Sign up
 Vonage  

       
 
Vonage Forum Menu

Vonage Forums
Vonage VoIP Forum
mikebrown Posted:
Hello
there, Please
check out -
http://www.vonage-
forum.com/home-wir
ing-installation-g
uide.html
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
Hardwiring in a Rental House
On Oct 24, 2017 at 22:29:48

mikebrown Posted:
Hello, I think
you should consult
it with the Expert
they can surely
help you
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
Hardwiring in a Rental House
On Jun 24, 2017 at 09:15:34

Haniltery Posted:
For wipe call
history also some
of the offline, in
gengral , it
usually apply to
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
How to Delete call history from online account?
On May 09, 2017 at 06:14:26

diana87 Posted:
You have to use
VPN service to
bypass
Geo-restrictions
and get free
access while
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Recent calling problem from Egypt
On May 02, 2017 at 17:28:06

dconnor Posted:
What is the main
number on the
account? And
which one is the
virtual number?
...

In The Forum:
Vonage UK
Topic:
How do you call 999
On Apr 27, 2017 at 18:52:02

Trafford Posted:
Seems like a
simple
question. We
rely exclusively
on a Vonage system
for our
...

In The Forum:
Vonage UK
Topic:
How do you call 999
On Apr 27, 2017 at 10:42:50

diazou Posted:
Hello, It's
compatible with
Android your phone
software
? Thanks!
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Mar 28, 2017 at 12:42:33

jeddaisg Posted:
Hi all We have
a Vonage VOIP
system for our
office. Lately,
our call quality
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Ethernet Cable; Wiring schematic? 568-B?
On Feb 23, 2017 at 18:33:52

beast321 Posted:
I don't know if
you heard, that
many more
Dreamcast games
are opened up
recently.
...

In The Forum:
Fax - Tivo - Alarms
Topic:
Using phone as a dial up modem for Dreamcast Gaming
On Feb 16, 2017 at 03:16:51

Av8rix Posted:
Sorry to start a
new thread on an
old topic but when
I google “Vonage
MAC address
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
New adapter and router -- MAC change
On Jan 11, 2017 at 01:07:21


Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Expands International Presence with Investments in Asia Pacific Region

Vonage to Present at the Oppenheimer 20th Annual Technology, Internet & Communications Conference

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months



Review: My First Day With Vonage, Excellent!
Review: My First Day With Vonage, Excellent!



Great Price, No Complaints
Great Price, No Complaints



You need some common sense.
You need some common sense.



Vonage Customer Review: One month with Vonage, and...
Vonage Customer Review: One month with Vonage, and...




Vonage Reviews


Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Stock
Author Message
ShelChgo
Vonage Forum Senior
Vonage Forum Senior


Joined: Feb 27, 2006
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: I decide no when reviewing the financials. Reply with quote Back to top

If you eliminate ALL estimated marketing costs, used their new subscriber projections and assumed NO subscriber loss, they would still have an operating loss in 2006.

If you really looked at the number and read the prospectus you wyould have to say this is a company that has no future other than as an aquisition by a cable company.
View user's profile Send private message
LuisPR
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master


Joined: Oct 08, 2004
Posts: 292

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And now you have it complete with a qoute from Vonage - said yesterday that it would reimburse the bankers who handled the sale if any Vonage customers refused to pay for shares that were allotted to them
View user's profile Send private message
spatel0169
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: May 31, 2006
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Vonage to buy back shares for those not willing to pay. Reply with quote Back to top

That is outrageous. I was allotted 300 shares and although i did not want the shares but made the payment of $5100 in good faith hoping that if Vonage customers are given a way out of this one they would not discriminate against those paying up vs those that did not pay. If Vonage punishes me for paying up while rewards those who did not, that would be the outrageous and l will surely hold a grudge and hang-up on them.

Beside I am still don't have access to sell my shares in the SSB account!

Mad
View user's profile Send private message
spatel0169
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: May 31, 2006
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my god. I just found out the money has already been deducted from my account. What should I do?
View user's profile Send private message
Marquee
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: May 08, 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also am angry that those who do not follow the rules are being rewarded while those of us who paid as agreed are left with a loss. Not fair, Vonage. If it stays that way I will cancel my account. I don't mind taking the loss, but I will not stand by while Vonage picks and chooses who it bails out. Either we all take it on the chin or we are all bailed out. Just rescind the whole thing already.

I spoke to a broker at SB yesterday and he said, "I don't know what is going to happen."

We'll see.
View user's profile Send private message
bigtuna
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: May 21, 2006
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a total outrage.

I, too, paid immediately for my shares as requested even though on the day it opened to trade it was already heading south. Still, I was honoring my part of the agreement to pay for this, for better or for worse.

Now it seems that those who held back, perhaps intending to stiff the underwriters, are the ones who are rewarded. But this flies in the face of fairness. Allowing some investors "off the hook", while sticking other investors with "left holding the bag", is a clear-cut case of discrimination.

There is no doubt in my mind that there will be a class-action lawsuit against Vonage if it indulges in a discriminatory effort.

Vonage's "clean-up" is turning into a bigger mess than the IPO itself. I've been sitting on the sidelines biting my tongue this whole time, but now it's obvious to me that Vonage is run by crooks, idiots, or both. The fact that they can actually deliver a decent product is baffling.

I believe there will be one of the following 3 scenarios:

A) Vonage will face a class-action lawsuit if it decides to discriminate which investors are "screwed" and which are let off the hook.

B) Vonage will let this dog continue to trade, everyone will be held accountable to pay for their shares or face fines and penalties. There will probably still be a class-action lawsuit by all shareholders.

C) Vonage will rescind the IPO. Everyone gets their money back. No lawsuit.


Given the facts that the IPO was incorrectly priced and to avoid a barrage of class-action lawsuits with no realistic way to get people to pay up while not screwing other investors who did pay, leads me to believe that Vonage will have no choice but to go with choice C). Rescind the IPO and refund everyone 100% of their investment.

At this point, I'm about 40% that it will be choice B), 60% that it will be choice C). Choice A) is just stupid and will get the company sued faster than the stock can drop 25%.
View user's profile Send private message
chuk
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: May 30, 2006
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say choice A) has an 80% chance, choice B) 20% and choice C) 0%
View user's profile Send private message
bigtuna
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: May 21, 2006
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

chuk wrote:
I'd say choice A) has an 80% chance, choice B) 20% and choice C) 0%


I would find it hard to believe that Vonage would choose an anti-discrimination class-action lawsuit, over rescinding the IPO.

However, they do have a pattern of making dumb decisions.

If they pull some *beep* like "we've decided to give everyone who paid for the IPO, 3 free months of Vonage service as our "thank you for paying", I am going to kick a puppy.
View user's profile Send private message
Dakota
New Forum Member
New Forum Member


Joined: May 23, 2006
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What everyone fails to realize (i did too initially) is that it is stated in the IPO prospectus that Vonage would pay back the underwriters if subscribers failed to pay or take delivery of their shares. The company paying them back should not be new news if those who read the report.

Take it a step further, this was a riskless investment in some senses. If Vonage was required to reimburse the underwriters I could have just subscribed for shares, renegged on paying if it went down, and cashed in if it went up.
View user's profile Send private message
bigtuna
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: May 21, 2006
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Legal Eagles Eye Vonage

Vonage (VG:NYSE) could find itself facing class-action lawsuits after last week's botched initial public offering, according to securities lawyers.

Vonage now confronts ...possible legal issues. For one, Vonage would raise eyebrows if it made whole some investors burned by the IPO and not others.

complete story at TheStreet.com
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Vonage Service Plans


Vonage VoIP Members
Members List Members
New patsykf3
New Today 0
Yesterday 0
Total 101029

Who Is On Site
Visitors 2
Members 0
Total 2


Vonage VoIP Forum Members:
Login Here
Not a Member? You can Register Here
As a registered member you will have access to the VoIP Speed Test, Vonage Service Announcements and post comments in the
Vonage VoIP Forums

Site Search
 






†AK and HI residents pay $29.95 shipping. ††Limited time offer. Valid for residents of the United States (&DC), 18 years or older, who open new accounts. Offer good while supplies last and only on new account activations. One kit per account/household. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, promotions or plans and is not applicable to past purchases. Good while supplies last. Allow up to 2 weeks for shipping. Other restrictions may apply.

1Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.

2Shipping and activation fees waived with 1-year agreement. An Early Termination Fee (with periodic pro-rated reductions) applies if service is terminated before the end of the first 12 months. Additional restrictions may apply. See Terms of Service for details.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET REQUIRED. †VALID FOR NEW LINES ONLY. RATES EXCLUDE INTERNET SERVICE, SURCHARGES, FEES AND TAXES. DEVICE MAY BE REFURBISHED. If you subscribe to plans with monthly minutes allotments, all call minutes placed from both from your home and registered ExtensionsTM phones will count toward your monthly minutes allotment. ExtensionsTM calls made from mobiles use airtime and may incur surcharges, depending on your mobile plan. Alarms, TTY and other systems may not be compatible. Vonage 911 service operates differently than traditional 911. See www.vonage.com/911 for details.

** Certain call types excluded.

www.vonage-forum.com is not an official Vonage support website & is independently operated.
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All comments are property of their posters.
All other www.vonage-forum.com content is © Copyright 2002 - 2013 by 4Sight Media LLC.

Thinking of signing up for Vonage but have questions?
Business and Residential customers can call Toll Free 24 hours a day at: 1-888-692-8074
No Vonage Promotion Code or Coupon Codes are required at www.vonage.com to receive any special,
best Vonage cheap deals, free sign up offers or discounts.

[ | | | | | ]

Vonage Forum Site Maps

Vonage | VoIP Forum | How VoIP Works | Wiring and Installation Page Two | International Rate Plans 2 | Internet Phone
Promotion | Vonage Review | VoIP | Broadband Phone | Free Month | Rebate | Vonnage | Vontage | VoIP | Phone Service
Phone | llamadas ilimitadas a Mexico | Latest News | VoIP Acronyms | Deal | Philippines Globe Phone | Site Maps

The Vonage Forum provides the Vonage sign up Best Offer Promotion Deal.
If you are considering signing up for Vonage and have found our Vonage News, Customer Reviews, Forums
& all other parts of this site useful, please use our Vonage Sign up page.


Vonage VoIP Phone Service is redefining communications by offering consumers
& small business VoIP Internet phones, an affordable alternative to traditional phone service.
The Vonage VoIP Forum Generated This Page In: 0.31 Seconds and Pages In The Last 60 Seconds
The Vonage VoIP Forum