In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to be noised abroad wifi password?
On Mar 30, 2016 at 18:48:05

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » VoIP Feature Wish List
Poll

Would you boycott a company who refused offer services to the tech minded people? People that made the internet possible for everone in the first place?
YES!
88%
 88%  [ 24 ]
YES!
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

Ravious
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: OPEN SIP! Reply with quote Back to top

Im a tech person.. I've always been. And there is one thing that I hate more than anything in this world.. And that is for a company to tell me that im too stupid to configure my own hardware.. so much to the point that im forced to use a little linksys piece of crap that gets sent to me....

Lets get one thing straight here.. I love vonage.. I love its service.. But I hate the fact that you guys are forcing people to use these dang adapters. Why can you not just sell SIP accounts in addition to the normal accounts you offer now.. And no Im not talking about that crappy Softphone deal you have.. like so many minutes for bla bla bla.. Screw that.. I want an unlimited miunutes softphone plan that I can use to configure with my own device.. I can see no down side to this.. You would be making your Tech customers happy.. they would continue to get to feel superior to everyone cause they have a neat toy, and the normal american cattle could still be happy using their little linksys *cough*crap*cough* adapters that make them feel as if they just taken a step in the 21st... My main point here is.. Why not keep both your customer bases happy when it would be no skin off your back? I see no other reason other than to just insult your "smart" customers. Perhaps thats the issue here.. You just dont want customers that might be smarter than your tech support personnel? Is that it perhaps? What other excuse could you manage to find other than that for not allowing people to use their own devices? Please.. if im wrong.. correct me.
zerain
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amen, brother, amen. Applause
furyg3
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They won't do it because then there would be no reason to buy softphone. Some people may carry around their adapters when they leave the house/office, but many (if not most) pay for softphone.

IF SIP were open, then you could use both, and wouldn't pay them extra money. You're limited to 500 mins on Softphone for a similar reason. If Softphone were unlimited, then nobody would pay for a second line, which is much more expensive than Softphone.
booma
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

furyg3 wrote:
They won't do it because then there would be no reason to buy softphone. Some people may carry around their adapters when they leave the house/office, but many (if not most) pay for softphone.

IF SIP were open, then you could use both, and wouldn't pay them extra money. You're limited to 500 mins on Softphone for a similar reason. If Softphone were unlimited, then nobody would pay for a second line, which is much more expensive than Softphone.

...and this is why Vonage will never provide an open SIP!

Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: ???? Reply with quote Back to top

Softphone is the second line...

the Vphone doesn't work on my computer and it's all I want something that works on my computer... No matter what. I am always on the go. If I was always home or in one place I would not even look at Vonage, any cable company offers Voip,
it really give me the idea that they can't picture what the market could be.

And why would I take a limited plan on top of an unlimited plan???

Counterpath is the company that designed the softphone and you can configure it...
So I ask Vonage to do so but as said they think you're just a stupid piece of human being and they told me it was not possible... Sure the Vphone is a high end piece of technology even the NASA is looking at it...

End of the story : I cancelled. So not only I wont use two line but not even one...

And they think their big problem is customer service, I think their big pb is managment.

The big issue with Vonage is they can't keep their customers. That means the company worth nada.

furyg3 wrote:

fentyway
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes it is time to free up the sip information i have had two of the ut starcom f 1000 wifi phones, they are no good, I tried to get the sip info to put in a nokia e51, they refused to give me , i might just take up the packet8 mobile package. if they don't free it up...

Last edited by fentyway on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
roscopco
Vonage Forum MVM
Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of paying for the soft phone and only getting 500 minutes, Vonage is offering the Vonage talk application: http://alpha.vonage.com

You can use your Vonage line and this at the same time, you can call any north American number anywhere in the world and you can receive calls on this also.

I did a work around the sip thing. I got a free number from freedigitsdotnet and then downloaded the x-lite soft phone. I can make unlimited calls using the contactbook application from Vonage that calls my freedigit number, just in case Vonage talk goes down.
nysbigdave
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Cost is heavy Reply with quote Back to top

Here's why,
The Planned service that their product team developed & executor supports suggested that the Vphone/Soft phone service would generate x amount of dollars, they won’t deviate from the plan even if its not working just because the plan has a timeline with matching projections & executives that believe in that timeline & have to prove out those projections (they owe this to the investors). For them to offer a new service means they would have plan for a new service offering and surpass the previously set projections. which include risk assessment, marketing cost, development of platform support yada yada yada, they can’t see the value in it.. or just not creative enough to create the value in it.

Their still recovering from that IPO failure & marketing spending spree they went on.

NOTE TO Vonage:
NO RED TAPE JUST PLAIN ENGLISH.
BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!
PEOPLE LOVE THE SERVICE, YOU EXCEL AT IT WHY NOT MAKE IT THAT MUCH BETTER?
WHY NOT GET RID OF ANYDOUBT THAT YOU HAVE THE BEST SERVICE FOR PEOPLES HARD EARNED MONEY!

SIP SUPPORT IS Can be achieved and manage easily with your Voip infrastructure, charge 3.99 a month per line for the service, offer limited support, covering only connection specific details, (authentication, protocol support) nothing more. Problem solved, spend a little on marketing, customers happy, increased sales due to referrals, and new comers just because Vonage has the goods.
JustSomeGuy
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I gotta agree, knowing my SIP credential is good for me.
wetcap
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Open Sip Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree that I am getting very irritated with Vonage. I have two lines, one at my office and one with me in Argentina. I have ended up using my Skype account more ever. I once had the Sip credential but lost them and was not able to get them back. I think I am going to cancel both of my accounts and find another solution.