How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Stock
ckudrna
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KeithR wrote:
ckudrna wrote:
i am still not paying.

This entire process was fouled up by Vonage. it goes way beyond just the underwriters, and now includes all of management and their complete lack of foresight.

Good point. They should have foreseen that if the stock price went down, they would be dealing with a bunch of excuse-making deadbeats. Unfortunately, chasing riff-raff is a cost of doing business.

You fail to acknowledge that the way things went might be illegal. You are just upset that you did pay and all this information about possible illegalities are now out, after you are out a bunch of money.

I hope you feel better thinking that you are such a good citizen because you came through with an agreement that is more and more looking like certain aspects of it were illegal.
KeithR
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ckudrna wrote:

You fail to acknowledge that the way things went might be illegal. You are just upset that you did pay and all this information about possible illegalities are now out, after you are out a bunch of money.

I hope you feel better thinking that you are such a good citizen because you came through with an agreement that is more and more looking like certain aspects of it were illegal.

I signed up, then opted out, Remember? You are forgetting to whom you replied.

It would make me feel better if you could say with a straight face that you would be seeking to unwind this deal if Vonage were trading at $50 right now. After all, illegal is illegal. If it is illegal for you to owe money on a falling stock, then it must also be illegal for you to owe money on a rising stock.

I will never apologize for my morality. I play everything the same whether I stand to win or lose. There is an ancient proverb that says, "Happy is the man that swears to his own hurt and does not change." That has always been my rule, and I have found the proverb to be true. I'm happier for living this way, and I don't plan to change.

I'm only 43 years old, but I have lived long enough to observe that whining, blaming, complainers never do well in life, and they drag down the people around them. When I run across people like this, I get rid of them. If they are clients, I fire them; if they are friends, I dump them; if they are relatives, I avoid them.

Successful people take the hit, laugh it off, and go on. They turn it into a great cocktail story and get some satisfaction that way.

You may -- and probably will -- do as you like. But one thing is important for you to know. Your reaction has more to do with the kind of person you are than with the facts at hand.
ckudrna
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KeithR wrote:
ckudrna wrote:

I signed up, then opted out, Remember? You are forgetting to whom you replied.

It would make me feel better if you could say with a straight face that you would be seeking to unwind this deal if Vonage were trading at $50 right now. After all, illegal is illegal. If it is illegal for you to owe money on a falling stock, then it must also be illegal for you to owe money on a rising stock.

I will never apologize for my morality. I play everything the same whether I stand to win or lose. There is an ancient proverb that says, "Happy is the man that swears to his own hurt and does not change." That has always been my rule, and I have found the proverb to be true. I'm happier for living this way, and I don't plan to change.

I'm only 43 years old, but I have lived long enough to observe that whining, blaming, complainers never do well in life, and they drag down the people around them. When I run across people like this, I get rid of them. If they are clients, I fire them; if they are friends, I dump them; if they are relatives, I avoid them.

Successful people take the hit, laugh it off, and go on. They turn it into a great cocktail story and get some satisfaction that way.

You may -- and probably will -- do as you like. But one thing is important for you to know. Your reaction has more to do with the kind of person you are than with the facts at hand.

I could not finish your whole post, I was laughing to hard.

First off, I have no idea who you are. I certainly am not going to remember that you opted out or whatever you did. Your activities have no bearing in my life.

Secondly, it is the possible illegal and inappropiate acts that caused the stock price to fall. If these activities did not take place, then how would VG be trading at $50?

I am a member of the financial community, and have a bit more of an idea than you on what I think is the correct course of action, and what I think the result of my actions will be. I am very happy that this forum is blessed to have such a high ranking moral officer of the world participating in it.

If you did not participate in the DSP, you have no reason to be offering any advice or comments in this thread, as it concerns only those people who submitted an offer. I appreciate your interest in VG stock and the DSP program, but as you did not participate, your comments and input are of no importance.
WDBryant
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: False Pretenses Reply with quote Back to top

arsveloce wrote:
However, I find out that the artwork is a fake just before I sign my check. We have a contract, but the contract is made under false pretenses and is therefore unenforceable by the crook dealer.

I DO NOT HAVE TO PAY.

If a jury finds that there was no material misrepresentation, I will have a duty to uphold my end of this "bargain." Until then, hold on to your checks folks.

What "false pretenses"? You knew going in the price was going to be between $16 and$18 dollars so how can a jury find there was "material misrepresentation. Do you ask for your bet back in Las Vegas too?

WDB
Trowski
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: False Pretenses Reply with quote Back to top

WDBryant wrote:
arsveloce wrote:
However, I find out that the artwork is a fake just before I sign my check. We have a contract, but the contract is made under false pretenses and is therefore unenforceable by the crook dealer.

I DO NOT HAVE TO PAY.

If a jury finds that there was no material misrepresentation, I will have a duty to uphold my end of this "bargain." Until then, hold on to your checks folks.

What "false pretenses"? You knew going in the price was going to be between $16 and$18 dollars so how can a jury find there was "material misrepresentation. Do you ask for your bet back in Las Vegas too?

WDB

WDB, that was too good.

This thread just really makes me laugh. Thanks guys, I needed it!

Without saying how and why, you are obligated to pay for the shares that were allocated, even if you received less than requested. The moving back of the payment date is simply extensions filed with the exchanges on your behalf. Only individuals who meet capital or trading requirements are allowed to participate and purchase shares in an IPO. If you were able to purchase these shares, then you have demonstrated that you are "a sophisticated investor" and I find it very hard to believe that you did not know what you were getting into.

Good luck!

gfoulks
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ckudrna wrote:

I could not finish your whole post, I was laughing to hard.

First off, I have no idea who you are. I certainly am not going to remember that you opted out or whatever you did. Your activities have no bearing in my life.

Secondly, it is the possible illegal and inappropiate acts that caused the stock price to fall. If these activities did not take place, then how would VG be trading at $50?

I am a member of the financial community, and have a bit more of an idea than you on what I think is the correct course of action, and what I think the result of my actions will be. I am very happy that this forum is blessed to have such a high ranking moral officer of the world participating in it.

If you did not participate in the DSP, you have no reason to be offering any advice or comments in this thread, as it concerns only those people who submitted an offer. I appreciate your interest in VG stock and the DSP program, but as you did not participate, your comments and input are of no importance.

Well ckudrna if your now the keeper of the thread maybe you should look at your current standing. By your definition you are also not allowed to comment because you did not participate in the DSP. You've not paid your commitment so your not part of the program. Therefore your comments are of no importance.

Please share with the group how you fit into the financial community. Why, so I can avoid the company you work for. Do others in your "financial" community know you do not pay your debts?
audiotron
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the first mistake is calling it a "debt."

ITS NOT!!!

It is a transaction and one party believes (rightfully or wrongfully) that the other party did not hold up to its end of the bargain.
gfoulks
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: My Last Post on this Issue Reply with quote Back to top

This is going to be last post on this issue. I wish everyone who has decided not pay the best of luck. I am one who never wishes ill on anybody. I will though take a moment to hopefully reach a couple of people who are on the fence still.

Just because someone on a forum such as this has tried the best they can to explain why they think they won't get in trouble for their actions, does not make it an excuse to also follow suit. Remember when you mother used to ask you, "If they told you to jump off the bridge, you would not do it, right?"

Just because class actions have been filed doesn't mean squat right now. To my knowledge none of them have lead plaintiffs so they are nothing more fillings with the court.

If you refuse to pay then that is a decision you've made. I ask you is the risk worth it? Seek console from an attorney before you decide you want to fight this. If you think your small potatoes and Vonage won't do something, think again. They've already made a public statement that they will fight any law suit vigorously. Think about all of those people who have been busted by the recording industry. They thought that they were small potatoes and look at what happened to them.

Get professional help and advice from a licensed attorney experienced in these matters.

Good Luck.
KeithR
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

audiotron wrote:
the first mistake is calling it a "debt."

ITS NOT!!!

It is a transaction and one party believes (rightfully or wrongfully) that the other party did not hold up to its end of the bargain.

Just what bargain did they not deliver on? They gave you the IPO. It looks to me like it is you who is not delivering.
ckudrna
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to make a request for this site.

I think that under the Vonage stock ticker there should be a "% decline since IPO price". That would be just silly. Then we can all watch it go down to 100%, and maybe place some side bets and see who will come closest.