How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
verycute1
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update.

A week later, still having a problem. Now the techs when they do their test calls have problems too. SUpposedly my problem has been escalated. I lost my temper at them Saturday Morning when an ambulance, sirens flashing pulled up in front of our house, because the ER had been trying to call our house for an hour and couldn't get through. MY husband was on call that day. I called tech support and told the woman I spoke to, how would she feel if that was her relative needing to be seen and ER couldnt get through to the house because the phone service sucked. She did a test, and it was busy, told me it would be fast tracked. I told her I had heard that line enough already.

Sunday we were out all day, so I have no idea if there were problems. Monday around 3pm My husband called on the cell, still busy tone on the house line. Called them up and said we still had a problem. Monday at 6 pm my personal doctor got through after trying all day. SHe accidentally had hit the # key after dialing the number. Tuesday, I called tech support cause the number was still ringing busy, the tech I spoke to was mad because NOT ONE OF THE TECHS I had spoken to before, put how serious the problem. SO he did a test call and couldnt get through. I told him about my doctor getting through because she hit # by accident. He decided for the heck of it to do that. He got through. He updated my ticket and told me he would do the best he could to get the problem flagged as urgent. Meanwhile I asked them to give me back my old number and remove the new one I didnt want. WHich was pretty much switching the virtual with the new and then dropping the new. WHat they have since done, is to remove my old number, and I am stuck with the new number I didnt want to begin with. I got a letter offering me first dibs on Shares when Vonage goes public. Anybody have the personal email address of Vonage CEO so I can email him my problems and let him know why I'll not be investing?
farallone
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Intermittent Incoming call issues with PAP2 in WA State Reply with quote Back to top

I have had Vonage for nearly two years. However, for the last two weeks we have also had inbound call issues. A typical error is that the inbound caller hears It ring several times and then receives a message that "the caller that you are trying to reach is out of the service area". For the person receiving the call the phone rings, the caller-ID displays the correct information, but there is only silence on the phone. Powering off and on the PAP2 and the Cable Modem do not seem to resolve the issues.
Sheblardin
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Incoming calls issue Reply with quote Back to top

I've been dealing with the same exact issue as you for 3 weeks now. 4 -5 hours on hold. They've reconfigured my router. I've added a second line using a new port. The whole Shibang. Same issue. This company is truely falling apart. They are heavily banking on this IPO and for some reason are having major technical issues. I wonder if the ISP's are saboting Vonage.

Log onto your account and see how many calls are forwarded. Now if someone gets through it rings on my home phone twice, but when I pick up there is nothing. Then my cell phone starts ringing, because the call was actually forwarded.

I rarely can dial out. This is insane. I think it's time to switch back to AT & T.
verycute1
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday I called tech support. I was very nice, but they could tell I was MAD. I told the tech that I wanted to have my old number back. I went through the whole long story for the zillionth time. She was very apologetic and it was going well until I remarked that she was the first person who hadn't transfered me to tech support, and was actually trying to help. SHe told me that no-one ever speaks to actual technicians, they only recieve emails. SO I asked her, then who had I spoken to all those times. She said that yes those were techs I had spoken to, but that one simply does not call tech support and ask to speak to a technician, and she didnt know how I was able to speak to all those techs. I told her that I called the number that I was calling now and asked to speak to a tech, thats how I got to talk to them. SHe told me that that should never have happened and I lost it. I told her transfer me to a techncian right away and if she didnt, I'd cal; back and the next rep would, and at that point I would make sure that I spoke to every single supervisor. She put me on hold, came back apologised, she's new blah blah, I could hear the supervisor coaching her in the background. She then asked me what she could do to help me before transfering me to a technician. I said I wanted my old number back, they messed up I want my number back. She said "i can do that" SO I asked her (my exact words) If you can change the number back, then why couldn't the moron I spoke to at 3am do it? After all, it's the same support number I've been calling since last week ( when that nice kind person posted it here) More apologies, but the order went in and I asked her how long it would take. I told her I didnt want to have to call all the doctors and give them a number if it would only be active for a few more hours. She came back on the lineand said that her supervisor guaranteed it would be changed within 4 hours. Then her supervisor came on the line and wanted to know how I dierct dialled into the system. I told her I got the number off a friendly helpful message board. She asked ME for the number because she said, they get so many transfered calls from india and those customers are pissed because they want to direct dial Jersey and not get India, and she didnt know what number to give them, because they at tech support did not know what the direct dial number to their facility was. She said even if they had known, she wasn't supposed to give it out, but she was as frustrated as the customers with the whole outsourcing thing. She was very happy that now she could (unofficially) give customers the direct dial number so they wouldnt have to speak to india first.

SO that's one problem solved, I got my old number back. My phone still keeps ringing busy ever so ofter though. But I didnt want to burden those poor techs with too many problems in one call Eek Eek

I'll work on that tomorrow.
verycute1
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Futher updates... buyer beware

SO if you;ve read this entire thread you know the many problems I have faced with tech support blah blah.

After my last entry about a day or two later the phone rang, it was Vonage calling to confirm that everything was ok. I had ben recieving calls properly so I said it was fine for now. SO they thanked me for using Vonage blah blan and we hung up.

Now I don;t know about you guys but I pay my bill on the 10th of the month,and after all this hoopla started, I paid it, so I was all paid up. Last week Tue May 23, 2006 I got an email, dear customer we are unable to charge your credit card in the amount of $38.87 . SO I called them. Spoke to customer rep. the conversation went something like this:

Me: My name is X, live at X phone number X user name X
Rep: How can I help you?
Me WHy am I being charged $38.87
Rep,: Oh that's for the line that we disconnected.
Me: that line was active for maybe a week. Why am I being charged for it.?
Rep: well we charged for the month and the disconnect and fees, you requested a second line and now you are disconnecting it so we charge you the full month.
ME: Read my file. Read all the tickets. I never requested a second line , your tech told me on may 12th that I had to have a new line put in. I didn't want it. REad my chart. Read the comments of the next tech who said he didnt know why I was made to get a new line. Read my chart. Read that I requested restoration of my old number the day they told me I didnt need a new number. i.e 24 hours later. Read that it took tech support another week to remove a number I said all along I didnt want.

Rep. Huh. Well we still have to charge you.

Me: Let me get this straight. You are charging me for a number I never wanted that your tech forced me to have, that it took you guys 7 days to remove, You are charging me for a months service on that line?

Rep: correct.

Me: let me speak to someone in charge right now or else I am driving up to jersey pronto.

On hold for 40 min. Am crying tears of rage by the time 2nd person picks up.

I recite all the info needed and then before the 2nd tech can speak I apologise for the things he is about to hear. I assure him that it's not him I'm mad at. He laughs and says go for it. I explode and at the end I need my inhaler, I am so mad I am out of breath and wheezing.

He says dont know why your account wasnt credited. This has been mishandled from day one.

I agree.

He says I want to help you but I can only do amounts under$10. My supervisor is right here and he can authorise it right away.

Me: Thank god.

On hold for 15 mins.

Person no. 3 picks up. dont sound like a supervisor soI tell him I am waiting for a supervisor that's been assigned to me. He says he can help. I have to recite my info and story all over again. He says ; you got charged for the new number. You ordered it, we charge you.

I am speechless. Then I start screaming. I go through the whole hoopla again. I tell him look at the darned records I never ordered the number in fact I kept saying I didnt want it. Tech insisted I had to have it, the only way to keep my old number was as a virtual and futher more I shouldnt be paying them, they should be crediting me for all the crap I had to go through.

SO he says, I can't do that.

Me: what?
Him: I have to open a ticket for the billing department to look at it.
Me: But I thought this was the billing they transferred me to?
Him: It is but I can't just credit you I have to open a ticket and they have to investigate it.
Me: &#&#&$*
Him: So you want me to open the ticket or not?
ME: open it. how long will it take?
Him: 5-10 business days.
Me: Ok well here's what I'm going to do. I will wait 5-10 business days. Then I will contact every single paper and news station I can find to hold a press conference to announce why the public shouldn't buy Vonage stock. I am also going to email CEO and everyone whose email addy I can find and their phone numbers and literally keep calling until somebody takes this matter seriously.
Him: You shouldnt have to do that m'am it will take 5-10 days.
ME: read the darned chart and you'll see I've been calling since the beginning of may and everytime I call you guys keep adding more problems. That's why I am going to publisize this problem.

I'm still waiting for my refund.
Sheblardin
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Incoming calls CEO is a crook Reply with quote Back to top

That's the bottom line. They don't give a crap. The customer service is doing this intentionally knowing full well that they will lose your business anyway. Vonage is fine when it works and you don't hae to deal with them. Thge CEO is banned by the SEC from being a broker. he just became a rich man when they went public, despite the fact that the stock tanked. Expect Vonage to get swallowed up by someone in the near future and go away. You''' be an AT&T customer in no time. Vonage is absolutely the worst customer service company that is publicly traded out there.

It is just plain falling apart. The CEO is a crook. The company is putting all their money into marketing and virtually noting into R & D and services. Ergo the problenms with incoming calls that is a global issue and thed horrible customer service runarounds that we all go through.

They need to be arrested.
ram1220
Full Forum Member
Full Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've read this thread and I too have had some of the same problems that are mentioned here. I know quite a lot about computers and tech gadgets so I have my service working fairly well now. But what I won't forgive Vonage for and what I still haven't received a credit for happened on day 1. When I activated my adapter and started my phone service, I could not receive any calls. To make a long story short, after over an hour on hold and exploding at India, it was determined that the phone number Vonage gave to me had been issued to someone else. My calls were going to her phone. So what does V do? They issue me another phone number but only after I threaten to cancel service. The idiot in India kept saying over and over " But you can make calls. So your service is working." Me- "Yes but I can't receive them." India- "But your can make calls." Anyway V charged me another $9.99 for a new phone number. To this day I still have not been given a credit for their screwup.
But I will promise you this. I can really see myself canceling in a month or two if things don't start improving and I mean fast. But before I do I will report my credit card as lost and have the bank issue me a new one. And Vonage can try all they want to charge me their cancelation fee but they won't get it. Just like I didn't get my $10 back for their screwup. Good luck with your ordeal.
And for all the newbies here that think Vonage is all the rage and can do no harm, just give it time. You will have your share of problems and frustrations just like the rest of us. I hope you won't, but you will and God help you then.

Bob
verycute1
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I got my credit back Saturday morning.

This morning 10:30 am Time Warner salesman came to the door to let me know digital phone service is finally available in my area. I offered him a cup of coffee and told him to sit down and hear my tale of woe.

Time warner will be back in 19 days (it takes em 20 to port the no from Vonage) to install my service. And I get to keep my old number. And because the guy felt so sorry for me, He's giving me an additional discount on top of the package deal for the first 6 months.

And they say customer service is dead..... I say Vonage should learn a lesson from the big boys.