How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
schwetty
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Netgear WNR834B to WRTP54G Help Reply with quote Back to top

Ok first of all I am a newbie so please use really basic words Razz. So I got tired of the router I got from Vonage because the signal is really low for my computers. I put the router in the basement and I cant even get good signal on first floor. So I went and buy NetGear range max WNR834B router. I hooked up the new router after the WRTP54g. I can connect to the internet hard wired to the new router but not wirelessly. Can anyone help? I can connect to the wireless network but no internet. Also, can you tell me how to set up the old router correctly. I turned of the wireless and the QoS. Is that all?
arcking
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you running Windows XP on the wireless computer? If see what your IP address is by going to your Network Connections, then click on your wireless connection and refer to the Details section on the left-hand side for your IP address.

You should be able to leave the old router as is. Turning off the wireless is a good idea, but I think you want the QoS enabled (can someone confirm?).

brian188
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You should set up your network this way: Cable/Dsl Modem -> Netgear Wireless router -> Vonage router with everything turned off (QoS, Dhcp, firewalls, wireless, etc,) Connect your PC's wirelessly to the netgear router.

On the Vonage router connected behind a wireless router, you should disable everything including QoS, because at this point it is NOT a router anymore. It is simply an ATA. The QoS will no longer have any effect since the network is not running through the Vonage device any longer.

If you ask me this is by far the ideal set-up. Let's face it Vonage isn't in the router/adapter business, so they don't exactly sell the best equipment. Using the adapter as a router, will have negative effect despite the QoS setting. Turn everything off and set it behind a good quality router and you shouldn't have too many problems. Asking the Vonage device to manage Voip calls, route 2 or more computers wirelessly, then prioritize the service through QoS is a bit too much to ask for a free or $50-$100 device. There are devices out there capable of this, but not available through Vonage.
schwetty
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was with netgear customer service last night for hours and still can figure it out. I have followed what you 2 said. Now my desktop puter hard wired to the new router works. My Voip works. But my lap top still doesnt work. It can see the new wireless network, it can connect to it but I cant get on the internet. Is it because of my wireless card?? It should work universally right? I got Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN.

Also, Do I need to assign static IP for Vonage?
schwetty
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also, what happen if I start a security? Will I still be able to use Vonage? Because I could not input the password using my phone Razz (sorry, might be dumb question)
arcking
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

schwetty wrote:
Also, what happen if I start a security? Will I still be able to use Vonage? Because I could not input the password using my phone Razz (sorry, might be dumb question)

What type of security? Encryption for your wireless network? You shouldn't need to do anything with the WRTP54g if its wired to the Netgear.

schwetty wrote:
my lap top still doesnt work. It can see the new wireless network, it can connect to it but I cant get on the internet.

Are you using XP? Try those steps and see if you have an IP starting with 192.168____

schwetty wrote:
Is it because of my wireless card?? It should work universally right? I got Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN.

That card should work.

schwetty
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Arcking, I did what you told me and yes the ip is 192.168.1.2. What do I do? I really dont want to call Netgear customer service again. My cellphone doesnt do very well in the basement plus when he tells me stuff to change in the configuration page, it cuts my Voip and I have to reboot the modem and the router again.
arcking
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can the laptop connect to the internet when it is plugged into the router with a wire? This confirm whether its the wireless, or the laptop. I had previously thought it was the same computer, but on a second review I see you have the laptop and the desktop.

Was your laptop configured for any internet services before now, wired or wireless?

schwetty
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The laptop is not the problem. When I turn my Vonage router wireless setting again, I can get on line. I also take my laptop to work and my wireless and wired connections are fine. I usually use the laptop wired at work and wireless at home.
arcking
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have absolutely no clue.

Can anybody else help schwetty?