage to Present at the Oppenheimer 20th Annual Technology, Internet & Communications Conference

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months



Review: My First Day With Vonage, Excellent!
Review: My First Day With Vonage, Excellent!



Great Price, No Complaints
Great Price, No Complaints



You need some common sense.
You need some common sense.



Vonage Customer Review: One month with Vonage, and...
Vonage Customer Review: One month with Vonage, and...




Vonage Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
Author Message
joeslick
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate


Joined: Jul 03, 2007
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Motorola vt2542 owners Reply with quote Back to top

I need my confidence restored about this router and Vonage technical support.

I am on my second vt2542 and am asking anyone with a vt2542 to conduct a little security test.

Router default
username: router
password: router

Change your username to something like admin and the password to anything you like.

Check to see if the new username and password are working.

Power cycle the router--i.e. unplug it.

Check if the new username and password are still working. If not you can log on with router, router.

I would appreciate as much feedback as possible.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message
Darrell_G
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Nov 05, 2005
Posts: 881

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I setup security on the VT2542, I changed the username and password form the default "router". I can only login to the router by using the username and password that I created...Using "router" will no longer allow access.
View user's profile Send private message
KDWycha
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Jan 19, 2005
Posts: 605
Location: Tampa, Florida USA (813)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whenever I power cycle this router all the router settings go to default and I have to resetup everything. Doesnt save the settings. Not good living in florida where the power goes out every day during the afternoon thunderstorms Sad

_________________
Kevin Wycha
Vonage Subscriber Since: Jan 17, 2005
Linksys RT31P2 Router/ATA
Motorola SB5100 Cablemodem
Roadrunner TampaBay (10mb down/1mb up)
---
Dancing w00t! Dancing
View user's profile Send private message
joeslick
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate


Joined: Jul 03, 2007
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Darrell_G wrote:
When I setup security on the VT2542, I changed the username and password form the default "router". I can only login to the router by using the username and password that I created...Using "router" will no longer allow access.


Darrell_G can you still login to the router by using the username and password that you created AFTER a reboot of the router?
View user's profile Send private message
Darrell_G
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Nov 05, 2005
Posts: 881

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I rebooted the VT2542 and lo and behold all my settings had been restored to default settings. This had NOT previously been the case after a reboot of the VT2542. I wonder if Vonage released a firmware update within the last week that's causing this.
View user's profile Send private message
joeslick
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate


Joined: Jul 03, 2007
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Darrell_G wrote:
I rebooted the VT2542 and lo and behold all my settings had been restored to default settings. This had NOT previously been the case after a reboot of the VT2542. I wonder if Vonage released a firmware update within the last week that's causing this.


I am a new Vonage customer (two months). I have been having this problem from the beginning. Tech support sent me a new router and I have to pay to send the old one back. You also have 15 days to return the router or you will be charged the full price of the new router.


Quote from Return Authorization:
All returns must include the original manufacturer's packaging,
manuals, power supplies, cables and any additional accessories or any applicable credit will be reduced.


Item Quantity Unit Subtotal
*******************************************************************
Motorola VT2542 1 $99.99 $99.99
------------------------------------
Sales Tax: $7.60
Shipping: $9.95
------------------------------------
Total: $117.54

Did I mention the new router, I just received, has the same problem.
View user's profile Send private message
upset2542
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Jul 27, 2007
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found this problem the hard way -- As another user has posted, the afternoon thunderstorms in South Florida are horrible. So it recycled, and lost everything.

I went out and bought a UPS to alleviate the problem. We lost power for about 4 hours, and again, same problem.

So called Vonage tech support on the vt2542 - they assured me it was a router issue and are sending me a new one. Unfortunately in reading someone else who had this issue they received the router and the same problem was happening.

This was after being on the phone with Vonage support for almost 2 hours. Finally had them transfer me to tier 2. No help just sent me a router.

Called Motorla, they kept referring me to Vonage as Motorola doesn't "Support this product" --

This is a horrible situation - what kind of security resets after a reboot.

This needs a firmware update.
View user's profile Send private message
upset2542
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Jul 27, 2007
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Note this was fixed by Vonage support:

Please note they did a push of updated firmware when this problem started happening -- After getting in touch with another Tier 2 rep -- They "Backdated" the firm ware to get rid of the new push -- when they did this, I have the version now:

11.4.1-r061026-1.3.0 -r5 (Software)

Installed in the router and this fixed the problem.

Also note:

The tier 2 rep told me Vonage is FULLY aware of this issue and that it's been fixed in the new patch which is set to deploy sometime in the next few weeks they told me.

Unfortunately not all reps are on the ball, but this one was.. Especially after I gave him the URL for this forum.

Glad it's working now Smile
View user's profile Send private message
joeslick
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate


Joined: Jul 03, 2007
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

upset2542 wrote:
Note this was fixed by Vonage support:

Please note they did a push of updated firmware when this problem started happening -- After getting in touch with another Tier 2 rep -- They "Backdated" the firm ware to get rid of the new push -- when they did this, I have the version now:

11.4.1-r061026-1.3.0 -r5 (Software)

Installed in the router and this fixed the problem.

Also note:

The tier 2 rep told me Vonage is FULLY aware of this issue and that it's been fixed in the new patch which is set to deploy sometime in the next few weeks they told me.

Unfortunately not all reps are on the ball, but this one was.. Especially after I gave him the URL for this forum.

Glad it's working now Smile


Hi upset2542,

I love your username. I have been through it all. Two vt2542's and backdated firmware.

Be sure to check the router losing its settings in a day or two after the firmware downgrade. It initally worked for me.

I have always use an ups but I must have a busy lan as my router locks up and needs rebooting-- it seems to last longer if I don't make any changes and just use the defaults. This is not an option.

My complaint has escalated to level 3 tech support and a case number has been issued. No action since the 17 of July 07.

I will report back on final disposition.
View user's profile Send private message
upset2542
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Jul 27, 2007
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

joeslick wrote:
upset2542 wrote:
Note this was fixed by Vonage support:

Please note they did a push of updated firmware when this problem started happening -- After getting in touch with another Tier 2 rep -- They "Backdated" the firm ware to get rid of the new push -- when they did this, I have the version now:

11.4.1-r061026-1.3.0 -r5 (Software)

Installed in the router and this fixed the problem.

Also note:

The tier 2 rep told me Vonage is FULLY aware of this issue and that it's been fixed in the new patch which is set to deploy sometime in the next few weeks they told me.

Unfortunately not all reps are on the ball, but this one was.. Especially after I gave him the URL for this forum.

Glad it's working now Smile


Hi upset2542,

I love your username. I have been through it all. Two vt2542's and backdated firmware.

Be sure to check the router losing its settings in a day or two after the firmware downgrade. It initally worked for me.

I have always use an ups but I must have a busy lan as my router locks up and needs rebooting-- it seems to last longer if I don't make any changes and just use the defaults. This is not an option.

My complaint has escalated to level 3 tech support and a case number has been issued. No action since the 17 of July 07.

I will report back on final disposition.


I look forward to the reply. After shutting off that router, putting a different one back on, and unplugging it (the2542) -- I just plugged it in since I posted my last message.. As of this time, it still retained settings.

Is it possible after you backdated the firmware, that Vonage pushed out a new version without you knowing about it? The tier 2 guy told me when the new firmware upgrade comes out, it will push and that periodically Vonage checks to make sure firmware is updated on the rotuers. They even remotely update without us knowing - even if the original push was done.
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Vonage Service Plans


Vonage VoIP Members
Members List Members
New patsykf3
New Today 0
Yesterday 0
Total 101029

Who Is On Site
Visitors 1
Members 0
Total 1


Vonage VoIP Forum Members:
Login Here
Not a Member? You can Register Here
As a registered member you will have access to the VoIP Speed Test, Vonage Service Announcements and post comments in the
Vonage VoIP Forums

Site Search
 






†AK and HI residents pay $29.95 shipping. ††Limited time offer. Valid for residents of the United States (&DC), 18 years or older, who open new accounts. Offer good while supplies last and only on new account activations. One kit per account/household. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, promotions or plans and is not applicable to past purchases. Good while supplies last. Allow up to 2 weeks for shipping. Other restrictions may apply.

1Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.

2Shipping and activation fees waived with 1-year agreement. An Early Termination Fee (with periodic pro-rated reductions) applies if service is terminated before the end of the first 12 months. Additional restrictions may apply. See Terms of Service for details.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET REQUIRED. †VALID FOR NEW LINES ONLY. RATES EXCLUDE INTERNET SERVICE, SURCHARGES, FEES AND TAXES. DEVICE MAY BE REFURBISHED. If you subscribe to plans with monthly minutes allotments, all call minutes placed from both from your home and registered ExtensionsTM phones will count toward your monthly minutes allotment. ExtensionsTM calls made from mobiles use airtime and may incur surcharges, depending on your mobile plan. Alarms, TTY and other systems may not be compatible. Vonage 911 service operates differently than traditional 911. See www.vonage.com/911 for details.

** Certain call types excluded.

www.vonage-forum.com is not an official Vonage support website & is independently operated.
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All comments are property of their posters.
All other www.vonage-forum.com content is © Copyright 2002 - 2013 by 4Sight Media LLC.

Thinking of signing up for Vonage but have questions?
Business and Residential customers can call Toll Free 24 hours a day at: 1-888-692-8074
No Vonage Promotion Code or Coupon Codes are required at www.vonage.com to receive any special,
best Vonage cheap deals, free sign up offers or discounts.

[ | | | | | ]

Vonage Forum Site Maps

Vonage | VoIP Forum | How VoIP Works | Wiring and Installation Page Two | International Rate Plans 2 | Internet Phone
Promotion | Vonage Review | VoIP | Broadband Phone | Free Month | Rebate | Vonnage | Vontage | VoIP | Phone Service
Phone | llamadas ilimitadas a Mexico | Latest News | VoIP Acronyms | Deal | Philippines Globe Phone | Site Maps

The Vonage Forum provides the Vonage sign up Best Offer Promotion Deal.
If you are considering signing up for Vonage and have found our Vonage News, Customer Reviews, Forums
& all other parts of this site useful, please use our Vonage Sign up page.


Vonage VoIP Phone Service is redefining communications by offering consumers
& small business VoIP Internet phones, an affordable alternative to traditional phone service.
The Vonage VoIP Forum Generated This Page In: 0.32 Seconds and Pages In The Last 60 Seconds
The Vonage VoIP Forum