How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
pitviper
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

navydavy2001 wrote:
Hey you! Yeah, you, with the big mouth above me. This forum was created for the purpose of helping people with Vonage-related technical problems, not for you to call out respected members of the community. If you have a technical issue fine, if not, it's not too professional to just pop up as a noob on an "unofficial" Vonage-related site and start bashing people.

BTW, Dlink is garbage. Linksys rules the school!

Dan, I think this thread needs to be deep-sixed IMHO.

I only bash those who need to be bashed. And if you haven't figured out yet the title of this forum is REBATES!!!!! And that is my problem like all the others. And I have jumped through many hoops trying to get this fixed but just get the runaround like most of the other people in this thread. Noob to the forum or not I am right in posting here. As my problem is with my lack of receiving rebates clearly due to the slackness of Vonage employees. Granted it is not everyones fault but when you have proof that you submitted the correct MAC address and everybody kept saying that it was getting fixed up till the final date for the rebate and it never really did. Then someone else has me resend copies of my rebates in and of coarse nothing. You have to beat people over the head just to get some help....Vonage is a great idea but lacks in customer support. BTW you must be on crack. Linksys may rule the school but thats only because the children in the school are too young to know any better lol. Every linksys I have come into contact with you have to periodically reset the power to keep everything working. All the Dlinks I have had never had to be unpluged EVER to fix anything...They always work. However I respect your opinion but don't think that because you have been in a forum for a long time that you know more than anybody...I don't use forums usually because I can fix just about anything on my own. I guess you have been here for a while because you have no clue how to fix issues without someone elses help Rolling Eyes
pitviper
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dconnor wrote:
As much as this is not my most favorite thread, I do not think it would be proper for me to deep 6 it.

I do think the poster above you should be sent to the brig.

This is why nothing gets solved for your customers. Are you people children....if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem and obviously you are part of the problem.
navydavy2001
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dan has no customers, genius, he has guests. Dan doesn't work for Vonage, this forum isn't run by Vonage, and any Vonage person you may see here is here on their own personal time. Speaking of part of the problem, I've NEVER had a Linksys or Cisco device reboot for no reason. Operator error perhaps?

New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: My opion Reply with quote Back to top

Lol
Ok, I was wondering about my rebate and I was not comfortable with any rebate that goes thru a 3rd party company. I was able to look my rebate up on the website https://www.web-rebates.com/vonage and see that it is in the Required Service Period status. Being I purchased my Vonage on Oct 15, 2005 and start the service the same day, my 90 days service period was up 13 days ago. Now some people are saying the service requirement was only 60 days, that means instead of being 13 days over it is about 43 days over.
Either way the status of the rebate should be in the approved state but it is not.

I spoke to Vonage today and they confirmed the required service period was only 60 day and that Web-rebates.com will take another 3 months (12 weeks) to process the rebate.

Now do not get me wrong. I love my Vonage service and the price of it. I have not had a single issue with the service or the billing. Personally I plan to keep my service no matter were I go.

Now on the other hand, this Web-rebate.com company is a rip of in my opinion. I can understand the required service period and the fact that it will take a little time after that to complete the rebate and get the Check/Visa card in the mail to the customer. But 12 weeks to do this? What are they doing to process the rebates, sending all the info to India and have them process the rebate by pen a paper and snail mail? Give me a break. With the age of computers you would think that as soon as you hit your required service time, the system would verify that you are still a current customer and set your status as Approved and move on to the processing of mailing the rebates out.

If anyone is looking for contact info in an effort to get there rebate I am please to post the info that I have gotten so far.

CustomerService@gfsinc.com
1-800-347-4017

Personally I would like to see companies get away from rebate companies like www.web-rebates.com and provide the customers with a much more reliable service. As I said before, I like the Vonage service but the link with them and Web-rebates.com is a black mark on there image.
droptop4me
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: thanks for the wake up call Reply with quote Back to top

just purchased a Vonage start-up kit from circuit city.
$60 less $125 rebate. WOW sounded too good to be true
now i see why.
luckily i haven't opened the package yet.
it'll have to be returned in the morning
no customer support is all i see all over this forum
hate when that happens
guess i;ll stick with the dummies at ma bell
i'm already used to them
NateHoy
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks for the wake up call Reply with quote Back to top

droptop4me wrote:
just purchased a Vonage start-up kit from circuit city.
$60 less $125 rebate. WOW sounded too good to be true
now i see why.
luckily i haven't opened the package yet.
it'll have to be returned in the morning
no customer support is all i see all over this forum
hate when that happens
guess i;ll stick with the dummies at ma bell
i'm already used to them

You gotta make your decision based on your own criteria. Rebates are always a risk, of course, but there are a lot of us here who received our rebates on time, as promised.

droptop4me
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: rebates a risk?? Reply with quote Back to top

rebates are a risk???
i have just received over $600 in rebates
comp usa circuit city micro tec
never has a rebate not come
or taken longer than 12 weeks.
it's not just the rebate problem that concerns me
look on any thread.
i see so many problems
why would i subject my self to this company?
Tigger
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Service has been great. Reply with quote Back to top

Do not get my posting wrong. The Vonage service has been working great for me. As long as you are on a cable connection you should have no issues.

It is just the 3rd party rebate company that seems to suck.
NateHoy
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

droptop4me -

I have received most of the rebates I've ever applied for, but I've also had similar nighmares to those listed in this thread from other companies, including Circuit City, Best Buy, Staples, etc. Whenever you get an item with a rebate, the rebate is a risk (there is a chance you will not get the rebate).

As I said, you've got to make your decision based on your criteria. Look at ratings and reviews of the various companies at places like dslreports.com - this is a site where people specifically come when they have problems with Vonage.

I've had very good luck with Vonage. Since I'm on an account with less upstream bandwidth than most (256k), and I use BitTorrent, it's been more of a struggle for me than for most, and I had to drop $50 in additional network equipment I didn't anticipate.

But, given that a basic phone line around here is $30 a month, and adding caller ID, call waiting, and even just a few hours of Long Distance a month brings that up to $60-75 around here, I spent one months' savings on a better router, and now my Vonage lines are as clear as a landline, and I have yet to have a single Vonage outage since July.

I'm not trying to tell you there are not problems. I'm not trying to tell you that you won't run into them. But of the vast majority who received their rebates on time, have always had decent luck and reasonable wait times when having to call Customer Service, and have never had their Vonage line fail - how many of them do you think come to a site like this? You don't do Internet searches to post gushing reviews when everything is going RIGHT, you do searches when you have problems.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.

droptop4me
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: what rule to follow Reply with quote Back to top

so who's company's rules do i follow to actually get my $125 back??
cc says to include my 1st months Vonage bill with the rebate.
Vonage says has to be postmarked within 30 days of purchase.
HMMM