How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
Poll

Based on your own experiences, How Satisfied are you with Vonage outsourcing Customer Service ?
Extremely Satisfied
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Very Satisfied
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Satisfied
24%
 24%  [ 11 ]
Dissatisfied
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Very Dissatisfied
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Extremely Dissatisfied
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 45

Ghazal
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Rate Vonage Customer Service Reply with quote Back to top

Do you think its better to have Vonage Customer care outside on inside the homeland ???
any good/bad experience you like to share with us with regarding your call with any Vonage representative ?
just post it here and let us know ! Very Happy
nicegurl
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Vonage customer service improved a lot since last year. my mom used to tell me that she had hard time understanding the reps before but based on my experience theyre doing a pretty good job.

i have bad experience with their telemarketers though..i didnt knew a line has been added to my account until i called and an agent explained why i paid twice as my usual bill

over all rate though i can say satisfactory
melisam78
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I first got Vonage just over 2 years ago, I had the hardest time understanding the customer support reps. I've had to call customer support more than 15 times within the last 3 days...
I have only gotten to speak to TWO (2) people that sound american and talk very clear. One person out of the two, did have a texas type accent though.

I am not sure if their customer support calling center is based overseas or if they just have a lot of middle eastern people working for them. but, I think some of the people REALLY need to take speach therapy courses. It is bad enough I'm hard of hearing, but to barely be able to understand someone is worse.

I actually had to hang up yesturday and call back because I couldn't understand the person. First time I've had to do that.

I will say the english in some of the reps has gotten better over the past few months though.
noct
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the question:

Would you rather pay $5 more per month and be guaranteed to talk to one of the American reps?

or

Would you rather be interested in a .25c/minute premium number to call for American Vonage tech support?

Think before you answer. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there in this whole Voip thing, it really is.

I'm sure the outsource reps must be able to solve a good share of the cases that come their way, otherwise, there's no way to quantify the cost.
nicegurl
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'd rather pay $5 per month.. i believe that would be unlimited calling as well right? Lol
sheezhot
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have nothing against overseas reps as long as they could understand me and I could understand them...I am no racist. Although, sad to say sometimes talking to tech support from India at times is frustrating as some (not all) have thick accent and couldn't understand what my questions are or could not clearly express what he really means or suggesting. I just wish Vonage would have a training for them so they could listen to a customer intently and also try to lose a bit of their accent. They are really nice people and very helpful but oh well if you can't understand them it would still be hopeless since you can't get things done due to language barrier.

Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have a problem with tech support. I have a problem with customer service. They are much more rude than tech support. I was calm last night. I have been without service off and on. Tech support found it to be my firmware. He updated it. I told him its been going on for about 3-4 weeks. He said that during that time they have been updating the service.
He warmed transferred the call to customer service for a credit request. Customer service said no problem. I speak to him and he said I am not going to issue a credit until the issue is resolved. I said they continue to say the issue is resolved during the past 3-4 weeks. Its solved for now. Tech support was listening in and said the issue was resolved. Customer service done nothing and hung up on us. He gets me over to someone else and they gave me a credit.
I said I am not no credit junkie. Take a look. I received one credit during the past 4 years because I was charged for an international call and it was a friend of mine who at the time was on Vonage service. Go figure. Just venting. Smile
Clache
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Do you actually have advanced tech support? Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I can say that when I had Vonage 2 years ago, and the tech support was in the US. I had a good experience then. I did leave the company because QoS features were lacking; and firmware updates finally broke my service.

I bought the service again last month. My first experience with customer service regarding voice quality went rather well. However, when my service completely broke 2 weeks into the service, customer service suddenly became useless.

I can say that as a network engineer that owns his own computer consulting company, I deal with Indian tech support from a variety of companies on a regular basis. Some companies hire techs that actually sound British. You can really understand them, and sometimes (but extremely rarely) they have some degree of expertise. In my experience with Vonage, this is not the case.

I began with troubleshooting my problem by sending an email to tech support. I received a prompt reply. I tried the solutions, but they didn't fix the issue. The email said to then call tech support. I talked to tech support through 2 tiers of support over 2 hours. The more "advanced" tech said she would put in a ticket and call me back in 24 hours.

After waiting for 3 days I called back. I asked for tier 2 support, but still had to waste 30 minutes with some guy that absolutely could not understand English. It took 6 tries over 10 minutes to explain that:
"I get a dial tone. I dial a number. There is silence for 10 seconds. Then I get a fast busy signal."

You would think that telephone tech support could understand phrases about telephone tech support. I was finally transferred to tier 2 support. Over 1 1/2 hours, this tech had me do the exact same things that the last tier 2 agent did 3 days earlier.

Finally, she insisted that I make changes to my IP address settings on my Vonage adapter & firewall that didn't match my network (or any semblance of networking theory). I kept asking for a network engineer or tier 3 support, because her network addressing settings made no since. She couldn't understand, because she had NO network training. She refused to transfer me & told me that I either needed to remove my firewall, because "It is a firewall", or I needed to upgrade my $700 Sonicwall firewall/router to support Vonage!

I am usually calm with foreign tech support. But after requesting to be transferred over and over I finally hung up. Luckily, I finally remembered something that Vonage's American tech support told me 2 years ago. They actually knew something about firewalls. After 4 hours of heartache on the phone with tech support, and over 1 week without service, I fixed the problem with 2 year old advice: "Disable SIP transformations".

Here is the crux of the situation. I don't believe that all Indian tech support is bad. Just 99% of it, unless you just need to reboot something, or make sure it is plugged in, or you can't read instructions.

If you are going to use India for tech support for a NATIONAL COMPANY, then pay for support centers that hire techs with real degrees in information technology AND have extensive training in English. Otherwise, use American tech support. Not only are you taking jobs from Americans, but you are providing lousy service.

I have numerous friends that have worked in tech support call centers. Memphis, TN is one of the cheapest places in the US to hire entry level techs due to the low cost of living and large supply of tech savvy individuals. I understand wanting to be competitive, but suggesting $5 a month extra or a per minute charge right from the beginning? NO!

I might understand a per minute charge for premium support after 90 days (note that I said premium). That gives the customer time to get the bugs out of the setup & get used to it.

I bought 3 Vonage adapters last month. One for me, one for my elderly father, and one for my mother-in-law. Had I not been able to fix the problem on my own, you would have lost 3 customers at once. If I ever need tech support again, I hope that you have changed your tech support call center.
noct
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You say "I hope you change" ... keep in mind this is an unofficial forum. Vonage does not have official forums.

Now, it sounds like you didn't speak with someone in Advanced Tech. And, you're right, most of the other techs seem to just have you restart. What I've done in the past is just say that I was previously speaking with a representative from Advanced Tech in the US, and they usually transfer me without any trouble.

Shrug, if you're upset at the way that the overseas reps didn't transfer you at your request, I advise that you e-mail them or call corporate. There's a number for corporate somewhere on their website under the Investor Relations link.
Clache
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Advanced tech support Reply with quote Back to top

Like you pointed out, Vonage doesn't have officially moderated forums. This is just one more example of the lack of support from them. I really can't expect someone who doesn't understand English to transfer me when I ask them to. That would be too basic of a request in my experience. From what I've read in these forums, it is not uncommon to get overseas tech support for this company that is impossible to converse with.

On both tier 1 & tier 2 support, I told them that I had been speaking with tier 2 support before. I even told them that on my previous call, tier 2 was waiting on a response from tier 3. That didn't change the fact that I had to go through troubleshooting completely from the beginning every time I talked to a new person. Even the tier 3 person didn't listen to my symptoms. She started her troubleshooting by reading from a script and asking me if I had a dial tone after I just told her that I did. And, on top of it, she insisted multiple times that I hold the phone up to my Vonage phone so she could hear what it was doing. Apparently, just listening to me when I describe the symptoms wasn't enough.

I would hope that even though this is not officially moderated, that market would data mine these forums to get hints on customer retention. I shouldn't have to dig through Vonage's web site for Investor Relations. At least in my experience, if you have to dig for contact information, the people that you do speak with probably either don't want to or can't help you. There are too many other Voip providers out there for me to go that far to complain.

The nice thing is that my Voip box is easily unlocked (and sold pre-unlocked on eBay). If I want to, I can easily change providers. Vonage will either learn that, or go under. I have already heard rumors that Vonage is either selling out or closing. If anyone has heard anything on this, I would be interested in knowing for sure.