Sign up
 Vonage  

       
 
Vonage Forum Menu

Vonage Forums
Vonage VoIP Forum
MichaelMub Posted:
PORN...
In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
The best pron
On Dec 04, 2016 at 10:22:56

Dwightkaw Posted:
kredyt bez
zaświadcze
24; kredyt bez
zaświadcze
24; o dochodach
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
kredyt bez zaświadczeń
On Dec 03, 2016 at 03:27:10

Kevingrarl Posted:
Су
95;ас&
#1085;иl
1;
пі
76;пр&
#1080;&
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Сучас&
On Dec 02, 2016 at 12:51:38

IsaawUnace Posted:
does cialis work
as well as cialis
add.cgi buy
cialis cialis
the team <a
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Condition good pill instead of ed
On Dec 01, 2016 at 11:11:59

MatrickVop Posted:
buy cialis today
columbus oh
generic cialis
buy cialis online
registered users
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Classify miserly pills no means
On Nov 28, 2016 at 10:42:47

dracossumo Posted:
Ко
84;па&
#1085;иn
3; Tritel
пр
77;до
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
&#1048;&#1085;&#1090;&#1077;&#1088;&
On Nov 27, 2016 at 23:00:39

DWSupport Posted:
After recent
Vonage update that
took place on the
4th and 5th of
Nov. E-mails with
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Voicemail Not Forwarding to Outlook Accounts
On Nov 10, 2016 at 12:23:26

peterlee Posted:
Had a call from a
Hospital in Ajax,
Ontario to my home
in
Scarborough, Onta
rio
...

In The Forum:
Vonage Canada
Topic:
Hospital Incoming call unable to connect
On Nov 08, 2016 at 11:59:50

TELLDOUG Posted:
I am looking for a
product that will
make my phone ring
louder so I can
hear using
...

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
Looking for a ringer ameliorate
On Oct 26, 2016 at 09:21:30

HildBeft Posted:
You can recollect
password by
connecting the
router to your pc
and open the
browser
...

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49


Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal



Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review



Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006



Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review



Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months




Vonage Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
Author Message
brick411
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Sep 30, 2005
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: QoS Reply with quote Back to top

i am new into this QoS feature and after reading about it, i see that it could be a great benifet for me since using bittorrent and placing a call arnt best friends. i have 2 routers laying around that i thought id look for if they had the QoS feature in them but i didnt see it. i searched online to see how much a router costed that had the QoS feature and it costs a bit more than im willing to spend on. i have also read online that there is a way to download a customized firmware that has the QoS feature in it. i was wondering if this really works or if its just something to damage my router. i have 2 routers laying around that im willing to flash to the customized frimware. one is a Belkin 802.11g and the other is a Linksys 802.11b. if there is a customized frimware out there that would work in either of those routers, i would greatly apreciate it if i could know where to find one to download.
View user's profile Send private message
blakadher
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Dec 23, 2005
Posts: 476
Location: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: QoS Reply with quote Back to top

brick411 wrote:
i am new into this QoS feature and after reading about it, i see that it could be a great benifet for me since using bittorrent and placing a call arnt best friends. i have 2 routers laying around that i thought id look for if they had the QoS feature in them but i didnt see it. i searched online to see how much a router costed that had the QoS feature and it costs a bit more than im willing to spend on. i have also read online that there is a way to download a customized firmware that has the QoS feature in it. i was wondering if this really works or if its just something to damage my router. i have 2 routers laying around that im willing to flash to the customized frimware. one is a Belkin 802.11g and the other is a Linksys 802.11b. if there is a customized frimware out there that would work in either of those routers, i would greatly apreciate it if i could know where to find one to download.

Yeah, you can't just throw any old firmware on a router. You need to find one that is compatible with the particular model of router you're using. I'd be surprised if there was a 3rd party firmware out for the Belkin. I think you'll find that the abundance of 3rd party firmware for consumer routers is for the Linksys WRT54G series of routers.

_________________
Blakadher Legend
RTP300 behind a D-Link 614+ on Comcast
http://vonage.luthertech.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
brick411
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Sep 30, 2005
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: QoS Reply with quote Back to top

blakadher wrote:
brick411 wrote:
i am new into this QoS feature and after reading about it, i see that it could be a great benifet for me since using bittorrent and placing a call arnt best friends. i have 2 routers laying around that i thought id look for if they had the QoS feature in them but i didnt see it. i searched online to see how much a router costed that had the QoS feature and it costs a bit more than im willing to spend on. i have also read online that there is a way to download a customized firmware that has the QoS feature in it. i was wondering if this really works or if its just something to damage my router. i have 2 routers laying around that im willing to flash to the customized frimware. one is a Belkin 802.11g and the other is a Linksys 802.11b. if there is a customized frimware out there that would work in either of those routers, i would greatly apreciate it if i could know where to find one to download.

Yeah, you can't just throw any old firmware on a router. You need to find one that is compatible with the particular model of router you're using. I'd be surprised if there was a 3rd party firmware out for the Belkin. I think you'll find that the abundance of 3rd party firmware for consumer routers is for the Linksys WRT54G series of routers.


yes i am hearing that there are a good bit of custom frimware out for the WRT54G routers. i wonder if there might be one for my Linksys wirelessB router. where might be a good place to look for a custom firmware for it?
View user's profile Send private message
blakadher
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Dec 23, 2005
Posts: 476
Location: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: QoS Reply with quote Back to top

brick411 wrote:
yes i am hearing that there are a good bit of custom frimware out for the WRT54G routers. i wonder if there might be one for my Linksys wirelessB router. where might be a good place to look for a custom firmware for it?

You could try searching Google for the model number and "firmware".

_________________
Blakadher Legend
RTP300 behind a D-Link 614+ on Comcast
http://vonage.luthertech.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
brick411
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Sep 30, 2005
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i tried google but i couldnt find anything for the specific router i have. its the Linksys Wireless B broadband router model # BEFW11S4 v4 with the latest firmware from linksys website. is there any alternative to QoS? for example maybe a software that might do the same thing?
View user's profile Send private message
blakadher
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Dec 23, 2005
Posts: 476
Location: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

brick411 wrote:
i tried google but i couldnt find anything for the specific router i have. its the Linksys Wireless B broadband router model # BEFW11S4 v4 with the latest firmware from linksys website. is there any alternative to QoS? for example maybe a software that might do the same thing?

Ah, yeah...I don't think that router has an open architecture that allows for 3rd party firmware. TBH, the only Linksys router that I've ever heard in regards to 3rd party firmware is the WRT54G series.

As for an alternative to QOS, it's really a function of the router which has to prioritize network traffic. It wouldn't surprise me if there are companies out there selling some type of QOS software, but I bet it wouldn't do anything worthwhile.

_________________
Blakadher Legend
RTP300 behind a D-Link 614+ on Comcast
http://vonage.luthertech.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
paul248
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Nov 25, 2004
Posts: 644
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only Linksys in production now that supports 3rd-party firmware well is the WRT54GL. The older revisions of the WRT54G and GS do also, but those are harder to find.

There's also the Buffalo WHR-G54S. I've got one of those at home running DD-WRT and it works nicely.

Actually, I think it's possible to put DD-WRT on some of the early revisions of the Belkin 54g routers, so you might want to look into that...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
brick411
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Sep 30, 2005
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yay! the belkin router i have can run that firmware! now, do i just download the dd-wrt.23sp1 standard and run it?
View user's profile Send private message
paul248
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist


Joined: Nov 25, 2004
Posts: 644
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which model number and version is your Belkin?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
brick411
Vonage Forum Junior
Vonage Forum Junior


Joined: Sep 30, 2005
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i have the Belkin F5D7230-4 v.1444. it says that the router i have only has a 2MB flash so the only one that could possible fit is the micro version. i gave it a try and the router rejected the firmware. Sad
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Vonage Service Plans


Vonage VoIP Members
Members List Members
New gaylemv3
New Today 2
Yesterday 8
Total 99011

Who Is On Site
Visitors 83
Members 0
Total 83


Vonage VoIP Forum Members:
Login Here
Not a Member? You can Register Here
As a registered member you will have access to the VoIP Speed Test, Vonage Service Announcements and post comments in the
Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage Stock Price
Value: 6.57
Change:   N/A
Up to 15 Minute Delay

Site Search
 






†AK and HI residents pay $29.95 shipping. ††Limited time offer. Valid for residents of the United States (&DC), 18 years or older, who open new accounts. Offer good while supplies last and only on new account activations. One kit per account/household. Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, promotions or plans and is not applicable to past purchases. Good while supplies last. Allow up to 2 weeks for shipping. Other restrictions may apply.

1Unlimited calling and other services for all residential plans are based on normal residential, personal, non-commercial use. A combination of factors is used to determine abnormal use, including but not limited to: the number of unique numbers called, calls forwarded, minutes used and other factors. Subject to our Reasonable Use Policy and Terms of Service.

2Shipping and activation fees waived with 1-year agreement. An Early Termination Fee (with periodic pro-rated reductions) applies if service is terminated before the end of the first 12 months. Additional restrictions may apply. See Terms of Service for details.

HIGH SPEED INTERNET REQUIRED. †VALID FOR NEW LINES ONLY. RATES EXCLUDE INTERNET SERVICE, SURCHARGES, FEES AND TAXES. DEVICE MAY BE REFURBISHED. If you subscribe to plans with monthly minutes allotments, all call minutes placed from both from your home and registered ExtensionsTM phones will count toward your monthly minutes allotment. ExtensionsTM calls made from mobiles use airtime and may incur surcharges, depending on your mobile plan. Alarms, TTY and other systems may not be compatible. Vonage 911 service operates differently than traditional 911. See www.vonage.com/911 for details.

** Certain call types excluded.

www.vonage-forum.com is not an official Vonage support website & is independently operated.
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All comments are property of their posters.
All other www.vonage-forum.com content is © Copyright 2002 - 2013 by 4Sight Media LLC.

Thinking of signing up for Vonage but have questions?
Business and Residential customers can call Toll Free 24 hours a day at: 1-888-692-8074
No Vonage Promotion Code or Coupon Codes are required at www.vonage.com to receive any special,
best Vonage cheap deals, free sign up offers or discounts.

[ | | | | | ]

Vonage Forum Site Maps

Vonage | VoIP Forum | How VoIP Works | Wiring and Installation Page Two | International Rate Plans 2 | Internet Phone
Promotion | Vonage Review | VoIP | Broadband Phone | Free Month | Rebate | Vonnage | Vontage | VoIP | Phone Service
Phone | llamadas ilimitadas a Mexico | Latest News | VoIP Acronyms | Deal | Philippines Globe Phone | Site Maps

The Vonage Forum provides the Vonage sign up Best Offer Promotion Deal.
If you are considering signing up for Vonage and have found our Vonage News, Customer Reviews, Forums
& all other parts of this site useful, please use our Vonage Sign up page.


Vonage VoIP Phone Service is redefining communications by offering consumers
& small business VoIP Internet phones, an affordable alternative to traditional phone service.
The Vonage VoIP Forum Generated This Page In: 0.71 Seconds and 614 Pages In The Last 60 Seconds
The Vonage VoIP Forum