How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
Neufusion
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Caller ID functioning incorrectly since switching to Vonage Reply with quote Back to top

Ever since I activated my Vonage service,
whenever I receive a call on my Vonage phone number, a phone number such as 7605551212 is reported to my Vonage phone's caller ID as 11760555121 . It has TWO NUMBER ONES as the first two numbers and is MISSING THE LAST NUMBER. A call from 8881234567 would be reported as 11888123456 .

I tested this on two different phones. The Sony phone has the problem report above. The Timex phone caller ID does not work at all. Both phones worked perfectly with normal phone service from AT&T.

My caller ID is completely useless.
Steve48
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This will probably require a call to customer service. There are usually some adjustments that they can make. In the meanwhile, if you're using house wiring, see what happens when you plug a phone directly into the unit. Which Vonage box is it, and what firmware is it running?

Neufusion
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well an unsuccessfull phone call to support and a couple emails to support gets me bumped up to tier 2.

Let's see what they can do.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vonage Customer Care [mailto:donotreply@vonage.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 10:37 AM
Subject: RE: Other

This is an auto response email message. Please do not respond.

Thank you for your email. Due to the nature of your request we are forwarding your email to our second tier support team. Please allow up to 24 hours for a Customer Care agent to respond to your inquiry.

Sincerely,

Vonage Customer Care
Neufusion
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neufusion wrote:
Well an unsuccessfull phone call to support and a couple emails to support gets me bumped up to tier 2.

Let's see what they can do.

Nothing yet.

<sigh>
Steve48
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried using the forum's contact page for Email? We're told that gets special attention.

If that doesn't work, my next call would be to the Vonage business people instead of the technical support people. Tell them you're going to cancel if you can't get help.

Meanwhile, are you using house wiring? If so, have you tried plugging the CID/phone directly into the Vonage box? Which box is it, and which firmware?

xcrunxc
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Vonage's caller id includes the 1 when it is sent to your phone. A lot of services, most likely including your previous service, do not. Some phones will come configured to automatically add the 1 to the front of the caller ID field so you can just press re-dial for any number. Your phone is probably doing this, causing the double one at the front of the number on your CID. See if there is an option on your phone to turn this off. If you cannot locate it, let us know the model of your Sony phone so we can help you with that. As for your Timex phone, for this we really need to know your setup. Are you using home wiring, splitters, anything else on your phone side of the network? Does it happen if the Timex phone is plugged in directly to the phone port on the adapter?
Neufusion
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Steve48 wrote:
Have you tried using the forum's contact page for Email? We're told that gets special attention.

Somebody gave me a direct line to Tier 3 support. Spend 20 minutes on the phone with them to get bumped up to the "Management Queue"

Got an email on Monday asking for my router model. DGL-4300.
Got an email on Wednesday saying "Please change the phone you for Caller ID or remove the Caller ID box that you might be using and let me know your results."
Got another email on Thursday saying "At this time we can not support all phone for Caller ID. Please try another phone that has Caller ID and let me know your results." I replied asking for a list of compatible phones.
Got an email today saying "We apologize for any delay in responding to you. Currently we notice that the name and phone numbers are being displayed correctly on the call log. Kindly log on to your web account to make sure you are able to see all the numbers and name of incoming calls.
If possible try connecting a different caller ID to your phone. If issue still persists with a different caller ID kindly reply back to this email for further assistance."

So basically a phone that I paid $120 for 2 years ago isn't supported?

I wish Vonage would have stated up front that their service is not compatible with all phones.

So now I will have to shell out another $120 for a comparible phone in order to use Vonage which I switched to in order to "save money".

I can't believe how long it took them to come to this conclusion. It's been 26 days since I first reported the problem. I've called tech support twice. Called Tier 3 directly once. Sent 6 emails to Vonage. What a waste of my time and theirs.
roscopco
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Vonage Canada must have better tech support seems lately when I call I am getting results within 3 minutes of calling.
Neufusion
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xcrunxc wrote:
Vonage's caller id includes the 1 when it is sent to your phone. A lot of services, most likely including your previous service, do not. Some phones will come configured to automatically add the 1 to the front of the caller ID field so you can just press re-dial for any number. Your phone is probably doing this, causing the double one at the front of the number on your CID. See if there is an option on your phone to turn this off. If you cannot locate it, let us know the model of your Sony phone so we can help you with that.

It's a SONY
SPP-A9276
msrp $199.95
http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/office/telecomproducts/cordlessphoneswithansweringmachines/spp-a9276_specs.shtml

I checked every feature on the phone. The only caller ID related features that I could change was local area codes. When hooked up to AT&T, it would remove the area code if it was in the local area code list, so you could dial by just picking up the phone or hitting redial. Now with Vonage adding 11 at the beginning of the number, this feature no longer works either. I tried removing the area codes, power cycling the phone, making '1' a local area code, and disabling the local area code list. Nothing helped.
Lnk64
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thing is, as far as I know (please correct me if I am Wrong), Caller ID is not standardized, so there is no format to follow.

How Caller Id is handled is unique to each carrier. Whether they always add a 1 to a number, whether they add 1 if it is not local, or if they do nothing at all differs between who you are with. Due to the non-standardization of Caller ID, there is also no way for phone manufactures to predict how how caller ID should be handled.

This also comes into play when Vonage customers state when they call someone, all they see is unknown and not the number. While that may be true, it's usually an occurance of the person they are trying to call having a phone supporting only one line of caller ID text, rather then two. I know Vonage sends unknown/number, or vice versa, number/unknown, since someone has a phone that may only display one line of information, they may see just unknown, and the number will be booted off the screen.

In this day an age, you'd think something like caller ID would be standardized by some kind of department, but as far as I am aware, nope