How to arrive at wifi password?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 05:05:49

HildBeft Posted:
Great tips..
Thanks for sharing

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
How to have Vonage and another land line?
On Oct 20, 2016 at 04:55:03

massrman Posted:
The devices are
available at
different price
margins , please
share your
estimated

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:48:03

massrman Posted:
Hi these are most
commonly used SIP
PBX interops and
their
configuration
guides,

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
IP PBX for small business
On Sep 30, 2016 at 00:37:45

Sammy00 Posted:
Has anyone setup a
W52p phone for
vonage? I have
a W52p with two
wireless handsets,

In The Forum:
Hard Wiring - Installation
Topic:
W52p Setup
On Aug 30, 2016 at 10:38:01

James44 Posted:
Hi, I am
looking for a good
Sip Trunking
provider in
Canada. they
should offer

In The Forum:
Vonage
Topic:
A good sip trunking provider
On Jul 17, 2016 at 23:42:46

Vonage VoIP Forums

Vonage In The News
Vonage Holdings Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results

Carolyn Katz Elected to Board of Directors of Vonage Holdings Corp.

Syndication

Vonage Customer Reviews
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal
Vonage vs. Time Warner Cable SoCal

Vonage UK Review
Vonage UK Review

Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006
Vonage Pros and Cons for 2006

Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review
Vonage, a VT2142 and a RTP300, My Experiences - A Detailed Review

Salt Lake City: impressions after several months
Salt Lake City: impressions after several months

Vonage Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic  Vonage® VoIP Forum - Vonage News, Reviews And Discussion » Vonage Forum Archive
maryjane
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Voicemail Attatchments Sent to someone else's address Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone else ever had there voicemail attatchments sent to someone else's address?

I noticed my attatchments weren't coming just the notification.

Logged into my Vonage account and someone elses email address was where mine should have been? Soooo Rolling Eyes somebody else was receiving and listening to my voicemail attatchments.

How on earth could something like this happen? My Vonage account is password protected.

Now I'm wondering whom this address belongs to, Is there any way I can get this information?? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Router..........Linksys RTP300 FV1.00.60
Modem.........Motorola SB5100
booma
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could send an email to the address and ask them what they know. Maybe they are a Vonage customer as well and their name got shoved into your spot -- database error perhaps?

Vonage Forum <b>MVM</b>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The easiest way to get that information would be to send the person an email requesting it. They probably are another Vonage customer and are wondering why they are getting all of these odd voicemails.

The only sure way to get someone's name from their email address is to contact the organization that issued the address. Most ISPs won't give that information out without a subpoena. And some email providers don't require the information in the first place.

I have been successful in tracking down email address holders by using Google. If they have their email address on a website or they use it on a mailing list you may be able to harvest their name and their approximate location.

As far as your Vonage account being password protected, their security isn't very good. Alternatively if you ever logged into your account from a public terminal and didn't log out, you left the possibility that someone else could access your account. However, I rather suspect that something got messed up internally at Vonage.

[EDIT: spellcheck]

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious what happens when you google the email addy?

Is it anything like SA.Paul.Jones@fbi.gov ? Smile
maryjane
Vonage Forum Evangelist
Vonage Forum Evangelist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did a google search and It brought up some information on this address along with his home telephone number and yes he is also a Vonage user.. still doesn't explain how in the world this error happened.

I don't use public computers so I'm ruling that out.

The only other reason could be I did have my Vonage number changed a couple of weeks back and this was a Vonage internal error.

I would hate for this to happen to someone else so I will address this issue to someone other than Customer Support as they didn't have a clue as how this happened also.

Router..........Linksys RTP300 FV1.00.60
Modem.........Motorola SB5100
BLIFlyer
Vonage Forum Associate
Vonage Forum Associate

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This happened to me when I first signed up for Vonage. Turns out the phone numnber I was assigned belonged to a previous Vonage user and Vonage never reset the voice mail settings when they switched the phone number to me so his settings were still in the account when I got it. The lesson is to ALWAYS check the defaults in your account and set them the way you want them.

setup: fiber to house --> Netgear Wireless WGT624 --> 4 wireless/1 wired computer plus VTech IP 8100-2
sinceMay2004
Vonage Forum Master
Vonage Forum Master

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.gotvoice.com/gv_providers.html
2 months old now.

Don't know if there are the backend to current v->email.
Or a feature somehow to be announced.

EDIT: Implies you can combine all your vmail (from certain cell carriers) into an email account. Anybody tried this www.gotvoice.com ?