Sign up
 Vonage  

       
 
Vonage Forum Menu

Vonage Forums
Vonage VoIP Forum
Bruafekkay Posted:
agreed dingy
anybody, obviously
if the quarters is
not provided with
the requisite
...

In The Forum:
Vonage V-Phone & SoftPhone
Topic:
granit stelen beefy
On Dec 08, 2016 at 19:41:55

Bruafekkay Posted:
agreed drab
individual, large
if the hamlet is
not provided with
the requisite
...

In The Forum:
Vonage V-Phone & SoftPhone
Topic:
mauersteine 50x50 unsparing
On Dec 07, 2016 at 20:07:45

tplink Posted:
Im trying to add
my HT802 vonage
adapter to my home
network. I
currently have
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
Vonage behind switch
On Dec 05, 2016 at 06:35:11

DWSupport Posted:
After recent
Vonage update that
took place on the
4th and 5th of
Nov. E-mails with
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Voicemail Not Forwarding to Outlook Accounts
On Nov 10, 2016 at 12:23:26

peterlee Posted:
Had a call from a
Hospital in Ajax,
Ontario to my home
in
Scarborough, Onta
rio
...

In The Forum:
Vonage Canada
Topic:
Hospital Incoming call unable to connect
On Nov 08, 2016 at 11:59:50

TELLDOUG Posted:
I am looking for a
product that will
make my phone ring
louder so I can
hear using
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Looking for a ringer ameliorate
On Oct 26, 2016 at 09:21:30

HildBeft Posted:
You can recollect
password by
connecting the
router to your pc
and open the
browser
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45


Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal



Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review



Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006



Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review



Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months




Vonage Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Fax - Tivo - Alarms
Author Message
kcirtap234
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Sep 18, 2006
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Guardian Security System - Charlotte, NC Reply with quote Back to top

I recently built a new home and had structured wiring installed in the home. By that I mean, rather than each telephone jack feeding the next jack as is the case with older homes, each jack is run from a central point in my home. The advantage to this is that if one wire goes bad from the central point to the jack, only one jack will not work. With the old wiring patterns, all the jacks after the wire would not work.

In my structured wiring box, I have a telephone distribution module. That module receives the incoming signal from my Vonage adapter and then forwards the signal to all the other jacks in the house. All the jacks are functioning properly and I am able to use regular phones from any jack.

The telephone distribution module also has a plug for a line seizure device where it cuts off the signal to the rest of the jacks in the house and dials out immediately. Any one that can help me will know what a line seizure module is. Here's the issue -- My security system will not transmit a signal to Guardian's Monitoring Service. I have tried everything I can think of.

I see a lot of postings about POTS and stuff of that nature, but this is a brand new home and I've never had a standard phone line coming into the house. Everything is fed directly from the Vonage device and run from the module to the jacks individually. All jacks work properly. The number being dialed when the alarm signal is transmitting is an 11 digit number.

I have unplugged the router and plugged the Vonage adapter direclty into the cable modem to eliminate the router. The security company has replaced the program board and all related cables. I have tried both a D-Link adapter and the Pap2 adapter. I have increased my bandwidth. I have called Vonage and updated my firmware. I have had TimeWarner come out and test the line at the back of the cable modem and I have a positive signal downstream.

I am out of ideas. However, when we tap into the line when the alarm is trying to send a signal to the monitoring service we are able to listen what's going on as long as we use the Security guy's phone, it seems as if the line seizure takes over properly and I can hear it dial tone initially, but while it is attempting to transmit the signal, at some point there is an error message that says something like "Vonage device cannot contact the Vonage network."

The four wires that are attached to the board which operate the line seizure appear to be wired properly. This is how the security company always wires the four wires. The only difference is that the phone wire comes from the Vonage device rather than being fed from the phone company's relay box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message
Steve48
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>


Joined: Aug 30, 2005
Posts: 4777

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe this will help:

http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic4125.html .

_________________
Steve Gray
Orlando, FL
View user's profile Send private message
kcirtap234
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Sep 18, 2006
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Steve48 wrote:
Maybe this will help:

http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic4125.html .


Thanks for the suggestion but that did not work. I think it may be a compatibility issue with the alarm board. I think the issue is that the alarm signal is processing faster than Vonage will accept so it is not connecting. The tech support guy for Guardian seemed to suggest that another board would slow down Guardian's signal enough to where it would work with Vonage. If anyone else is having this problem, I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message
oatmeal185
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Sep 22, 2006
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Vonage and Alarm system Reply with quote Back to top

I believe the problem is that you connected your telephone adapter into the wall outlet and not into the incoming telco circuit. I have a similar system as yours with a central box that has home run lines to each phone outlet. What you need to do is take the phone line that the Vonage device is connected to and disconnect it from the central box and connect it to the place where the outside telephone wire is connected to. This will allow the alarm system to connect properly.
View user's profile Send private message
Steve48
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>


Joined: Aug 30, 2005
Posts: 4777

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Vonage and Alarm system Reply with quote Back to top

oatmeal185 wrote:
I believe the problem is that you connected your telephone adapter into the wall outlet and not into the incoming telco circuit. I have a similar system as yours with a central box that has home run lines to each phone outlet. What you need to do is take the phone line that the Vonage device is connected to and disconnect it from the central box and connect it to the place where the outside telephone wire is connected to. This will allow the alarm system to connect properly.


If I read his initial post correctly, he already wired the Vonage box as the input to his system, in lieu of a POTS line that was never in the new house to begin with.

_________________
Steve Gray
Orlando, FL
View user's profile Send private message
kcirtap234
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Sep 18, 2006
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Vonage and Alarm system Reply with quote Back to top

Steve-

You are correct. I have never had an incoming line into the house, but the outgoing line from the Vonage router plugs into where the incoming line from the box outside would normally go.

The box that would normally be outside runs into the closet where these wires go. Essentially, I have another box inside my house and I've unplugged the wire that Bell South would have and plugged in the wire from Vonage.

Does that make sense?


Thanks,

Patrick




Steve48 wrote:
oatmeal185 wrote:
I believe the problem is that you connected your telephone adapter into the wall outlet and not into the incoming telco circuit. I have a similar system as yours with a central box that has home run lines to each phone outlet. What you need to do is take the phone line that the Vonage device is connected to and disconnect it from the central box and connect it to the place where the outside telephone wire is connected to. This will allow the alarm system to connect properly.


If I read his initial post correctly, he already wired the Vonage box as the input to his system, in lieu of a POTS line that was never in the new house to begin with.
View user's profile Send private message
oatmeal185
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Sep 22, 2006
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Vonage and Alarm system Reply with quote Back to top

Try this site. http://michigantelephone.mi.org/distribute.html

The information provided was very helpfull when I setup my system 3 years ago.


kcirtap234 wrote:
Steve-

You are correct. I have never had an incoming line into the house, but the outgoing line from the Vonage router plugs into where the incoming line from the box outside would normally go.

The box that would normally be outside runs into the closet where these wires go. Essentially, I have another box inside my house and I've unplugged the wire that Bell South would have and plugged in the wire from Vonage.

Does that make sense?


Thanks,

Patrick




Steve48 wrote:
oatmeal185 wrote:
I believe the problem is that you connected your telephone adapter into the wall outlet and not into the incoming telco circuit. I have a similar system as yours with a central box that has home run lines to each phone outlet. What you need to do is take the phone line that the Vonage device is connected to and disconnect it from the central box and connect it to the place where the outside telephone wire is connected to. This will allow the alarm system to connect properly.


If I read his initial post correctly, he already wired the Vonage box as the input to his system, in lieu of a POTS line that was never in the new house to begin with.
View user's profile Send private message
kcirtap234
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: Sep 18, 2006
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Vonage and Alarm system Reply with quote Back to top

Oatmeal-

Thanks for the suggestion. I understand what you are saying, but the problem with it is that my Vonage device is essentially plugged into the Telco circuit already. The security company is coming back out on Thursday to try again. I will keep you updated on what they tell me. The thought now is that it is the board. (Security Tech Support says we need Version 3 board rather than Version 2) We'll see!

Thanks,

Patrick


oatmeal185 wrote:
Try this site. http://michigantelephone.mi.org/distribute.html

The information provided was very helpfull when I setup my system 3 years ago.


kcirtap234 wrote:
Steve-

You are correct. I have never had an incoming line into the house, but the outgoing line from the Vonage router plugs into where the incoming line from the box outside would normally go.

The box that would normally be outside runs into the closet where these wires go. Essentially, I have another box inside my house and I've unplugged the wire that Bell South would have and plugged in the wire from Vonage.

Does that make sense?


Thanks,

Patrick




Steve48 wrote:
oatmeal185 wrote:
I believe the problem is that you connected your telephone adapter into the wall outlet and not into the incoming telco circuit. I have a similar system as yours with a central box that has home run lines to each phone outlet. What you need to do is take the phone line that the Vonage device is connected to and disconnect it from the central box and connect it to the place where the outside telephone wire is connected to. This will allow the alarm system to connect properly.


If I read his initial post correctly, he already wired the Vonage box as the input to his system, in lieu of a POTS line that was never in the new house to begin with.
View user's profile Send private message
Steve48
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>


Joined: Aug 30, 2005
Posts: 4777

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Vonage and Alarm system Reply with quote Back to top

kcirtap234 wrote:
The box that would normally be outside runs into the closet where these wires go. Essentially, I have another box inside my house and I've unplugged the wire that Bell South would have and plugged in the wire from Vonage.

Does that make sense?


Yes it does. I think you know exactly what you're doing, and the problem is with the security system. Unfortunately, some security system hardware never does work with Vonage, for one reason or another. The good news is that we have at least one post indicating that your service will.

_________________
Steve Gray
Orlando, FL
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Vonage Service Plans


Vonage VoIP Members
Members List Members
New jinkikkDup
New Today 2
Yesterday 9
Total 99046

Who Is On Site
Visitors 90
Members 0
Total 90


Vonage VoIP Forum Members:
Login Here
Not a Member? You can Register Here
As a registered member you will have access to the VoIP Speed Test, Vonage Service Announcements and post comments in the
Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage Stock Price
Value: 6.99
Change:   N/A
Up to 15 Minute Delay

Site Search
 






†AK and HI residents pay $29.95 shipping. ††Limited time offer. Valid for residents of the United States (&DC), 18 years or older, who open new accounts. Offer good while supplies last and only on new account activations. One kit per account/household. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, promotions or plans and is not applicable to past purchases. Good while supplies last. Allow up to 2 weeks for shipping. Other restrictions may apply.

1Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.

2Shipping and activation fees waived with 1-year agreement. An Early Termination Fee (with periodic pro-rated reductions) applies if service is terminated before the end of the first 12 months. Additional restrictions may apply. See Terms of Service for details.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET REQUIRED. †VALID FOR NEW LINES ONLY. RATES EXCLUDE INTERNET SERVICE, SURCHARGES, FEES AND TAXES. DEVICE MAY BE REFURBISHED. If you subscribe to plans with monthly minutes allotments, all call minutes placed from both from your home and registered ExtensionsTM phones will count toward your monthly minutes allotment. ExtensionsTM calls made from mobiles use airtime and may incur surcharges, depending on your mobile plan. Alarms, TTY and other systems may not be compatible. Vonage 911 service operates differently than traditional 911. See www.vonage.com/911 for details.

** Certain call types excluded.

www.vonage-forum.com is not an official Vonage support website & is independently operated.
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All comments are property of their posters.
All other www.vonage-forum.com content is © Copyright 2002 - 2013 by 4Sight Media LLC.

Thinking of signing up for Vonage but have questions?
Business and Residential customers can call Toll Free 24 hours a day at: 1-888-692-8074
No Vonage Promotion Code or Coupon Codes are required at www.vonage.com to receive any special,
best Vonage cheap deals, free sign up offers or discounts.

[ | | | | | ]

Vonage Forum Site Maps

Vonage | VoIP Forum | How VoIP Works | Wiring and Installation Page Two | International Rate Plans 2 | Internet Phone
Promotion | Vonage Review | VoIP | Broadband Phone | Free Month | Rebate | Vonnage | Vontage | VoIP | Phone Service
Phone | llamadas ilimitadas a Mexico | Latest News | VoIP Acronyms | Deal | Philippines Globe Phone | Site Maps

The Vonage Forum provides the Vonage sign up Best Offer Promotion Deal.
If you are considering signing up for Vonage and have found our Vonage News, Customer Reviews, Forums
& all other parts of this site useful, please use our Vonage Sign up page.


Vonage VoIP Phone Service is redefining communications by offering consumers
& small business VoIP Internet phones, an affordable alternative to traditional phone service.
The Vonage VoIP Forum Generated This Page In: 0.74 Seconds and 543 Pages In The Last 60 Seconds
The Vonage VoIP Forum