How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
sdsheeks
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

booma wrote:
sdsheeks wrote:
Anyway I've talked with my bank and it will be taken care of on this end.

My guess is that your bank will not be able to "fix" this since it isn't broken. You agreed to the terms when you signed up, just because you didn't read them doesn't mean you are not legally responsible for the fee.

I agree that the early disconnect fee is not right up front, nor do I think it's a good practice, but that does not change your legal responsibility. Good luck...

The kicker of it all was that I was only a few days past my 30 day guarantee and no activity in the last 30 days. I wasn't using it and simply forgot to cancel it due to my wifes father passing away. It was a stressful time and the last thing I thought of was canceling the service.

Anyway I'm over it. It was a stupid policy they had and I'm sure I'm not the first to bring it to attention. It should be on 36 pt. bold red letters and the first line of the TOS not burried at the bottom.

Dave

Last edited by sdsheeks on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
sdsheeks
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

booma wrote:
sdsheeks wrote:
Anyway I've talked with my bank and it will be taken care of on this end.

My guess is that your bank will not be able to "fix" this since it isn't broken. You agreed to the terms when you signed up, just because you didn't read them doesn't mean you are not legally responsible for the fee.

I agree that the early disconnect fee is not right up front, nor do I think it's a good practice, but that does not change your legal responsibility. Good luck...

Then help spread the word about it and maybe it will go away! I could understand if I held some of their hardware, but I don't. I paid for it and now I am not using the hardware. I wasn't renting it. I think the fee should apply if you are renting their hardware, but not if you purchased your own device.

Dave
xcrunxc
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sdsheeks wrote:
Then help spread the word about it and maybe it will go away! I could understand if I held some of their hardware, but I don't. I paid for it and now I am not using the hardware. I wasn't renting it. I think the fee should apply if you are renting their hardware, but not if you purchased your own device.

Dave

No-one "Rents" their hardware. Every piece of hardware that they send out belongs to you. They give it to you for a cheap price, and say you have to either send it back or pay the full price if you cancel your service within X amount of months(usually 3) as the terms of them selling it to you for almost nothing(or free for the VT2442 now). The only other time you would send back your device would be if it was defective and they swap it for you, or you cancel during the money back guarantee to get a full refund.
sdsheeks
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xcrunxc wrote:
sdsheeks wrote:

Dave

No-one "Rents" their hardware. Every piece of hardware that they send out belongs to you. They give it to you for a cheap price, and say you have to either send it back or pay the full price if you cancel your service within X amount of months(usually 3) as the terms of them selling it to you for almost nothing(or free for the VT2442 now). The only other time you would send back your device would be if it was defective and they swap it for you, or you cancel during the money back guarantee to get a full refund.

Interesting Read:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/ip-telephony/?p=1140

Maybe I'm not done with this.

Dave
theque
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Our service took 15 days to port which on the face is acceptable after reading all the contract info. However, we were unable to receive ANY incoming calls for an additional 9 days. Every time a call was picked up from a landline or cell phone, it would disconnect. I was promised 48-72 hours to fix. After the seventh day and bearing in mind the 30 day period, I opted to try and port the number back to Verizon. We were told by Vonage that we had to leave the account active until the number ported back. When we cancelled, it was 2 days past the 30 day mark and were charged for the disconnect fee and the device fee, $90...no exceptions. Even though the entire event was caused by Vonage, no respnsibility was taken by the folks we talked with!!! I am currently talking to their executive response team trying to reach a resolve. Complaint to the FCC and dispute letters to my credit union are already filed as well. Any suggestions?
sdsheeks
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

theque wrote:
Our service took 15 days to port which on the face is acceptable after reading all the contract info. However, we were unable to receive ANY incoming calls for an additional 9 days. Every time a call was picked up from a landline or cell phone, it would disconnect. I was promised 48-72 hours to fix. After the seventh day and bearing in mind the 30 day period, I opted to try and port the number back to Verizon. We were told by Vonage that we had to leave the account active until the number ported back. When we cancelled, it was 2 days past the 30 day mark and were charged for the disconnect fee and the device fee, $90...no exceptions. Even though the entire event was caused by Vonage, no respnsibility was taken by the folks we talked with!!! I am currently talking to their executive response team trying to reach a resolve. Complaint to the FCC and dispute letters to my credit union are already filed as well. Any suggestions?

No suggestions as of yet. I'm just another unhappy person and the number seems to be growing fast. i'm going to see what happens with my bank and if they insist on charging me again I'll deal with that then.

I told them on the phone which was recorded that I do not authorize ANY charges to my card either for cancellation or for service. We'll see.

Dave
xcrunxc
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

theque wrote:
Our service took 15 days to port which on the face is acceptable after reading all the contract info. However, we were unable to receive ANY incoming calls for an additional 9 days. Every time a call was picked up from a landline or cell phone, it would disconnect. I was promised 48-72 hours to fix. After the seventh day and bearing in mind the 30 day period, I opted to try and port the number back to Verizon. We were told by Vonage that we had to leave the account active until the number ported back. When we canceled, it was 2 days past the 30 day mark and were charged for the disconnect fee and the device fee, $90...no exceptions. Even though the entire event was caused by Vonage, no responsibility was taken by the folks we talked with!!! I am currently talking to their executive response team trying to reach a resolve. Complaint to the FCC and dispute letters to my credit union are already filed as well. Any suggestions?

Vonage advertises 20 days MINIMUM for porting a number over to them. 24 days is a very good length of time for the LNP process to complete and you should be happy that it went that fast. And, yes you have to keep your account active to port a number into or out of ANY carrier, not just Vonage. Did Verizon refund your money for the time you had to keep their service active while porting your number to Vonage? I didn't think so, so why would Vonage?

Their terms of service which you agreed clearly state that the money back guarantee period is 30 days, with no exceptions. Vonage did not force you to keep your service active, you CHOSE to keep it active past the 30 day mark, and you CHOSE to originally port your number to Vonage. You could have canceled at any time during the money back guarantee and they would have refunded everything that you had paid up to that point. If you didn't like the TOS no one forced you to agree to it, again you CHOSE to agree to it to get service from Vonage.

Now, I understand that it is frustrating that you were having problems with an incomplete port, but I assure you that they were working on it and if you had stuck it out they would have resolved your issue. There are unfortunately a lot of issues with the LNP process and each error must be looked at by an agent and where needed(most likely in your case) paperwork must be submitted or resubmitted to the LEC to get the port completed if there is an error. This does take time, and LEC's aren't exactly dropping what they are doing to fix issues with outgoing number ports where they are losing a customer and there is not much Vonage can do to make them move any faster.
sdsheeks
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xcrunxc wrote:
theque wrote:
Our service took 15 days to port which on the face is acceptable after reading all the contract info. However, we were unable to receive ANY incoming calls for an additional 9 days. Every time a call was picked up from a landline or cell phone, it would disconnect. I was promised 48-72 hours to fix. After the seventh day and bearing in mind the 30 day period, I opted to try and port the number back to Verizon. We were told by Vonage that we had to leave the account active until the number ported back. When we canceled, it was 2 days past the 30 day mark and were charged for the disconnect fee and the device fee, $90...no exceptions. Even though the entire event was caused by Vonage, no responsibility was taken by the folks we talked with!!! I am currently talking to their executive response team trying to reach a resolve. Complaint to the FCC and dispute letters to my credit union are already filed as well. Any suggestions?

Vonage advertises 20 days MINIMUM for porting a number over to them. 24 days is a very good length of time for the LNP process to complete and you should be happy that it went that fast. And, yes you have to keep your account active to port a number into or out of ANY carrier, not just Vonage. Did Verizon refund your money for the time you had to keep their service active while porting your number to Vonage? I didn't think so, so why would Vonage?

Their terms of service which you agreed clearly state that the money back guarantee period is 30 days, with no exceptions. Vonage did not force you to keep your service active, you CHOSE to keep it active past the 30 day mark, and you CHOSE to originally port your number to Vonage. You could have canceled at any time during the money back guarantee and they would have refunded everything that you had paid up to that point. If you didn't like the TOS no one forced you to agree to it, again you CHOSE to agree to it to get service from Vonage.

Now, I understand that it is frustrating that you were having problems with an incomplete port, but I assure you that they were working on it and if you had stuck it out they would have resolved your issue. There are unfortunately a lot of issues with the LNP process and each error must be looked at by an agent and where needed(most likely in your case) paperwork must be submitted or resubmitted to the LEC to get the port completed if there is an error. This does take time, and LEC's aren't exactly dropping what they are doing to fix issues with outgoing number ports where they are losing a customer and there is not much Vonage can do to make them move any faster.

How do you like working for Vonage.....

You make it so obvious.

Dave
theque
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Correct in that the choice is mine and the time period mentioned for porting is up to 20 days. The porting was not the issue. The number porting actually was rather quick. The line just never worked. The 30 day period is meant to evaluate the service and with the restrictions placed by the contract this is not possible with interrupted or incomplete service.

It would be simple to cancel the service and change phone numbers but that is not practical. Most people signing up for the service port a current number over to Vonage. The same to maintain the number when cancelling is true. If Vonage stands behind their service then the 30 day period should account for the porting and any problems created by the company. The consumer should not bear the costs.

As stated, I tried to work within the 30 day period, but obviously the free month Vonage offers is not for evaluation, but rather to work their kinks out.

And as to costs while porting...no, that is how we received calls, still on the landline. No request was made to receive credit for service during that time.

Your post was informational providing technical snips...Thank you for the input.
xcrunxc
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sdsheeks wrote:

How do you like working for Vonage.....

You make it so obvious.

Dave

Wrong, but I do work for a phone company so I understand how these things work and I guess I sympathize with them a little too much.(Even though Vonage is not technically a phone company.) I don't mean to come off so harsh, but at the very least I was hoping to give you some insight as to how Vonage/Other phone providers see it but I may have gone a little too far there. But, if you do have any questions or want further info on LNP and other topics I may know about, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them in a civil manner.